Demon's Souls - Discussion Thread

What do I say! Today's been an awesome day. The Red Dragon, Flamelurker and Dragon God kissed the world goodbye! :eek:hyeah:

Red Dragon was a piece of cake once I had the Soul Ray. Quickly teleported to the Phalanx's Archstone and sprinted through the bridge to the first tower. Equipped the Soul Ray, the Ring of Magical Sharpness and the Fragrant Ring (plus stocked up on some Fresh Spice; I had to save the Old Spice for later occasions!) and waited for her to show up. Fired the ray and locked on to the target, and the HP gradually began taking a hit, 65 at a time. Consumed some Fresh Spice and a few hits later, her soul was MINE! The next thing I did was to quickly go to the nest in 1-1 and get the loot there. Got hold of the PFS but cannot equip it properly since my stats is a bit low. Gave it to Stockpile Thomas for now. Using a Dark Heater Shield +2 for now.

As for the Flamelurker, my hands were almost trembling when I approached the fog gate. The cutscene ensued and this dude covered up in flames all around, was standing right THERE! Equipped the Ring of Magical Sharpness and the Ring of Flame Resistance, and marched ahead saying my prayers. And BAM he pounces on me and quickly dodged it. Locked on to him and started using the Soul Ray. The HP started going down gradually and all I did was to roll and roll within the arena while locking in on him. He was dead in a minute or so. Came back to the Nexus and spent the souls on stats upgrades.

The last one for the day was the Dragon God, the one in the intro cutscene towards the end. Fortunately all that was required from the player was proper timing and strategy to avoid the flame breath and the mighty lash from his limbs. The Thief Ring helped in this regard and for most part, I went through undetected. And the for last portion when almost 10pc of the HP remains, I managed to use Soul Ray from a distance to slay it. Got plenty of souls and spent it on stats upgrade and a bit for weapon upgrades.

The fog surrounding the gate at 1-3 (Tower Knight's archstone) is gone for good! I think I'll go ahead with 1-3 or maybe 4-1. Let's see. :)

Great going man! Like I said before all the last bosses of every world are basically push-overs, except for Old King Allant. As easy it was to kill the Red Dragon, the Blue Dragon is twice as tough and time consuming. Visit 4-1 now and see if you can tackle those Skeleton horde and keep an eye out for all the dead soldier's bodies, they have a lot of loot. Caution: Watch out for traps in this level and narrow area falls in 4-2.

Allwyn, I cannot thank you enough for all the help and advice bro! :)

Oh and I forgot to mention. I almost pissed off Blacksmith Boldwin and Sage Freke yesterday. I thought I was done for! Sage Freke sits in the corner adjacent to the stairs so I thought of just jumping down from the stairs instead of going around the stairway and the pillars but by jumping off the stairs I rolled over him and hit him. Freke stood up and he was like, "What is wrong with you?! Why do you want to kill me? What will you achieve by killing a poor magician?!" Fortunately he was alright a moment later. And then when I was standing next to Boldwin, unknowingly pressed L1 and it hit him with the Dragon Sword and Ed drew a small Mail Breaker towards me and I thought THAT IS IT. Quickly reloaded the save game and he was alright.

So a word of caution to the rest - do NOT strike/jump/roll over the NPCs and piss them off esp. the blacksmiths.

Allwyn, I cannot thank you enough for all the help and advice bro! :)

Anytime man! Glad you're enjoying the title and didn't back out. :)

Oh and I forgot to mention. I almost pissed off Blacksmith Boldwin and Sage Freke yesterday. I thought I was done for! Sage Freke sits in the corner adjacent to the stairs so I thought of just jumping down from the stairs instead of going around the stairway and the pillars but by jumping off the stairs I rolled over him and hit him. Freke stood up and he was like, "What is wrong with you?! Why do you want to kill me? What will you achieve by killing a poor magician?!" Fortunately he was alright a moment later. And then when I was standing next to Boldwin, unknowingly pressed L1 and it hit him with the Dragon Sword and Ed drew a small Mail Breaker towards me and I thought THAT IS IT. Quickly reloaded the save game and he was alright.

So a word of caution to the rest - do NOT strike/jump/roll over the NPCs and piss them off esp. the blacksmiths.

Woah! 2 close calls? Dude be very careful. These 2 guys are probably THE most important NPCs you'd be needing for your upgrades. Be careful not to mess things up, at least not this far in the game. This game doesn't even allow backing up the save files from XMB. :(

I know! I almost freaked out when Boldwin drew his weapon. Thank god, everything was alright! :(

But good news is, this weapon I picked up from 2-2 yesterday - Dragon Sword+1 kicks ass! Upgraded it to +2 from Blacksmith Ed after I handed him over the Red Hot Demon's Soul. The BEK dies from 2 hits from this sword and their guard can be easily broken with a 2 handed slash. Killer!

Yep. If I recall properly, Dragon Sword delivers fire damage. This should be useful on a lot of enemies, who are weaker to fire attacks. Now is the time to start focusing on your melee weapons. You'll see how fast it is compared to blasting them with soul ray/arrow and waiting for the MP to regenerate. Not to mention the challenge involved in going heads-up against the enemy. :D

And those Black Phantoms seem to be pretty deadly! I encountered a couple of those at the very start of 2-2 yesterday equipped with a club and a huge shield and these guys were rolling and blocking like crazy! Finished them nonetheless.

Allwyn, I might sound a bit crazy here but I think I'll attempt 1-3 today. Being restless to see how the Penetrator boss battle is! Supposedly this is the hardest one in the entire game? But it can go the easy way because <you know what>. :p

Yeah, of course. Like I said, there is nothing to loose, except your souls and your body form. Don't forget to rescue Yuria the Witch and Briorr. The latter will aid you in the boss battle against Penetrator. Also, if Ostrava will also need to be rescued, if he's not dead already. This rescue might be a bit tough, since you'll have to battle it out against 3 Red Eyed Knights. I just missed that oppurtunity and he got killed. No big loss though. :p

This rescue might be a bit tough, since you'll have to battle it out against 3 Red Eyed Knights.

Holy shit! :scared14: I've no idea how I am going to do this. Anyhow let's see.

Rescuing Biorr - that's the top priority in this mission other than the Penetrator's soul. :p

Forgot to ask something. Did you manage to get the Mausoleum's key from Ostrava and fight his father Old King Doran to get the Demonbrandt? And hell, killing this bugger yields some 30k+ souls damn.

Forgot to ask something. Did you manage to get the Mausoleum's key from Ostrava and fight his father Old King Doran to get the Demonbrandt? And hell, killing this bugger yields some 30k+ souls damn.

I did get the Masoleum key when he died at the hands of the Red Eyed Knight. I brought the Old King's health to around 50 percent, after which he stopped attacking me and allowed me to grab the Demonbrandt. I never used it though. It's quite a heavy sword. Didn't attempt to kill him, as it took a bloody long time to even bring his health down to 50 percent.

I did get the Masoleum key when he died at the hands of the Red Eyed Knight. I brought the Old King's health to around 50 percent, after which he stopped attacking me and allowed me to grab the Demonbrandt. I never used it though. It's quite a heavy sword. Didn't attempt to kill him, as it took a bloody long time to even bring his health down to 50 percent.

Fair enough! I really wish there was a two-way trading involved in the game. There is no way we can dispose off the excess stockpile. :sleep:

This has become a 2-way conversation now! Have the demons consumed Dinesh's soul? :p

dinjo

OMG check this out - had a good laugh! :rofl:

demon__s_souls_help_flamelurker_by_asshattle-d2xgesf.jpg

Nah, I have not being too well in last few days to play video games and most of the time I come home late and go straight to bed.

The Penetrator bites the dust. 1-3 completed. :D

Thank goodness Biorr was rescued from his cell and helped me (almost single-handedly). Otherwise this would have been one bloody battle and I might have even lost it. The Penetrator had a long sword and one sweep would cover almost half of the arena. Locked onto him and used the Soul Ray and drew his attention twice! But Biorr went berserk and started slashing him left, right and center. Took him down pretty easily thereafter. The intro cutscene where the Penetrator shows up was pretty cool. You know you are not going to face a measly Official for a boss battle. :p

Also rescued Yuria from her capture. She seemed to be pretty scared when I approach her for some spells and insists on getting those from Sage Freke instead! Ostrava was also saved from the 2 REKs and the soldier who were about to kill him but then I died and upon respawning, I noticed that he was fighting against those soldiers and losing his HP gradually. Not sure if he made it to 1-4. I did not see him at the Nexus upon return.

Oh and I happened to die twice on this level. At the very start, when I was climbing those lengthy stairway before the door being shut by the Fat Minister, three pikemen came charging and poked me to death! Wasn't quite expecting that since I can last a few slashes from these minions. The next time, I jumped to a platform right besides the huge door and jumped down hoping to make it but died! To make matters worse, the bloodstain remained at that platform and I thought I'd die again after the jump but somehow this time my character made it safely and lost maybe 5pc of the HP! Very very strange. Those Imperial Spies were pretty deadly as well. Extremely agile and before you could cast a spell, they close in on you. And before facing the boss, there were 3 REKs on guard. I had to lure them out one at a time before I could cast the Soul Ray on them. I have completely ditched the Fragrant Ring since the MP regen. happens extremely slowly and isn't worth such a long wait. I tend to carry a lot of Fresh Spice with me at all times and fills the MP gauge for about 4 of those.

A very good place for farming the souls now is the Penetrator Archstone. Have some Fresh Spice in the inventory (Blacksmith Boldwin retails them for 350 souls each). Spawn, head back where the 3 REKs are on guard, equip the Thief's Ring and the Ring of Magical Sharpness, fire a bolt of Soul Ray on one of the 3 REKs, lure them out one at a time, sprint towards the door and he'd go back the stairs. Fire another bolt and he should be done for! Take them down one at a time. 2070 souls x 3 = 6210. In less than 10 minutes! Can't ask for more I guess.

World 1-3 upon completion yields us at least 70k+ souls. Consuming the Penetrator's demon soul grants us an additional 36k souls. Invested those in stats upgrading and got the Evacuate miracle. Soul level currently stands at 56 and requires 16k odd souls for the next upgrade! :dead:

Will go for 4-1 or 3-2. Confused for now. Mostly 4-1 since I haven't ventured into this area before.

Can't view it properly. It's been re-sized to such an extent that even a microscope wouldn't help. :p

The forum's image host screwed up the original resolution. :|

Here - http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...uls_help_flamelurker_by_asshattle-d2xgesf.png

Completed 4-1, defeated the Vanguard and the Adjudicator and consumed their souls. :D

The game has now become pretty easy thanks to the upgraded character stats and the better equipment. 4-1 was relatively easy except for those Golden Skeletons with the Cleaver placed at the blind spots. They are however weak to Magic and dispatched them using Soul Ray. The Thief Ring was extremely helpful here. Rescued Graverobber Blige from his cell and of all the traders I have met by far, this dude retails the Fresh Spice the cheapest for 300 souls. The chapter got over pretty quickly as well - not beyond 40 minutes I reckon. Also decided to visit 2-3 - Flamelurker Archstone and quickly went towards the Dragon God's area and found the Dragon Bone Smasher - this is possible only in pure white world tendency and fortunately World 2 was showing up as pure white in the World Tendency option. Cannot wield this weapon anyhow, not even with the upgraded specs so I decided to give it to Stockpile Thomas for now.

Wanted to begin 4-2 but decided to watch a movie instead. Looks like all the fear associated with the title is gone for good! Will possibly move on to 4-2 today.

Just for kicks, I decided to load up NG+ and killed Phalanx, leveled up and moved onto 4-1. Decided to go melee on Vanguard this time, but one swoop from his sword and I was greeted with the 'You died' screen. :p

Got back again, used warding, slashed away and killed him pretty easily. Guess Soul form does more damage. Dam! I really feel like starting over again, but must resist. :(

I really feel like starting over again, but must resist. :(

I know that feeling. Most RPGs leave you wanting for more. But fret not, we have Dark Souls incoming this August. If the PC version scores over the console ones, we'll grab that (else the console version) and this time we'll begin together. It'll be kick ass!

I know that feeling. Most RPGs leave you wanting for more. But fret not, we have Dark Souls incoming this August. If the PC version scores over the console ones, we'll grab that (else the console version) and this time we'll begin together. It'll be kick ass!

I'm not sure if I can hold out that long. I mean, this month hardly has any game, same goes for next month. This would be the best time to start Dark Souls. The rest of our backlog is mainly filled with short length games, which we can complete at will. RPG's, however, need time & patience, so it's best to take them up during the gaming drought season. From August onwards, the titles will just keep flowing in and I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with them and play Dark Souls at the same time. And I don't know about you, but right now, I really need a dark atmospheric game. Call it a seasonal touch, but I love playing such games when it's raining outside. :p

Back