Discussion on Aadhaar Based Bank Frauds!

Almost never needed it, as OTP based auth is enough for most purposes.
What's your take on contact less cards?

You place the debit card on their POS and a few seconds the payment is settled. Like magic.

No OTP required :oops:
Locked biometric many years back and do not share adhaar details with the bank for KYC. Recently had applied for Axis CC , they came with biometric machine for verifying KYC, i refused to give adhaar, they agreed to do it manually after some persuasion. PSU banks just refuse to offer alternative to adhaar.
Not entirely true. They just make it harder. Every six months they lock my account and ask for kyc. ATM withdrawal works but anything beyond is declined.

I have to sign a form with pan card xerox. Then a few hours later I get sms from the bank saying welcome back :bored:

I set a reminder on the phone now to let me know what to expect six months hence.

Last edited:
Not entirely true. They just make it harder. Every six months they lock my account and ask for kyc. ATM withdrawal works but anything beyond is declined.
Which bank is this ? If you give any of the requisite docs for address and identity proofs (Aadhar is not mandated) then they are bound to accept. Otherwise this is against the law / RBI KYC regulations so you can raise a complaint.
I have not faced this with any of the 4 banks, whose products I use.

Which bank is this ? If you give any of the requisite docs for address and identity proofs (Aadhar is not mandated) then they are bound to accept. Otherwise this is against the law / RBI KYC regulations so you can raise a complaint.
I have not faced this with any of the 4 banks, whose products I use.
Canara. I don't know if it's policy just noting the cards, get declined around that time and I have to give them kyc again.

I don't want to give them Aadhar which for zero effort neatly bypasses the main topic here :)

What's your take on contact less cards?

You place the debit card on their POS and a few seconds the payment is settled. Like magic.

No OTP required :oops:
I use contactless payments, but with certain limits.
a. Only credit cards, not debit
b. Contactless limit set to 3000rs
c. I don't use the card directly, rather I use my phone's NFC payment (Samsung wallet, supports all POS machines that support contactless card payments). This way I can immediately verify the transaction and raise dispute if anything is off. It even works offline (in flight).

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240131_104904_Samsung Wallet.png
    SmartSelect_20240131_104904_Samsung Wallet.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 22
Back