Dishonored - Discussion Thread

I have seen better looking games with acceptable system requirements.Not interested in this shite.

Yeah ! The game requirements surely seems to take some toll on low end pc's(like mine), but I am still going to try it and if my machine can't handle I'll save it for later. You can't really call it "shite" until you have tried it out :p

This is probably the only game for which I haven't seen a lot of Gameplay videos or read any articles about.

Never saw any major trailer for Dishonored until today. Today I was at my colleague's desk and he had Vimeo on one of the tabs. I was pleasantly surprised Vimeo wasn't banned at work. And then I saw Dishonored featured on one of the links above. Clicked on it and shat myself after watching the trailer. I am assuming this was the debut trailer. Pretty sure you must've seen this by now but here goes once again:

[video=vimeo;40526927]https://vimeo.com/40526927[/video]

Saw the 3 webisodes of Tales of Dunwall as well. I am all set now! It is going to be Dishonored vs Hitman vs Assassin's Creed this fall!

PS: Vimeo seems to be a whole lot better than YouTube. No ads. Good interface.

Yeah ! The game requirements surely seems to take some toll on low end pc's(like mine), but I am still going to try it and if my machine can't handle I'll save it for later. You can't really call it "shite" until you have tried it out :p

I completely agree with you friend.A system without an i7,HD7950 or a Gtx 660ti ,4gb ddr3 ram cannot be considered as a gaming system.Even i have a low end pc with a 2years old ancient outdated i5 2400 and a year old HD 6870.some games like witcher 2 just crawls on my shite system.sometimes I feel like throwing it off.such a crap hardware. hoping to upgrade soon.:)

^^ Son, you have a lot to learn in the fine art of trolling.
:lol:
I completely agree with you friend.A system without an i7,HD7950 or a Gtx 660ti ,4gb ddr3 ram cannot be considered as a gaming system.Even i have a low end pc with a 2years old ancient outdated i5 2400 and a year old HD 6870.some games like witcher 2 just crawls on my shite system.sometimes I feel like throwing it off.such a crap hardware. hoping to upgrade soon.:)

Generally i ignore guys like you.But I see a lot like you in those european & us forums.:lol:please go there you are needed more there.

He will be back with another ID. Now this is getting really out of hand! :(

I think this is like the 6th ID of this guy that we are banning. :facepalm:

Sadly yes. I imported Skyrim from Flipkart, but that's an Elder Scrolls game with a lot of playtime. This is an assassin's game, and I can't justify such a high price for this. O well, get it from you know where and pick it up when it hits the Steam sales.

@dinjo: Dinesh, we would love to hear some first-hand impressions if you've started the game! :)

Heard some issues regarding the visuals on the X360, is that true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reports incoming from people who have completed and they claim it's very short; 4 1/2 hours short. Although, if you're going with the "ghost" play-through with no kills, it should take you longer.

Reports incoming from people who have completed and they claim it's very short; 4 1/2 hours short. Although, if you're going with the "ghost" play-through with no kills, it should take you longer.

With no exploration too, me thinks.

Here is some food for thought (OR Rap for the final lap) --

Surprised no-one posted it here.

CVG gives it a 9.5! And many say that the 4 hours is probably a speedrun sorts. I am banking on that! Will take it real slow and steady. :D

EDIT: Daniel Licht is doing the sound composition!

LgMNI.jpg

Dishonored is shaping up to be a fantastic game, and based on our interview and numerous news posts, it was only about time that the reviews would be glowing as well. We have our first review for the game from CVG, who may have accidentally leaked the score before embargo date.
They have the game a glowing 9.5 score. The game is also quite meaty with a user from Bethesda forum taking almost 22 hours to beat the game in a non-lethal playthrough.

My ghost and no kills playthrough took 22 hours. That’s without exploring every nook and cranny, and knowing the solution to everything beforehand.

CVG’s video review was set to private for obvious reasons, but one thing is for certain, if they give this a 9.5, a lot of sites may do the same, which should be great news for Bethesda and Arkane Studios. Dishonored is a new IP and is scheduled to be released this October for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Back