Dishonored - Discussion Thread

I have disabled quoting and flagging so i dont receive anything when someone quotes or flags me :p

The story is as usually the title describes it well, somewhat like Witcher 2 where the protagonist is being blamed for killing of king and he is supposed to be prosecuted almost felt like i was playing Witcher 2 again.Graphics is not something i would want to talk about the textures are flat and rough cutscenes are not attactive either though the voice acting is superb and very well done.

Gameplay is absolutely fantastic , it gives you a sense of tremendous rush while you are playing its not like boring stealth since it allows you the option to go all out Arnold or like a Predator adds lot of variety.The way you execute your enemies is fantastic you can say its very highly improved version of Bioshock gameplay.There are several Optional tasks in the game but most of them are straightforward and boring.The powers are good which ppl would have already seen in several videos but i like being a rambo and rushing it through.

Plot is ok but stealth is meh difficult to execute but how you approach towards an objective is around what exciting the game gives atleast 3 options to execute them.
The Golden Cat mission :cheers:

The load time is pathetic and it requires to install the game but me
tongue.gif

Another thing is the game has ingame disc dlc locked I saw it one of the game files, the developers

Bioshock + Darkness 2 = Dishonored

BTW its 8 hours whoever completed in 4-6 hours rushed through

- - - Updated - - -

Reviews are up all positive

Oh boy, unanimously positive reviews all around! Metascores at 88 and 89%! :eek:hyeah:

:1ign26: Arkane Studios!

Difference in the visuals after applying SweetFX filter:

With SweetFX Filter

21220765.jpg

Without SweetFX Filter:

66383891.jpg

With SweetFX Filter:

43324222.jpg

Without SweetFX Filter:

65945707.jpg

I've been hearing that the graphics on PC are a drag
is it true?
Play it and find yourself out.For me i would reiterate my point i have seen games with better visuals.
I dont understand how ign said the game looks good on consoles too as the textures on the consoles are horribly low.It looks like a 2004 game.

Nowadays people make games with shitty textures and term it as "a new art style". And reviewers promptly hail it as the best thing since sliced bread. Or maybe they expect the community to make high res textures, especially after Black Mesa, Dark Souls etc.

Its published by bethesda, no wonder.

And I think the game looks better without the SweeTX filter, the dark/high contrast looks suit the game, my opinion might change when I see it in motion on a live screen though.

Back