Dishonored - Discussion Thread

Its published by bethesda, no wonder.

And I think the game looks better without the SweeTX filter, the dark/high contrast looks suit the game, my opinion might change when I see it in motion on a live screen though.

Coming soon to screens near you*.

* as fast as flipkart.com ships it. Graphical intensity is directly proportional to user inference (may contain washed out graphics). T & C Apply

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is the PC version priced at 2499?! Dishonored game | Game | Flipkart.com PC

Intencity has it for even higher - Rs.2799.

http://intencity.in/itemselect.do?titemCode=4250

Bethesda are either completely clueless or simply don't care about PC game pricing in India.

Consider this - Rage (PC), which is now more than a year old is listed at Flipkart as "Coming Soon".

Intencity doesnt have it in stock but lists it at Rs.2599!

2599 for a year old game?!

Even more absurd considering it was on Sale via Steam for $15 (even lower on other sites) some 4 months back.

AFAIK, Fallout 3 GOTYE and Fallout New Vegas PC retail have never been released in India ever.

With this sort of absurd pricing model and release strategy, its hardly surprising that Bethesda PC retail games don't sell well here.

Dishonored is a game I was looking forward to for a long time but certainly not at Rs.2500.

Will wait a while and buy it on sale on some DD service at some point since its a Steamworks title anyway....

I think 2012 should be called the Year of new Ip's
First sleeping dogs and then dishonored :D

but seriously if this game was retailing at 999rs i would have bought it in a heart beat

Also if you get the game from flipkart you get 300rs GV :D

@ALPHA17: Are you planning to do a 'ghost' play-through? If you are, then it's going to drain 20+ hours of your time. :D

Have you pre-ordered it?

Last edited by a moderator:
@ALPHA17: Are you planning to do a 'ghost' play-through? If you are, then it's going to drain 20+ hours of your time. :D

Have you pre-ordered it?

Yep, have pre-ordered it so will most prolly will do a small write-up on this. Because we have not got a lot feedback for PC on this thread.

This is my first FPS game for this year so I am all sussed up. I plan to play it ~3 -->4 times (I'm still on The Witcher 2 'hangover') so you can know what I have become.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, have pre-ordered it so will most prolly will do a small write-up on this. Because we have not got a lot feedback for PC on this thread.

This is my first FPS game for this year so I am all sussed up. I plan to play it ~3 -->4 times (I'm still on The Witcher 2 'hangover') so you can know what I have become.

LOL! Looks like you're really pumped about this title and rightly so, as it's beaming with positive reviews from all over the place. I wish could spend some time with it as well, but too consumed with Dark Souls at the moment. ;)

LOL! Looks like you're really pumped about this title and rightly so, as it's beaming with positive reviews from all over the place. I wish could spend some time with it as well, but too consumed with Dark Souls at the moment. ;)

Yeah I could not pick up Dark Souls, will have to get that from STEAM most prolly in next years Summer Sale.

I am pumped because I can see the possibilities are endless with this title, must be one of the first titles that allows an Assassin to behave like an Assassin / Spec Ops guy. Quite unlike all the first person shooters releasing (released) which seem to give you a rifle, a target = blow shit up.

I am pumped because I can see the possibilities are endless with this title, must be one of the first titles that allows an Assassin to behave like an Assassin / Spec Ops guy. Quite unlike all the first person shooters releasing (released) which seem to give you a rifle, a target = blow shit up.

They are indeed. The ability to complete a level without any kills is pretty much like how Metal Gear Solid's hardcore stealth fans would associate themselves with. Also, the art-work looks absolutely stunning. It almost looks like a mild preview of BioShock Infinite, which I'm eagerly anticipating for next year.

Started the title yesterday, completed the first chapter, progressed quite a bit on the second, paused it and I’m at loss for words! :hail:

It felt as if I was playing a mashup of Hitman, Thief, Bioshock, Assassin’s Creed and Deus Ex! Not the recent Human Revolutions but the first Deus Ex, just in case. The steampunk level designs based on the 19[SUP]th[/SUP] century London ridden with plague and chaos, hardware friendly UE 3.0, varied combat and gameplay, the subtle soundtracks courtesy Daniel Licht (think Dexter!) - it all felt very refreshing. It has been a while ever since I’ve sat for two hours at a stretch and looks like the game has got me engrossed, which is a good thing I guess. :p

I am sure most of you might know about the story by now but it isn’t much of a spoiler anyway. Enter Corvo Attano, the bodyguard of the Empress of Dunwall (and the protagonist as well) who is charged for regicide - a crime he did not commit (which explains the title) and the ‘assassin’ must now seek revenge against the corrupt Govt. officials and the conspirators who framed him for it and find the Empress’s missing daughter and the only heir to the throne – Emily, who is now kidnapped. He seeks support from a bunch of trusted allies who is referred to as the Loyalists, located in the pub which is a central location in the title. The allies supply Corvo with valuable information, mission objectives, gadgetry and all the required equipment to carry out his tasks.

Corvo is a master at stealth (think Agent 47 as his descendant) and combat - he is able to sneak past a bunch of guards unnoticed or can take them out in a completely non-lethal manner or completely eliminating all the threats or a mix of all the three, the option of which is left to the player but with a condition that the manner of playthrough shall affect the conclusion of the game referred to in the game’s progress as the chaos system. This has been mentioned explicitly in one of the tutorial sections and during the playthrough as well. Kill too many people and this shall spawn more rats ( and rats attack Corvo in packs!) and weepers, kill too many guards and NPCs leaving their corpses open and the remaining guards and patrols will be extra alert making the rest of the mission harder for Corvo. The system is somewhat similar to the morality system a la Mass Effect series. There are a few RPG elements thrown in as well such as loot, NPC interactions and side quests with rewards, character, ability and weapon enhancements etc. Corvo also has access to certain supernatural powers granted by the Outsider, a being who appears in a dream world aiding him in his tasks.

During my playthrough yesterday, I went the stealth way completely (I intend to do so for the rest of the game as well save for a few unavoidable kill sequences) and was able to finish the first chapter within an hour (which seems quite okay). But mind you this involves a lot of quick saves and quick loads because there are several ways in which an objective could be met or a particular section can be cleared. At one point, I quickly took down a bunch of guys guarding a sewer and then realized I could have simply sneaked past them without alerting them! And then I thought I could at least loot these guys for coin but not kill them and reloaded the checkpoint once again. Another instance was when a bunch of guards where knocking at a NPC’s door when I was inside the house – there are several options possible here. Neutralize the threat completely by facing them upfront and dumping their corpses in the backyard or use Corvo’s teleporting ability to quickly transport him outside the house, sneak past behind the guard and silently take them (not kill them!) down one by one or simply open the door and let the NPC spawn some rats to attack them which will however not complete the objective thus negating the rewards of the quest. If completed successfully, the NPC would reward Corvo and initiate another side quest!

So look at it this way, the game is more or less like Deus Ex set in a Bioshock’ish steampunk world with Agent 47 playing the lead character who is stealthy as Garrett but agile as Ezio at the same time. Looking forward for the weekend! :)

Did you mean sweetfx colour filter? Because thats the one i applied and to be honest the colours are too deep.

It's a complete suite for SweetFX, which includes a lot of visuals tweaks. I didn't try it with this game yet, but for Dark Souls, the stock settings seem to be perfect. You could reduce the colours from your Catalyst control center.

The game looks incredibly amazing even without any fx filters !

Completely agree with that. I've applied no tweaks and with the stock settings and the hardware I have, I was able to max it out with FXAA, FOV 100 at 1920 x 1200. It was giving some 100 odd FPS with the v-sync turned off. But there seems to be that sudden occasional drop at times. Very rarely though.

Completed chapter 2 and 3 yesterday. Now that Corvo has gained the power to turn the unaware enemy to ashes, I’ve stopped strangling them and making them unconscious. :p

This way, the overall chaos level remains low and Corvo need not get close to the enemy to neutralize them. Sneaking however remains a priority and this takes up most of the time. Have to scout an area first before making any decision and there are a number of ways to complete the objectives.

i dunno which chapter i am on.. i reckon 3. i know i am not supposed to kill anyone, but damn, just coming from borderlands 2 , i just cannot resist :rofl:

Back