DIY Tools

Well, this may be almost on the edge of technology, but I did want to share one of my more 'mechanical' projects that I worked on during the lockdown. I'm pretty sure folks who are into DIY stuff will like something like this.
I'm a big fan of pegboard mounted tools rack as seen in many western countries. I tried my hand with something more basic, like a wood board that act as a shadow board for mounting tools.

It also houses my major power tools:

1. Drill (Bosch GSB 500RE)
2. Angle Grinder (Bosch GWS600)
3. Jigsaw (Black & Decker KS900EX)
4. Rotary Tool (Dremel 4000)

Here is the time lapse of building this tools station.

Can you kindly let me know names of this 4 tools and if possible there prices please ?
Check attachment.

Attachments

• ask question.jpeg
    ask question.jpeg
    428.8 KB · Views: 190
Can you kindly let me know names of this 4 tools and if possible there prices please ?
Check attachment.

Hi, there are only 3 tools actually, the second from top are the spare cutting wheels for the grinder and additional handle for the grinder as well.
From top to bottom:

1. Drill (Bosch GSB 500RE) - Amazon (3.6k)
2. Angle Grinder (Bosch GWS600) - Amazon (2k)
3. Jigsaw (Black & Decker KS900EX) - Amazon (3.9k)

Best thread ever...

Is there any website or forum for DIYers carpenters painters Mason etc.. to discuss their work problem etc..

Just like tech forum ..
Post automatically merged:

You black and decker, Stanley, DeWalt are same company..

DeWalt being the top end

Best thread ever...

Is there any website or forum for DIYers carpenters painters Mason etc.. to discuss their work problem etc..

Just like tech forum ..
Post automatically merged:

You black and decker, Stanley, DeWalt are same company..

DeWalt being the top end
There is one I am a part of but it is not an Indian forum - https://forum.toolsinaction.com/.
The DIY section on TeamBHP is another place where one can discuss such things.

instructables.com has an excellent community section. Probably the best. But its about to be disabled because of low activity. :(
reddit has diy sections, but they are too uptight for the regular guy.
google for popular diy forums. Pick any. These are not India specific.. is not an issue generally speaking.

Does anyone know where one can buy a scroll saw? Flipkart had a Dremel/Bosch for 7k but it's no longer available.
Also where can I get the inside material for a B&D RTX rotary tool? Mine short circuit. :|

Does anyone know where one can buy a scroll saw? Flipkart had a Dremel/Bosch for 7k but it's no longer available.
Also where can I get the inside material for a B&D RTX rotary tool? Mine short circuit. :|
What has failed in RTX - board? not sure you will find the exact board! its better to replace the unit or you have to debug at component level

you can try machpowertools.com ... have used them to buy some tools, they are good.

Moglix is also good for buying tools. Saw them sourcing tools from the same wholesale market in Delhi from where I buy tools from. Have had mixed experience with industrybuying.com as well. They always delivered the stuff and even took returns when product was faulty or 'not as described' but it was somewhat of a chore to get in touch with them unlike other sites.

What has failed in RTX - board? not sure you will find the exact board! its better to replace the unit or you have to debug at component level
I cannot diagnose the problem. There was a spark from the inside and a bad smell. Hasn't worked ever since. I contacted B&D who told me they can ship the part for free but only to a US address.

I cannot diagnose the problem. There was a spark from the inside and a bad smell. Hasn't worked ever since. I contacted B&D who told me they can ship the part for free but only to a US address.
What?
Did you get in touch with B&D US by mistake. For any repair you will probably have to go to a local B&D repair centre. That's what I had to do to get my Bosch sander repaired when it had shorted like yours' probably has. In your case, it might probably be just the carbon brushes needing change.

Even i believe it could be a simple carbon brush issue as OP said, just open & check. Dremel brushes are easily available, if its compatible in size, choose the one with similar current rating & you can give a try !!

Wow...love having a thread like this here. Spent a lot of cash on various tools, most of which dont have much use anymore, inlcuding a B&D rotary tool which I got shipped from the US, many years ago.

Wow...love having a thread like this here. Spent a lot of cash on various tools, most of which dont have much use anymore, inlcuding a B&D rotary tool which I got shipped from the US, many years ago.

Sell some here, many like me would be interested in some DIY tools ;)

Back