Documentaries worth Watching ?

DigitalDude said:
on drugs,

'How weed won the west',

'In pot we trust',

'What If Cannabis Cured Cancer',

National Geographic series on 'Drugs Inc' (this is also about addiction, trafficing, smuggling etc)

Im looking for more of something on the effects of various drugs, in a very unbiased manner.

I had this India today article some 8 years back on Krishna wadh does anyone knows any documentary for it or anything related

Mephistopheles said:
Im looking for more of something on the effects of various drugs, in a very unbiased manner.

you mean more technically inclined ? if not, I think the first 3 do a good job then.

dinjo said:
I had this India today article some 8 years back on Krishna wadh does anyone knows any documentary for it or anything related

can you elaborate ?

_

DigitalDude said:
can you elaborate ?

I dont remember much but the article explained how Krishna Died after 282 Years it also explains last few years before death.

dinjo said:
I dont remember much but the article explained how Krishna Died after 282 Years it also explains last few years before death.

I will try to search for that. I have read articles on astronomical calculations that time those events (125 years is what many deduce) and on all gitas after the bhagavad gita but I dont remember any documentary that details this.

there are recently two documentaries on this that are worth watching Krishna : History or Myth - I - YouTube and about dwaraka underwater excavations 'Graham Hancock - Underworld: Flooded Kingdoms Of The Ice Age' Dwarka, India - 12,000 Year Old City of Lord Krishna Found - *Full* - YouTube

some of these info also appear in 'Ancient Aliens' series of History channel and two youtube channels called 'Forbidden Archeaology' and 'MahabharataWar'

_

sunny27 said:
Secret Pakistan (2 part BBC Series - The west discovers how they've been fooled by Pakistan - Part 2 airs today on BBC)

Saw this yesterday, so The West finally discovers what most of the indians know since decades :lol:

Is there any good documentary on North Korea ??

Only after their leader's death, i came to know it is a highly secretive country, so was curious to know more.

Series:

1. Connections - BBC (used to watch on DD when I was a kid). Very interesting set.

2. Cosmos - Carl Sagan - but he shows his racist bias when it comes to Indian math - he says in the episode (Idon't remember which) "the ancient Hindus got it right (about the age of the universe) but it was purely a coincidence of course!"

3. Ancient Aliens - already mentioned by a few people - absolutely brilliant!

4. Planet Earth - BBC

5. Life - BBC

6. Test you Brain - NatGeo

7. Great Migrations - NatGeo

8. The Story of Maths - BBC - the only one where I saw this scientist actually going around India, and explaining what he taught was European was actually discovered hundreds of years earlier by Hindu mathematicians - very rare admission!

9. The Cell - BBC

10. The Atom - BBC

We can go on..

Don't miss this gem: The Inside Job (on the financial crisis - won an Oscar!) - this is not a series !

Did you know that 60,000 plastic bags are used for every 5 seconds, 2 million plastic bottles are used every 5 minutes,this figure is for US alone. There are more astonishing figures regarding plastics and its effect on our environement.

Watch Bag It 10/10. Mark it as another must watch documentary. 

BBC - The story of India
<

BBC Documentary - The Planets

BBC Wonders of the Universe

China's Mega Dam

Discovery Channel 100 Greatest Discoveries Physics

Discovery.Channel.2012.Apocalypse

Discovery channel track me if you can

Discovery Channel Two Weeks in Hell

Discovery Channel Ultimate Journeys New Zealand

Generation Zero

Iconoclast