Driver: San Francisco - Discussion Thread

Aakash said:
Yeah u were right dinjo , its really a fun. just finished it,the end jerico chase missions are really good, also the racing missions and protecting the armored van...The shifing is very nice innovation from the developers...If u go by Realism, then Crysis, Assassins Creed ,Prince of Persia,,,all these games would be rated 1/10....Games are ment to be unrealistic..If one dies in on shot, or one bullet.And u could not jump high or do stuff in these games then whats the fun in that.....

I must say that this game has good fun part...

how good does it fare compared to burnout paradise and nfs hot pursuit

Those games are not on this league of driver San fransico

Aakash - I hardly recommend a game to anyone (my standards are high ;-) but this is one the fun recommended title of the year

Driver SF has little elements of Driver/Driver2 (PS1), but it isn't as legendary as its prequels. That said, the game is actually very good. I play most driving games but I stick to them only if I find them really interesting. This one surely had me glued.

Here are my first impressions (after playing it for total 6hrs over 3 days):

Graphics: 5/10 (Sep2011 release having inferior graphics to RaceDriver Grid?)

Controls: 5/10 (Won't recognise a generic gamepad, really annoying for me as my keyboard cannot take 4-keypresses at a time)

Physics: 8/10

Story: 9/10

Innovation: 10/10

AI smartness: 10/10

Total score: 7.8/10

v.Na5h said:
how good does it fare compared to burnout paradise and nfs hot pursuit

IMO:

NFS Hot Pursuit (one of the best racing+chasing games) >> DriverSF (good mission-driving games like this are very rare nowadays) >> Burnout paradise (repeating the same formula 5 times takes this game down)

Would I recommend playing DriverSF? Yes, must try. Though if you do too many side-missions, you may start to lose interest (unless you love free-roam).

Just two hours into the game right now. Man i love this game. One of the few NEW games that i could play on my CFW. Just got it today from somewhere that i cant mention. Awesome gameplay this game has. NFS sucks in front of this man. I am loving the shift experience. Just feel like playing it more :D Will update when finished ^__^

rajveersingh09 said:
Just two hours into the game right now. Man i love this game. One of the few NEW games that i could play on my CFW. Just got it today from somewhere that i cant mention. Awesome gameplay this game has. NFS sucks in front of this man. I am loving the shift experience. Just feel like playing it more :D Will update when finished ^__^

Yep. One of the last games that run on CFW 3.55

OT - Was replying to your PM, but your inbox is full :p

Just finished the game. Took me around 10-12Hours max. Small game but pretty awesome. Loved the shift mechanism and graphics were good too. one of the best fun games i played till now. Races got a pretty frustrating at times but then did not find anything monotonous it was all connected with the story line. All in all 8/10 ! :D

Back