eBay India Hot Deals and Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.
vercetti said:
Ok...checked all my ebay accounts:)
I got just one 150 off on minimum amount of 200:(..

Anyone wants to exchange with 25% off?

25% off coupon is available on retailmenot. If ur not using the 150 coupon, can i have it plz? I need to buy blank dvds.

dOm1naTOr said:
^^
If you divide the price in half, and make it two listing, then too the % of discount is still 20%, but the limit is doubled :D, ie 2k.

the 25% coupon is best suited for products priced around 3k. You can save 750/- bucks, which is 250/- more than the ICICI 20% coupon on same product.

Have u done that before? Do sellers usually agree to do that with high value products?

And I got a query:-

How does eBay counter this:
Person A lists a product for 5k. Person B who is A's friend buys it with coupon for 4k. A never ships it. B clicks item received. A gets (5k - taxes) > 4k. A & B enjoy the profit?

MenTaLLyMenTaL said:
Person A lists a product for 5k. Person B who is A's friend buys it with coupon for 4k. A never ships it. B clicks item received. A gets (5k - taxes) > 4k. A & B enjoy the profit?

I have thought of doing that many times. But never actually did it. :p

MenTaLLyMenTaL said:

I guess ur name is really apt for the attitude you show. I mean Ebay coupons is a good thing going on for us but then more often than not ppl like you come in and ruin in for all of us. 90% chance is there that you wont be caught but imagine if Ebay finds out.I mean you do know that this would be criminal offense and if caught you will be prosecuted. They would stop the coupons all togther cause someone was too lazy to earn money the hard way.

There are people who have tried this and have got caught too bty. One such case is here in TE itself.

MenTaLLyMenTaL said:

Ebay counters this by suspending both A & B's account and your money gets stuck. Even though ebay's system has loopholes, don't underestimate and try to fool the system. They do have mechanism to check and detect this kind of fraud, you might get away once but not twice.

MenTaLLyMenTaL said:

Well that can be done provided u actually ship out something at least a piece of paper with some tracking no(speed post will also do).You need to enter tracking no into ebay because ebay tracks all packages.The package should not be confirmed untill the paper reaches its destination and gets updated in the courier website.

apextwin146 said:
I guess ur name is really apt for the attitude you show. I mean Ebay coupons is a good thing going on for us but then more often than not ppl like you come in and ruin in for all of us. 90% chance is there that you wont be caught but imagine if Ebay finds out.I mean you do know that this would be criminal offense and if caught you will be prosecuted. They would stop the coupons all togther cause someone was too lazy to earn money the hard way.

There are people who have tried this and have got caught too bty. One such case is here in TE itself.

lol, chill yaar, don't put me in the criminal list directly, I'm not gonna do it. It was just a thought that came to my mind. Its such an obvious flaw, so I wanted to have ur opinion on what ebay does to prevent it. With proper shipping details etc. like metalspree said, it is even more difficult if not impossible to detect abuse.

And speaking of criminal offense, how do u justify using more than 1 accounts for collecting coupons? I believe ebay does not allow more than 1 account per person.

PS: Btw, my name has a higher meaning.

I just got a Your payment is being processed on one of the DOW items. What happens here! It says Customer Care will try to contact me, but then the account is fake.

vercetti said:
Same here yaar...I ordered a HDD today and my order is in processing stage. This has never happened before and My orders are instatly approved:(

Curious. Did your order go through? And was it by any chance from a fake account :D

@ajab.ghajab
"payment being processed" issue was faced by me too (in my wife's ebay account) and I had posted about it. Finally it was processed 15 days later after several mails and one call from them, but they didn't intimate the seller or buyer. But after informing the seller, the item was promptly shipped and received. (Jopasu Car Duster)

^ Thanks. But 15 days is really long! I hope I will not have to go through this crap. Another question - was it a high value transaction? I am just trying to understand if this 'processing' is to handle credit card fraud

ajab.ghajab said:
^ Thanks. But 15 days is really long! I hope I will not have to go through this crap. Another question - was it a high value transaction? I am just trying to understand if this 'processing' is to handle credit card fraud

No, the cost was only about Rs.550/- including shipping but Rs. 150 coupon was used

janitha said:
No, the cost was only about Rs.550/- including shipping but Rs. 150 coupon was used

If Credit Card is involved then it takes a longer time for processing but if online bank transfer is involved then processing is instantly (mostly) or in 2-3 days max...

Also it depends on the value of transaction as well... higher value = longer time to process but lower value = less time... I've stopped using Credit Card on eBay 'coz then many times they start asking for proof even though I use VCC on eBay. With online transfer its usually instant & I do not have to submit any proof (money is auto debited already).

Also it keeps my urges of excessive shopping at bay since I know money is gone the moment I press pay.. :ashamed:

HailStonE said:
If Credit Card is involved then it takes a longer time for processing but if online bank transfer is involved then processing is instantly (mostly) or in 2-3 days max...

Also it depends on the value of transaction as well... higher value = longer time to process but lower value = less time... I've stopped using Credit Card on eBay 'coz then many times they start asking for proof even though I use VCC on eBay. With online transfer its usually instant & I do not have to submit any proof (money is auto debited already).

Also it keeps my urges of excessive shopping at bay since I know money is gone the moment I press pay.. :ashamed:

Don't have any credit card! Always use online transfer and it used to be instantaneous IIRC. Yes, let it limit our excessive shopping!;)

Ebay and ICICI Bank 20% discount Offer has expired :(

Earlier it was till 31st May 2010, but it is/was till 30th April 2010

xdrs07.jpg

10dfkpf.jpg

^Really sad. I was busy in saving money for buying a mobile at 20% discount since the last date is 31st May. Strangely eBay changed it into 30th April. :ashamed: Have to ask the Standard Charted account holders for the help now:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back