Encounter with Noobs !!!!

lol how did you hunt down the source image, searched for rigs with 560Ti's ?
Anyways it might have been satisfying to finally pwn him in public.
I don't understand why people lie like that though

Ever heard of google image search. :p hehe
I told him not to lie. If you don't own such a system simply accept it. And ya finally!

And I thought only avi and being.smart opened such threads. Anyway let this guy rant Al, says he earns ~10,00,000/- a day and plays on a laptop with HD 6570M graphics.

And why is Auntie-jee so considered about our over-clocking Guru's antics?

just for reference being.smart really is a experienced businessman, I can say it because I know him personally.. but yeah if he could improve his posting abilities in forums and respects the community and advises, everyone else would've believed him.

Running a Computer Sales & Services I've come across many funny incidents. l'm just sharing you one: A noobs called me up in the middle of the night to guide him to uninstall a program he has just installed. He asked how to do it. Fortunately I had installed CC cleaner on his computer, so I suggested him him to go to Desktop and "Right Click" at the Recycle Bin and click 'open CCleaner'. He did so, I told him to click at Tools then click Uninstall. Followed by I told him to choose the program he wanted to uninstall. Then I told him to click uninstall, that's all. So I hanged out the phone.

He called me back just to ask me: "Achha meine uninstall click kar diya, abhi nikla hai- Do you really want to uninstall this program? yaha par Yes aur No dounu hai....Koun sa click karna hai" Lol.....

We have engineers on contract basis who do the L1 desktop level calls for the peeps in our office.
Now these ppl use VNC or the desktop sharing of Lync to do installations and troubleshooting.
So this one engineer get a request to install Visual Studio. He calls the requester, accesses his machine using VNC. Then he realizes that he does not know where the installable for VS 2010 is kept:| So he asks his team mate and then he starts the installation. Now the installation is in progress. Keep in mind that VS 2010 takes like an hour to install. After like 20 mins the requester calls this guy again..

Req: Wassup man, what happened.
Engg: ??!!!????!!!???
Req: Why are you not installing VS 2010 on my machine ?
Engg: WTF !!!!?????? I am installing VS 2010 on your machine.
Req: Where, I cannot see anything..
Engg: *thinking* Is this guy blind or something.. there is such a huge installation window.
Engg: Hold on..

At this point the Engg minimizes the VNC window on his machine. However the VS 2010 installation window stays there. Turns out instead of installing VS 2010 on the requester machine he started installing it on his own machine !!!!

We rest of the ppl were ROFLMAO all over the place.

Gonna quote this from good old tech support days (corporate tech support)

There was this guy called XYZ who calls in to say that the "F" key on his laptop keyboard doesnt work, and its very imperative for him to use it as he is travelling doesnt have access to USB keyboard and it was critical for him to use his laptop as hes at a client site for presentation, i had to ask him to try couple of troubleshooting steps and i offered a callback next day

when i called him he didnt answer the call and hence i get the below mail from him after 1 hr

Dear Ryanrulez4ever

By the time you called me, my shit was over and i was travelling to hotel, please call me tomorrow between 9AM till 6PM that is my shit time, hope your shit time is the same.

Regards
XYZ

The shit is supposed to be shift (F key doesnt work remember?)

Another instance from old indian tech support days (consumer)

Technician : Thank you for calling xyz my name is ryanrulez4ever how may i help you today ?
Customer : Sir itne dino se hil raha tha aaj toothke haath main aagaya
Technician : Kya aagaya sir ?
Customer : D aur L Key
Technician : phew !!!

This has happened with me few times, and with my friend too.

1. Was thinking of calling a friend , so I opened the contact list and pushed the call button without even seeing I held the phone towards the ear, after few minutes of waiting i noticed there is no dial tone :p I saw again and noticed the shit phone has multiple number saved and asking me to choose one of them :lol:

2. Me and my friend was in the lift , we got inside and waited . for few minutes I thought how could it be so silent there is no shaking until we noticed that we haven't even pressed the button :ashamed:

Another instant happened with me and my friend, I was on the fifth floor and lift was coming from some higher floor, so I pressed the down arrow key since I wanted to go to the ground floor. The lift opened and a lady came out, she thought she was on the right floor and moved away. Just before the lift got closed completely she rushed inside and screamed "haye mujhe kaha le jaa rahe ho" , my friend tried to hold back but I couldn't and laughed like mad. Soon everyone was laughing out loud inside the lift.

Back