Encounter with Noobs !!!!

One more incident,
Once my friend came to me for help to upgrade his computer. I asked him the current configuration ,, here is wat he said !!
- Intel
- 250 GB RAM !!:bleh:
- 2GB hard disk
- And zebroinic branded computer ( it was suppose to be a cabinet brand !!)

I was like wtf 250GB RAM ??:unsure:

one of my friend was bothering me on how he can play a movie on his LCD panel, i was playing a game and not paying attention to him, so i told him to ask my other roommate for the answer, he went to him and asked the same question.

the answer he got was "go to file, right click on it and then select 'open with LCD' "
i left the game and fall off my chair laughing :evilgrin39::evilgrin39::evilgrin39::rofl::rofl::rofl:

A female employee in the company I work at puts a request in...

MY computer currently has 40GB memory, want to increase it to 80GB :facepalm:

Games will look like a slideshow if they run at less than 120fps, also the only thing that matters in a GPU is its memory, which is directly proportional to the framerate.

Also, "You wasted too much money buying a 17R SE at 80k with just 2GB video memory and a dual core, you can get a graphics card and a dual core in a smaller laptop for much less"

Yet another quote: "Inspirons arent made for gaming, whatever be the configuration. They should only be used for web browsing. For gaming buy a XPS or Alienware. They look like gaming laptops and you can play games on them"

I have half a dozen more quotes like this, thanks to me ordering the laptop with my office address so a lot of people saw what I had bought

I get very frustrated when my so called friends tell me "why do you play video game still?". I get super pissed... I'm not spending money like you on girls, hookah or drugs so why judge me? Fcuk off!

I do all the things you said, plus video games. Why choose when you can have them all? :D They're not mutually exclusive, just different activities.

- - - Updated - - -

A female employee in the company I work at puts a request in...

MY computer currently has 40GB memory, want to increase it to 80GB :facepalm:

What's wrong with that?

Had a friend who always used to bug me abut how great is NFS MW and that I should atleast try it. I told him that I wasn't into racing games, but he insisted finally I gave in.

THEN he asks me to switch on my phone's bluetooth, I said WTH for?
He says so he can transfer the game.. I was :lol: in my mind decided to play along.
He sends me a 2kb RAR and that it? He says this is it.
I asked him how did he manage to fit in the entire game into 2kb RAR.
He says he spent several hours to compress successively the game. He went on like this --> RAR ke RAR ke RAR ke ... ka RAR. Badi mehnat se banaya hai.

... I opened the file on my self itself only to find out it was only a shortcut :lol: :lol:.

Memory = RAM
really?
Computer memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In computing, memory refers to the physical devices used to store programs (sequences of instructions) or data (e.g. program state information) on a temporary or permanent basis for use in a computer or other digital electronic device. The term primary memory is used for the information in physical systems which are fast (i.e. RAM), as a distinction from secondary memory, which are physical devices for program and data storage which are slow to access but offer higher memory capacity. Primary memory stored on secondary memory is called "virtual memory".

looks like djkymey's friend would now be narrating the incident to her friends.

Even though I know it's a myth, it's an addiction I can't seem to let go of. :p
It helps in one way , you know your computer is performing slightly better when the refresh goes on faster :p .

This is one incident which happened to me in 6th standard , i knew about games like dave , commandoes etc and was pretty aware of the games released during that time (not all) . One fine day my friend comes and tells me titanic game has released with a A rating , he says i got the game and i managed to reach the stage where i have to draw the image of the actress :|
I still dont know whether he was bluffing or actually there is something like that :p.

Haha that happens quite often with me. My close friends, colleagues and relatives know how much I love gaming so they don't have a problem with that. But there are a select few who keep asking me that same question every now and then, "Do you still play video games? :scared14: Only kids play games."

Right!

Tell then to clear Botnicula or Trine . I bet that will change their thinking.

Or any hot shot RPG with immense play time.

@fLUX OT : It's really too bad stealth strategy games like Commandos and Desperado just don't release anymore. I really loved those games. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like djkymey's friend would now be narrating the incident to her friends.

She was not my friend, just a female working on the co.

When it comes to computers (atleast in my head) memory = RAM and HDD = well... HDD.
(Just pointing out the terminology me and the rest of the ppl at my office (or maybe world too) use)

Back