Encounter with Noobs !!!!

Friend was supposed to return floppy disk to his classmate in good ol' days.

Asked him to fill the floppy with wallpapers of bollywood actors.

Friend hands it over and his classmate friends slides the cover and looks thru the magnetic disk with Sun in the background.

Friend: Ye Kya kar raha hai..?

Classmate: Yaar trying to see the negatives of what u got me in here.

iGo said:
LOL... this thread just rocks...

Also, everytime I read the title... I read it something else in the first glance... :p
^ stud! you must be thinking of your encounters with -oobs if you get such thoughts :p

iGo said:
Also, everytime I read the title... I read it something else in the first glance... :p

:bleh:
Spacescreamer said:
Friend was supposed to return floppy disk to his classmate in good ol' days.

Asked him to fill the floppy with wallpapers of bollywood actors.

Friend hands it over and his classmate friends slides the cover and looks thru the magnetic disk with Sun in the background.

Friend: Ye Kya kar raha hai..?

Classmate: Yaar trying to see the negatives of what u got me in here.

Epic! >.<

I was testing an web based application. Most PCs on in our company had IE6. Some of the PCs(including mine) were upgraded to IE7. The application was giving probs on IE7 but was working fine on IE6. So i ping the developer and told him the problem, he says there is no problem on his PC. I said it is occuring in IE7 so try checking on IE7 somewhere nearby.

He said how will i identify IE7? (I dont know whether he was joking or avoiding work). I contacted another developer then.

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
Many such cases hppen with me.

I told one of my friend that I got a new gaming pc with an 8800gt 512mb and told him that the card costs 14k and he "said arrey maine toh 512mb ka card 3k mein liya,tere koh toh dealer ne loot liya"

I tried to explain him about the difference but he would not listen.

Lol same incident happened to me wen i told a frnd of mine that i bought radeon 4870 512mb for 6k,s frm a member of some forum . he told me that he bought his new 1GB card (8600gt) for 4k,s matter of fact he was trying to prove that his 8600gt is better as its 1gb...rofl ...:D

I went to my friend's place, and her laptop suddenly crashed, and was not responding to anything.
I turned it around and was going to remove the battery and then she started:-

Her -- Errr? Kya kar rahe ho?(What are you doing?)
Me -- I'm removing battery and will try to boot it again.
Her -- Don't open that virus chamber again!!!!
Me -- Kya?!? o_O
Her -- See, whenever you open the battery, your laptop is prone to get viruses.
Me -- :S
Her -- Basic knowledge! ;) When you open the battery viruses can come in the system.
Me -- Come from where?
Her -- Teh air.
Me -- Faint :death:

Same thing used to happened with me in earlier days..

People used to say - dont buy assembled PC.. they are too much prone to viruses...

coz they are manually setup by people...

ashvarybabul said:
Same thing used to happened with me in earlier days..

People used to say - dont buy assembled PC.. they are too much prone to viruses...

coz they are manually setup by people...
These ppl should seriously burn their computers and then jump off a building.... (Still in the Top Gear spirit :bleh: )

this one dumb friend of mine wanted to play ps2 games on pc
so i went to his home to help him download emulators
he downloaded is (it was a rar file) he did not have winrar installed
he tried to open it it didn't so he tried using other programs to open it LOL
and then after trying many times he renamed the rar file to exe and tried opening it :p

other incident involving the same friend we were talking windows and s he said that win98 cannot be installed coz it comes with some chip embedded in the pc
i was like wat a bs:ashamed:

Few dumb things I remember with my friends:-

1) Each and every Mp3 player is an iPod.

2) Flashing their China mobile phones as high end gadgets. :lol:

3) No, you can't "download" a CD if you don't have Nero!?!

4) Yes, GTA:IV will run on my P4!!!! E-mail me teh game!

5) And :p :-

1) Each and every Mp3 player is an iPod.
2) Flashing their China mobile phones as high end gadgets

Very very true
e.g. Aaj Ekta Sonyr Ipod kinlam (bought a Sony iPOD today)

Also makes me wonder how strong market presence Apple has

Also plenty of them Will call their E-mails as "Websites' :)

now the this n00b was an SCJP certified CTS techie

i was in a cyber cafe,he comes in

T:eek:pen goggles

Me : but I am only wearing Specs

T: uh-Uh not that...the Website

Me:eek:h u mean google?

T:yeah whatever

me : :mad:
Some other random n00b advised me sometime

"janis ekta darun website peyechi...ja chaibi search kore bar kore debe...Check koris...Jugal (Google!!).com"

means "Dude got an awesome site...it will search whatever u want to...just check...Jugal (Google!!).com"

A friend narrated this to me.. i ll try my best to put it as mch as i remember. Query might not be the same but conveys the idea.

His friend was in a call center and got a call to troubleshoot something from USA.

Friend: Hello Sir

Customer: Yea Hi

Friend: What seems to be the problem sir

Customer: Cant seem to make my printer work

Friend: Have you installed the drivers?

Customer: What's that?

Friend: Sir they are essential for the printer. You have the cd which came with the Printer ?

Customer: Yea i got it.

Friend: Sir insert that into the System

Customer: Now how do i do that ?

Friend: Sir open up the cd tray and put the cd in it.

Customer: Where is this cd tray ?

Friend: Sir it should be the first thing in the CPU. Press the button and it shd slide out.

Customer: Ohh U MEAN THE COFFEE HOLDER ??

Spacescreamer said:
A friend narrated this to me.. i ll try my best to put it as mch as i remember. Query might not be the same but conveys the idea.

His friend was in a call center and got a call to troubleshoot something from USA.

Friend: Hello Sir

Customer: Yea Hi

Friend: What seems to be the problem sir

Customer: Cant seem to make my printer work

Friend: Have you installed the drivers?

Customer: What's that?

Friend: Sir they are essential for the printer. You have the cd which came with the Printer ?

Customer: Yea i got it.

Friend: Sir insert that into the System

Customer: Now how do i do that ?

Friend: Sir open up the cd tray and put the cd in it.

Customer: Where is this cd tray ?

Friend: Sir it should be the first thing in the CPU. Press the button and it shd slide out.

Customer: Ohh U MEAN THE COFFEE HOLDER ??
Na na... this is a joke I read on a website :bleh:

Latest Incident

One of my friend(girl) wanted to install windows 7 on her pc.

She:Hey I want to install windows 7 on my pc

Me: Okay, I will give you the dvd.

She:Listen also give me format ka cd,i need to format my hard disk too.

Me::lol:

a dude i know has 8tb of hdd space and he tells me he doesnt want to buy my hdds because they are 16x, instead he will buy 64x speed hdds

some people are just gonna spend 2x the amount because they dunno that 16mb cache hdds are atmost 1-2% slower than a 64mb cache one believing hdds are like dvds-4x/16x etc

I have an old P4 pc with an intel board and 512 MB RAM which i have kept as a back up, so as when my primary pc goes kaput i can atleast browse internet on it..Now one of my Colleague in my office was intesrested to buy it..Came home and took it to his home to test it..Next day comes to office and says

friend :- tere pc mey problem hai
me :- kya problem hai
friend :- teri RAM mey virus hai
me:-:S Ram mey kabhi virus nahi hota
friend :- hota hai bhai tujhe nahi pata
me :- :mad: ram mey virus nahi hota try to understand
friend :- maine hardware ka course kia hua hai , mujhe pata hai ram mey virus hota hai isliye tera pc nahi chal raha
me :- :bangin: bhai aisa nahi hota hai
friend :- maine windows 98 dali hui hai aur usse bhi nahi nikla itna ganda virus hai teri ram mey
me :- i was like :chair::chair::chair::chair:

and this incident happened a couple of months ago and he is still on windows 98 :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back