Encounter with Noobs !!!!

djmykey said:
Oh wait I forgot...
I am chatting with a user over OCS. Now OCS has a feature of sharing the desktop.. So I have to see his screen and I say, can you please share your desktop..
User replies within a second... but how can I share my desktop... I have a laptop :facepalm:

Haha! EPIC!

Aces170 said:
Actually in my organization, I got reprimanded for doing basic IT stuff by myself. So now I just act like a noob and call IT for simple reasons :p

Company has a very strict non-admin usage on comps, so I just use the admin log in and install any apps (even firefox, chrome is not allowed, imagine working 10 hrs on IE 7 :O). And yep the admin password, is those very basic guess work password which a couple of us guessed :) So now every time some IT guy finds out non authorized software on my comp. I just look dumb and say it must be some virus, you should see those guy's faces cursing a noob like me

Yep, even in big corporate companies, the behavior is the same. BTW, what was the password? ;)

My email blunder :

It was before the recession hit the market. I was just out of 6 months long Infy training. Those days it was common practice/trend with people leaving the company to send a 'hate' mail to either to project/team/acquaintance or to organization leader/biggies. And one such mail ended up in my mailbox - forwarded by many. It's original recipient were all those big names everyone hear connected to Infy. For us it was hilarious. A awesome forward-able material. So did I. To two of my friends in IBM and Satyam(erstwhile).

But before hitting send in Outlook, I wanted to see the employee id of one of the big bosses*. For that easier way was putting the email id in cc field -> ctrl + k -> double click to view his details.

And before hitting send I forgot to delete his email from the cc field....and I was completely unaware of it.

After 5 mins I got a mail "<mathrisk> .. what is this?" - CCed to my friends, my original recipients.

And this was the time I literally saw stars in front of eyes. Air bursting out of my ears. damn....OMG what have I done.

The most I could do was sent a apology mail - and after the apology got a small lesson (more like that sorry shaktiman thing)....and since recession was still 5/6 months away, I was allowed to keep my job. :)

ps: * HE was the highest paid employee in Sysofni. 2.68 crore pa before recession. (annual report have the salary of guys drawing more than 2 lacs pm)

pps: my frnd in IBM called after half an hour and other called in the evening - just to know if I still have my job. LOL.

mathrisk said:
My email blunder :

It was before the recession hit the market. I was just out of 6 months long Infy training. Those days it was common practice/trend with people leaving the company to send a 'hate' mail to either to project/team/acquaintance or to organization leader/biggies. And one such mail ended up in my mailbox - forwarded by many. It's original recipient were all those big names everyone hear connected to Infy. For us it was hilarious. A awesome forward-able material. So did I. To two of my friends in IBM and Satyam(erstwhile).

But before hitting send in Outlook, I wanted to see the employee id of one of the big bosses*. For that easier way was putting the email id in cc field -> ctrl + k -> double click to view his details.

And before hitting send I forgot to delete his email from the cc field....and I was completely unaware of it.

After 5 mins I got a mail "<mathrisk> .. what is this?" - CCed to my friends, my original recipients.

And this was the time I literally saw stars in front of eyes. Air bursting out of my ears. damn....OMG what have I done.

The most I could do was sent a apology mail - and after the apology got a small lesson (more like that sorry shaktiman thing)....and since recession was still 5/6 months away, I was allowed to keep my job. :)

ps: * HE was the highest paid employee in Sysofni. 2.68 crore pa before recession. (annual report have the salary of guys drawing more than 2 lacs pm)

pps: my frnd in IBM called after half an hour and other called in the evening - just to know if I still have my job. LOL.

Very Lucky guy . Very lucky indeed !

mathrisk said:
My email blunder :

Once wrote an official mail where "inconvenience" turned to "incontinence" due to the "auto-correct" option.

So, "sorry for the inconvenience" became "sorry for the incontinence" :facepalm:

lol ssome same kinda thing happened to me last week
my friend come to me and gave me his 4gb pen drive and told me to put 2gb graphic card and 2 gb ram in it :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

and then i asked him which 1 ati or nvidia he said "gigabyte is the best" lol:p

Ordered a HP ProBook for my dad frm Flipkart. The poor delivery guy showed up with the box a few days later while I wasn't at home. The box was covered in Intel logos. Dad spent 45 minutes yelling at the guy for trying to rip him off by selling him an Intel laptop instead of an HP.

ayanavish said:
Once wrote an official mail where "inconvenience" turned to "incontinence" due to the "auto-correct" option.

So, "sorry for the inconvenience" became "sorry for the incontinence" :facepalm:

happen to my friend....was organizing somebody's b'day at office. A group mail to the whole floor "Please gather around pantry area for cake cutting" - missed the R.

ayanavish said:

One person in our team sent a mail to our client with the word gentle in "gentle reminder" replaced by genital.. our Program Manager was in CC too; who gave him a long and stern-worded reprimand telling him to learn English.. :|

countrock said:
A friend last month was looking for a laptop, his budget was around 40-50k. I gave him the usual suspects. Yesterday I called him up to ask what he had decided, he said I am thinking of getting the a new high end Android phone. I said cool!

Then he said thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy SII with the new Intel Sandy Bridge.:rofl:

Now after almost dying of laughter, I try to explain the oversmart jacka** the different between mobile and desktop CPUs but he was fighting with me for over 10 mins saying that he had read it somewhere! after about an hour he sends me an SMS saying Sandy Bridge he had read while doing research on laptops! :S

Some Pune TE members may know him by Chiku!

Edit: My post count is 404! LOL
Ultimate :boxing22: :bounce: :southpar:

An incident that happened recently in our Boss's cabin.

Me, my colleague (sandy) and 2 other female colleagues were called in by our Boss. Sandy is a person who has completed Electronics Engineering but hardly knows anything related to the Electronics, donno how he passed 4 years. Our Boss wanted to discuss an issue regarding to a project that we were working on, so he started with sandy and asked him several questions on electronics that were used in this very project. Sandy was just replying him with some weird answers and a cute smile on his face coz he had no firm answer to it.

Our boss then got frustrated and asked him:

"Genius, do you even know what ohms law is??" ....

Sandy with a big smile on his face replied :"Yes Sire"

Boss: Tell me what is it.

Sandy searching here and there

Boss: What happened??

Sandy : I need a pen and rough paper :facepalm:

Boss: Just get out.... (He came to know that sandy doesnt know ohms law :eek:hyeah:)

Me and the 2 female colleagues werent able to control our laughter, but had to control it anyway coz Boss was already red

I was really wondered to see many of my CS/ECE engineered colleagues don't know how to burn a .iso file.

Today morning 3 guys burnt some .iso in windows xp's default burner as data disk and was trying to install it in a server.

One on the approval kissa in our office.
Approvals in our company do not have any meaning, its a mere formality.
Once a mid manager's manager replied to one of his email asking why did he approve something that was potentially a security risk; when even a nub wud know that its a risk. Guess what he replied to that !!!

Approved !!!!!!!

Back