Encounter with Noobs !!!!

What are some of the stupidest computer questions you get asked?

I'd like to hear some funny ones. I have a couple. The classic "So, you say you're going to upgrade my RAM from 2GB to 4GB, that won't erase all my pictures and music right?" and then this other guy "Is it bad that I pulled my video card out of my computer while it was on? now it's acting funny" I hear some "techies" say "oh don't get a 650W power supply for that build, you don't want to be pulling 650W constantly from the wall, that will cost a lot of money, buy a 350W" and I heard a story from my friend saying one of his friends stuck a screwdriver into his power supply while the computer was on and it shot sparks everywhere and died. I know not everyone is computer literate but a lot of things are just common sense! :rofl:

This is a bit common.

Friend - tera gfx card kaunsa hai ?
me - ati 6850.
friend - yeh sab chutiya baat kyu bata raha hai,kitna gb hai woh bol.
me- 1gb.
friend - chal tab tho theek hai,counter strike tho chalta hi hoga ispe.
me - ha yaar,almost manage kar leta hai mera card.

^^^

Good one
On the same lines

Frnd: tera gfx card kitne ka hai?
Me: 10500/-
Frnd: Hmm, kitne GB?
Me: 1 GB
Frnd: Be tujhe koi cho** bana ke gaya 1 GB aaj kal 4000 me milta hai, 10500 main atleast 8 gb milna chahiye
Me: kya karu yaar next time teri advice jaroor lunga

Not related to computers and this is like 6 year old thing when i had my sony ericsson w800i phone. My colleague in office asked me for the song and he too had bluetooth in his mobile (bluetooth was big at that time). So i sent him the song using bluetooth.
At night he calls and says.. "Arre yaar..woh song delete ho gaya mujhse...tu bluetooth se wapis bhej sakta hai kya ?? " :p

PS: People, don't feel shy to even admit what dumb things you might have felt or asked because we all were noobs at one point or other.

Once I disconnected the monitor from a computer that I was fixing at my uncle's office, and the person using that computer freaked out and asked me why I did that because now they lost all their information. I told them that they did not lose anything - they insisted that the info was gone because it was on the screen and now the screen was black.

A big shot in Finance Dept at my workplace followed a engineer all the way back to his desk. On catching up to him following was the conversation:

Fin Guy: Err.. Did you change the LAN cable ?
Engg: Yes, as per your request.
Fin Guy: I want my old cable back.
Engg: May I ask why Sir ????
Fin Guy: Some of my files are missing. I think they are stored in the LAN cable...
Engg: :facepalm:

one of his friends stuck a screwdriver into his power supply while the computer was on and it shot sparks everywhere and died. I know not everyone is computer literate but a lot of things are just common sense! :rofl:

Ask your friend who was spitting sparks, the SMPS OR his friend?

This should liven things up.

My friend was having virus troubles on his laptop. I took an antivirus installer on a flash drive to his dorm room.
As I was about to insert the flash drive into a USB port he shrieks "No! Don't put it into THAT slot - it's infected! Use the other one" :)

This one is from recent time,after the influx of iphones and androids

I had a iPod touch, so one of my friend asked me is it upgradable to android :|

Next when I got my first android phone, another of my friends asked me to send me ".apk" app file to his java phone, I told him its not possible, but he on kept insisting that the app will work, finally I sent the file :facepalm:

This happened two years back when I was in college.
Once I was chatting with one of my friend, then after some time...
she - do u have any good horror movies.
Me - yeah I do :rolleyes:
She - can u get me those.
Me - yeah tomo I will.
She - hey do one thing, anyways I don't have anything to watch now ..JUST MAIL ME THE MOVIE I'LL WATCH IT NOW ITSELF !!! :rolleyes::D
(For god sake she was a computer science and engg student !!!)
Me - Wtf !!!

1. Teach me 'vlookup'...? Probably shown over a 1000 people.
2. Computer is slow..? Oh...? Should I clear out the hard drive.
3. Wow...what is that blog...? (am looking at a forum).
4. How come you still game...?

Well this isn't a question but a discussion.
Me and my friend sitting in a cab are discussing the launch of gtx 670 amp edition. After few minutes , a 16 year old kid sitting right beside me said -
" Kuch bhi ho , geforce best hai ! "
Instead of laughing , I got angry and told him to shut his frakin mouth if he don't know a thing.

I'm 17 year old , and whenever there is a computer related discussion , its really frustrating.

Another-
Me - Youre having an i5-660 , ever tried overclocking it ?
My friend - Abe kya baat kar raha hai !?! Do you know how dangerous overclocking is ? Voids the warranty , destroys components even it can lead to fire ! Overclock kiya to c*** jaega !
Me - Sahi baat hai , duniya mein sare enthusiasts ch**e pade hain

I get very frustrated when my so called friends tell me "why do you play video game still?". I get super pissed... I'm not spending money like you on girls, hookah or drugs so why judge me? Fcuk off!

I get very frustrated when my so called friends tell me "why do you play video game still?". I get super pissed... I'm not spending money like you on girls, hookah or drugs so why judge me? Fcuk off!

Haha that happens quite often with me. My close friends, colleagues and relatives know how much I love gaming so they don't have a problem with that. But there are a select few who keep asking me that same question every now and then, "Do you still play video games? :scared14: Only kids play games."

Right!

Back