English TV series discussion

raksrules said:
[quote name='Mephistopheles']Is House engaging enough? I've read that it gets repetitive.

It does get repetitive in the sense that all episodes deal with separate unrelated medical cases but what is interesting is how the lives of each of the individual characters proceed and the excellent acting by Hugh Laurie. So it will be like, you like it or you will hate it. May take time to grow.[/QUOTE]

Its not the plot, its not the characters, .....

Just watch it for Hugh Laurie.... :hap2:

OMG OMg Tow of my favorite Shows have started Breaking bad and Entourage :D iam soo excited

btw started watching House MD the show is like Crack just Watch it for Hugh laurie he is THAT good

I highly recommend watching "Hustle". Its like watching Ocean's Eleven only much better. Its american remake "Leverage" is good too but not in the same league as Hustle. Its a UK series so its not long either, each season consist of just six 50 minutes episodes. Each episode has a new con and will keep you glued till the end of the episode. Its also not predictable no matter how clever you are, most of the cons will just blow your mind away when they are revealed in the end.

^^In that case i will skip it to see when i have time to watch one episode at a stretch. Currently i watch episodes (of whatever TV series i am currently on) while travelling in my company bus to and fro.

raksrules said:
^^In that case i will skip it to see when i have time to watch one episode at a stretch. Currently i watch episodes (of whatever TV series i am currently on) while travelling in my company bus to and fro.

Do you watch it on your phone or some other device?

Wish i had galaxy s2 or similar 4+ inch screen mobile...
watching tv shows on my 5230 is boring....

and long sessions on the pc is not possible due to you know........parents

raksrules said:
I watch on this -> http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-...ocket-size-cinema-148216.html?highlight=ainol :D

I have used this baby most extensively in last few months. Battery seems to be dying i think because at 30% or so it starts to power off itself. But again restarting it after couple of minutes and reducing the brightness gives me juice of 3-4 more episodes. Gives easily 5-7 Hours of video watching. Love my player.

I usually use my ipod Touch 4G. Its 1000 times better than my 5800, plus no need for video conversion.

pradeep200417 said:
I usually use my ipod Touch 4G. Its 1000 times better than my 5800, plus no need for video conversion.

Ipods do require video conversion, right, in MP4 format ?? You using some 3rd party video player ??

Sorry iPod noob here

Btw for me too no conversion at all. Have all MKVs now and all play fine.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Btw am on IT Crowd 2x05 now. Had started it yesterday only :)

Need to finish it ASAP. Not liking it too much :ashamed: Funny at times, but that is rare.

boogeyman said:
Google search brought up this PC app: RS TV Show Tracker

Features seem really impressive

This is really good software. I tried it yesterday. It is good for organizing the shows, lists the gist of them, shows time wasted :p, next episode, last episode aired and all such. And facility to download subs and actual episodes.

One more thing available for efficiently renaming the TV shows.

I used it yesterday and it works really well and worked better where renamer failed. Also in had this case where the file name as something like below and still it was able to 'understand' the exact TV series name

Ca1if0r1ca1i0n.1x01.XXX.XXX.XXX

The above too was decrypted by the software.

raksrules said:
Ipods do require video conversion, right, in MP4 format ?? You using some 3rd party video player ??

Sorry iPod noob here

Btw for me too no conversion at all. Have all MKVs now and all play fine.

Btw am on IT Crowd 2x05 now. Had started it yesterday only :)

Need to finish it ASAP. Not liking it too much :ashamed: Funny at times, but that is rare.

This is really good software. I tried it yesterday. It is good for organizing the shows, lists the gist of them, shows time wasted :p, next episode, last episode aired and all such. And facility to download subs and actual episodes.

One more thing available for efficiently renaming the TV shows.

I used it yesterday and it works really well and worked better where renamer failed. Also in had this case where the file name as something like below and still it was able to 'understand' the exact TV series name

Ca1if0r1ca1i0n.1x01.XXX.XXX.XXX

The above too was decrypted by the software.

Yeah i bought a utility called AV Player from Apps Store for like 2 or 3 $. Plays all the video formats amazingly well. I have tried upto 720p resolution and they run very smoothly. Need to try 1020p.

Still Hooked to covert Affairs S02..Downloading Hustle 07 ...Other Seasons are Not in BoB :( Wonder if its as good as The Earlier seasons as told by Bluffmaster....

People who are waiting for house S08 can Watch A few Episodes of Monroe Starring James Nesbitt in the Lead.His acting is Nothing short of awesome.the Show is Average Though....

^Are you thinking of watching Hustle from season 7? DON'T DO THAT! Although, each episode has a new con, the star cast has been changed quite a number of times. Also, some of the best cons are in earlier seasons. You can get the whole thing from BTN. PM me if you need an invite with a screenshot of your ratio. :)

Men_First_Look.jpg

Charlie got drunk and did a plastic surgery.

Or got soo drunk and someone stole his identity.

Or charlie died altogether and kutcher is a new character.

Back