English TV series discussion

New updates.

Breaking Bad - Jesus. There goes the Emmy. Cant wait for the next one

HIMYM - After sometime, a very good episode.

Castle - Usual fun. :D

The original British series have always been better than their us remakes though. Shameless, Worst Week and Free Agents being a couple of relatively new examples. I can't even imagine what a mess a US version of Misfits would be.

Why isn't there any discussions on adult cartoons
Simpsons, family guy, American dad, Bobs burgers ,futurama, south park, archer and many more.....

Does anybody watch them regularly...

I have watched all episodes of south park from s10...
Archer is lying unwatched in my hdd..
Watched a few episodes of family guy and Simpsons on television

Family guy has Gone sober from the last few seasons.
Do not know but there is like just one stand out episode for the whole season now.
Yet to watch simpsons. The new season i meant.
When will person of interest come next?

Started watching '2 Broke girls'.It's not half bad.
Two and a half men's latest episode was not bad either even with 'Jesus' in it.If it's funny it's coz of Alan Harper.

manu1991 said:
Most uk sitcoms have a dry sort of humor. Not everyone likes that.

True, I liked Coupling a lot, Monologues!! Didn't like IT Crowd that much and yet to watch Black Adder and Yes Minister. I'm pretty sure everyone has watched Mind Your Language here and it's Hindi take Zabaan Sambhal Ke. Both were good.

And people who find The Wire/ Breaking Bad slow and boring should really save it for a rainy day/lazy afternoon. No use forcing it down your throat now. There's no point in watching intense shows when the appetite is not there.

Did anybody watched Terra Nova yet...

Heard that it wasnt that good..happens wuth every show that has high expectations

its gonna get axed for sure...(fox always cancels sci-fi shows with no reasons anyway)

ggt said:
@dinjo
make it a point to watch around 2 or more episodes back to back.
You would enjoy it even more.
I once started watching S01E01 but could not continue maybe because i was short on time and series is slow rebooting again.

raksrules said:
TBBT is seriously awesome. I love each of its episodes. I am usually reluctant to try sitcoms, the previous one was The IT Crowd UK and i really did not like it much (inspite of myself being from IT field). But this is just so good.
1.5 seasons complete.
Same here after watching TBBT all other comic sitcoms look dull seriously.S03 is the best especially the episodes from 10 - 17

Terra Nova : 9/10

Boy ...I was blown away. This could be the start of another epic show, forget "Person of Interest", this right here is THE "Lost" replacement. The concept of the show is absolutely brilliant and it has unlimited potential. And what's with someone complaining about the CGI? Frankly speaking this is THE best CGI work I have ever seen in a TV show. Even if it was a movie, the CGI work was passable but for a TV show it is absolutely brilliant. Guys, don't miss this out, this is an epic show in the making.

P.S : Hopefully we will see a T-rex next week. :D

stated watching curb your enthusiasm season 8 the first 4 episodes were very Meh but after larry goes to new york and meets ricky gervais the show gets its groove back on :D

raptor3624 said:
Started watching '2 Broke girls'.It's not half bad.
Two and a half men's latest episode was not bad either even with 'Jesus' in it.If it's funny it's coz of Alan Harper.

if i start watching '2 Broke girls'
id be watching the whole cbs 8-11 O'clock slot

Hey guys, I am going to start watching some English series after I recently watched 1 or 2 episodes of Friends, liked it so I am gonna watch the whole series.

I just wanted to know which series should I start with ? I will prefer Comedy/Drama...

pranut said:
Hey guys, I am going to start watching some English series after I recently watched 1 or 2 episodes of Friends, liked it so I am gonna watch the whole series.

I just wanted to know which series should I start with ? I will prefer Comedy/Drama...

You still haven't seen FRIENDS???

You can also try

How i met your mother - Comedy

Criminal Minds - Really Good, just check it out

Big Bang Theory - Comedy related to Geeks

Eureka - City of really smart people - Not that great though

Californication - If u want mindless stupidity

HOUSE MD - Nothing much to say, just check it out

Spartacus - Gladiators based

White Collar - Art thief helping the FBI

Two and a half men - Comedy

Here are a few enjoy yourself...

lida said:
You still haven't seen FRIENDS???

You can also try

How i met your mother - Comedy

Criminal Minds - Really Good, just check it out

Big Bang Theory - Comedy related to Geeks

Eureka - City of really smart people - Not that great though

Californication - If u want mindless stupidity

HOUSE MD - Nothing much to say, just check it out

Spartacus - Gladiators based

White Collar - Art thief helping the FBI

Two and a half men - Comedy

Here are a few enjoy yourself...

I am gonna start with Friends, but I want to know some more, Which one of them should I start ? Thinking abt How I met ur mother...

Back