English TV series discussion

I have not watched arrested development till now. Infact i am hearing about this now. :( let me go download.

anybody still watching thundercats?

raksrules said:
Noob Alert: What are webisodes ? Sort of screener version (like it came for dexter and house before official telecast ??)

no not screeners ...

Webisodes (Web plus episodes) refers to short, online movies made for an Internet audience. Webisodes can serve many purposes, but are generally used as marketing tools. From entrepreneurs to major mainstream media, webisodes are playing a growing part in online content.

Student filmmakers are using webisodes to create libraries of 60-second shorts, particularly in the horror and animation genres. Some webisodes wind up on websites like YouTube, giving creators further exposure. Though the films are short, webisodes are the online equivalent of a clip reel, and can showcase talent very effectively, 24/7. Some online entrepreneurs are turning out episodic pieces, using a webisode for each installment.

Webisodes are also instrumental to online gaming companies promoting current games and building hype for upcoming releases. Like movie trailers, webisodes can whet the appetite of the gaming community. By creating the right advertising tool with a webisode, gamers can see what the look and feel of ‘the next great challenge’ will be before the coding is even dry.

Major television networks are using webisodes to promote flagship shows. Key scenes clipped from episodes that have already aired highlight the show’s characters and appeal. Brief webisodes makes a good fit for the presumed short attention span of the public. A clip is also more entertaining than the simple stills, graphics and text of a webpage.

The Public Broadcasting System (PBS) is making selected documentaries available online in a series of webisodes. The webisodes are named individually, similar to the way DVDs divide up a film by movie scenes for easy navigation. This allows surfers to watch all or just part(s) of a special. Webisodes also make it easy to watch a program over a period of nights when time doesn’t allow one extended viewing.

Webisodes can be a valuable tool for self-promotion and marketing. Utilized correctly, webisodes can increase website traffic and help build a solid fan base. A picture might be worth a thousand words, but a moving picture seems to be worth even more, judging by the popularity of webisodes.

those are like Dexter early cuts..(yet to watch them)

[Youtube]Qajfj5wzcCU[/Youtube]

[Youtube]XL9LbNJfebw[/Youtube]

[Youtube]dFMh9K6MHjQ[/Youtube]

[Youtube]OBiRDmA-95s[/Youtube]

[Youtube]iAkvgq6vhYg[/Youtube]

[Youtube]NMlG1gA6aH0[/Youtube]

Saw few season openers last weekend

Grey's Anatomy - :no:
The Mentalist - :eek:hyeah:
Criminal Minds - :huh:
2 1/2 Half Men - :rofl:

Have to watch NCIS, BB and waiting for House MD :mad:

Terra Nova wasnt that bad...

Infact it was better than all other pilots of this year (homeland,prime suspect, person of interest)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

chiron said:
I stuck with it for a while because the premise was indeed interesting but bratty teens, bulletproof ninja dinosaurs, a boss man who goes all wild west, black rebel lady all together was too much for me to take :D

yeah the teenagers ruined it....

Saw a couple of new british series;

Fresh Meat - sort of like The Inbetweeners but set in college

The Fades - horror comedy that reminded me a bit of The Misfits but visibly low budget

Both were interesting but a bit lacking overall, maybe they will become more engaging with a few episodes.

Pretty awesome episode of House, they are doing something different this season and so far its looking pretty good. Plus the new doctor is smokin hot! :eek:hyeah:

Back