English TV series discussion

terra nova was unbelievably corny and cliched... nevermind the cgi which I really didn't care for regardless or all the things about the premise that made absolutely no sense but this was so terrible because of all the cliches packed into the story that it needs a mst3k/rifftrax treatment to be watchable. imagine a straight to video sequel to the jurassic park series with absolutely no money put into hiring decent writers, dumb it down and stretch it out to last multiple seasons and viola you get this series.

JjHn8.jpg

^It would still make for an exciting and entertaining sci-fi show of which there is a serious drought these days. I don't really care about the cliches as long as the show keeps me hooked and entertained.

Bluffmaster said:
Terra Nova : 9/10

Boy ...I was blown away. This could be the start of another epic show, forget "Person of Interest", this right here is THE "Lost" replacement. The concept of the show is absolutely brilliant and it has unlimited potential. And what's with someone complaining about the CGI? Frankly speaking this is THE best CGI work I have ever seen in a TV show. Even if it was a movie, the CGI work was passable but for a TV show it is absolutely brilliant. Guys, don't miss this out, this is an epic show in the making.

P.S : Hopefully we will see a T-rex next week. :D

Actually you would agree with me about the shitty CG if you watch Game of Thrones.
Every green screen scene in Terra Nova looks sooo shitty, I wonder where the $20 million budget was spent.

I'm gonna go with it being canned after 1 season. If it does last that long.

back to back episoded of friends can be monotonous. watch something else in between. you can also try everybosy loves raymond along with how i met your mother.

Bluffmaster said:
^It would still make for an exciting and entertaining sci-fi show of which there is a serious drought these days. I don't really care about the cliches as long as the show keeps me hooked and entertained.

I stuck with it for a while because the premise was indeed interesting but bratty teens, bulletproof ninja dinosaurs, a boss man who goes all wild west, black rebel lady all together was too much for me to take :D

pranut said:
Hey guys, I am going to start watching some English series after I recently watched 1 or 2 episodes of Friends, liked it so I am gonna watch the whole series.

I just wanted to know which series should I start with ? I will prefer Comedy/Drama...

If you want to watch something funny, then watch Seinfeld, Frasier, Cheers, Everybody Loves Raymond, Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

All these old classic shows would beat the hell out of the new sitcoms of today.

ubergeek said:
stated watching curb your enthusiasm season 8 the first 4 episodes were very Meh but after larry goes to new york and meets ricky gervais the show gets its groove back on :D

dude what are you saying. infact the show went kinda downhill when he moved to newyork.

the initial episodes were amazing. pig parker, chat n cut, al-abaz chicken. hahaha

this is why i never get sucked into hype ...if you want dinosaurs , go check out the bbc documentary , otherwise for a tv series , the idea is pretty much wasted ...i never saw it and never intended to see it...

pranut said:
I am gonna start with Friends, but I want to know some more, Which one of them should I start ? Thinking abt How I met ur mother...

I would recommend to start Big Bang Theory at end since once you watch it other comic series looks dull.

hmmm the i liked the new york episode's y'know that episode where rosie o donnel and larry fight over a girl that periscope episode especially the first episode with rick gervais when larry moved to new york was really funny any how two episodes left after that ill be able to give an review of the whole season.

Did anybody here watch this new series by shotime called "Episodes" it supposedly starts Matt le blanc and the chick from the black books series saw the first episode and it was very average the first season only has like 8 or 10 episodes,i wanted to try out this show cause matt got nominated in the grammys for his performance in the show so that got my intrest piqued.

pradeep200417 said:
If you want to watch something funny, then watch Seinfeld, Frasier, Cheers, Everybody Loves Raymond, Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

All these old classic shows would beat the hell out of the new sitcoms of today.

How could have I forgotten Fresh Prince Of Bel Air - That was a brilliant show

Started watching Game of Thrones and I'm hooked. This show has immense production values and the cinematography is simply outstanding. I completed 6 episodes back-2-back this Sunday and had to literally stop myself from going any further. Would save it for this weekend.

Also saw Breaking Bad's first episode. Nothing special, but I'm expecting it would build up evetually, considering the amount of praise it's been garnering. :p

Back