English TV series discussion

soggy316 said:
^ I'd recommend Parks and Recreation - its similar to the office, but has its own identity & has the fresh and fun feel that the office had in S2/S3

I watched the first couple of episodes and wasn't too impressed. But i read somewhere that it really picks up in Season 2. Is it true?

^Yup - its exactly like the office in that sense. The first season was of 5 episodes that were just ok, and then things picked up ni S2. S1 just kind of establishes the characters, and then it runs with it from S2. Give it a chance.

Big Bang Theory is going down the drain. Season 5 is just terrible so far. The script writers seem to have run out of ideas.

Fringe season 3 is pretty good so far. The second episode was just top class. I'm surprised hardly anyone watches it here.

GuruGulabKhatri said:
Finished TBBTs02e17..Totally Superb,maybe i will regain my faith on sitcoms,much better than HIMYM,

I have not seen Modern family yet

Chaos said:
Big Bang Theory is going down the drain. Season 5 is just terrible so far. The script writers seem to have run out of ideas.

Fringe season 3 is pretty good so far. The second episode was just top class. I'm surprised hardly anyone watches it here.

Oh Boy!! :(

Even i completed watching first 2 seasons The Big Bang Theory. Hows season 3 and 4. Its been too much of TBBT. I might resume to watch the later seasons from next month.

swordfish123 said:
Even i completed watching first 2 seasons The Big Bang Theory. Hows season 3 and 4. Its been too much of TBBT. I might resume to watch the later seasons from next month.

S03 is the best in TBBT

Chaos said:

Betters HIMYM's new season and Two and a Half Men's new avatar put together. But yes the first 3 seasons were way, way better than the current.

Guys, The mentalist vs Castle...

which is better??

i already watch mentalist...

thinking to start watching castle too...

so how does castle fare compared to mentalist

v.Na5h said:
Guys, The mentalist vs Castle...

which is better??

i already watch mentalist...

thinking to start watching castle too...

so how does castle fare compared to mentalist

Both are good. I kind of like the lead character in Mentalist.

The Big Bang Theory is going down the drain. It used to be my favorite sitcom at one point. The problem with the show as I see it is the introduction of the new characters. Bernadette, Amy, Priya etc are just boring distractions. I liked the show better when it was just about a dumb hot blonde coping with three nerdy guys. The jokes are becoming extremely stale too, this show used to be about geek jokes which has now been replaced by stupid sexual ones.

quixand said:
Betters HIMYM's new season and Two and a Half Men's new avatar put together. But yes the first 3 seasons were way, way better than the current.

Yup the first three seasons were absolutely top class. The fourth season though not as good as the first three was still quite nice. This season is turning out to be a drag. If it stays like this, god help it.

Back