English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

They've recently started reruns of "Just Shoot Me" on Zee Cafe channel I think, very good/funny old comedy...

For all the mediocrity that has been happening from Season 4 and much of Season 5 of Greys anatomy, I am glad I didnt give up on the show and watched season 5.

The season finale was the first episode of any television show that really left me with my jaw open. No spoilers but my god! that was brilliantly done.

If you had given up on this show and didnt watch season 5 completely, i suggest you do it. I can assure you, its worth watching entire series just for final 10 mins of the final episode.

Keane 16 said:
RIP Prison Break. :'(

good riddance to prison break i say.

the first half of the first season was some of the most spectacular tv i've ever seen, and no other show has ever hooked me like the prison break pilot did at the end when you saw his full body tattoo.
i remember the first episode after the midseason break was one of the most anticipated in history. however, in the second half of season 1, you could start seeing signs of what was to come. it changed into a show where they suddenly have a problem, then a solution (usually linked to the tattoo), then another problem, then another solution and so on. still, it was a great start.
after that they went from fairly entertaining in season 2 to absolute shit in season 3 to 'oh god when will it end' in season 4. it was an entertaining ride but it's death was long overdue.

spindoctor said:
good riddance to prison break i say.

the first half of the first season was some of the most spectacular tv i've ever seen, and no other show has ever hooked me like the prison break pilot did at the end when you saw his full body tattoo.
i remember the first episode after the midseason break was one of the most anticipated in history. however, in the second half of season 1, you could start seeing signs of what was to come. it changed into a show where they suddenly have a problem, then a solution (usually linked to the tattoo), then another problem, then another solution and so on. still, it was a great start.
after that they went from fairly entertaining in season 2 to absolute shit in season 3 to 'oh god when will it end' in season 4. it was an entertaining ride but it's death was long overdue.
I agree season 3 and 4 weren't too great, but seasons 1 and 2 were just brilliant. I'm sad because of the nostalgia basically, not because season 4 was all that good.

chuck has been renewed for 13 episodes :)

on the downside, the budget for the show has been reduced and it's likely that some of the supporting cast might not appear frequently or they might even get cut out altogether.

also, terminator : tscc has been officially cancelled i believe.

Not a surprise but too bad :(

The good news

Shows renewed

Chuck (woot ! )

Castle ( oh thank god.... was worried if it will be back after seeing the ratings)

Greys Anatomy

Private Practice

5. Scrubs (Big surprise. I thought it was canned for sure )

The Big Bang Theory

How I Met Your Mother

Numb3rs

House

Dont care about anything else :p

What happened to The Office , I am yet to see the final episode of S05 , will it be renewed ?

BTW UK version of The Office is "premiering" (reruns from the start) on BBC Entertainment (on Tata Sky) this Friday... so 2 good ones to watch for me, South Park on VH1 and this :) Another good old one is "Just Shoot Me" on Zee Cafe but I won't be rewatching that one...

vishalrao said:
BTW UK version of The Office is "premiering" (reruns from the start) on BBC Entertainment (on Tata Sky) this Friday..
Thats nice , i thought BBC Entertainment was a useless channel , because everytime i tuned in , they were showing either Robin Hood / The Weakest Link or some other crap

heh, theres other half-decent stuff like absolutely fabulous, my hero, live at the apollo, lead balloon, keeping up appearances, fawlty towers, extras (ricky gervais again) and so on... :)

See Coupling - the UK version, hilarious!!! And the GF will love it too.

axeman said:
See Coupling - the UK version, hilarious!!! And the GF will love it too.

I saw it last month , it was very hilarious . The IT Crowd was very funny too , i never expected that much from british sitcoms

HIMYM S04 has also ended , the last episode was cool

goat fight FTW

Just finished watching Day Break a tv series of it's own kind.

It's quite a decent thriller, a plot around a Detective who is framed in a murder of DA. Lives the day over and over again and tries to protect his gf and clear his charges.

On the other hand the precedent advantage that detective has fades the thrill, like the 'save game'/snapshot, you can always come back in case your x moves fails.

Must say it certainly pulls your attention; finished it in two days.

Thanks to dipen for recommending :)

Next series in queue LOST S01

Back