English TV series discussion

Finished Touch is a preternatural drama where science and spirituality meet in which we are all interconnected.
A widowed father who is troubled by his inability to connect to his mute 11-year-old son. When he discovers his son possesses the gift to see things that no one else can see and the patterns that connect seemingly unrelated events - everything changes. However I'm fan of Tim Kring Sci-fi master.

How good is Medium and bones.

Finished Touch is a preternatural drama where science and spirituality meet in which we are all interconnected.
A widowed father who is troubled by his inability to connect to his mute 11-year-old son. When he discovers his son possesses the gift to see things that no one else can see and the patterns that connect seemingly unrelated events - everything changes. However I'm fan of Tim Kring Sci-fi master.

How good is Medium and bones.

Bones was a lot better in its initial seasons. Although primarily a show about crime solving, that aspect sometimes does take a backseat to other things like humor, interpersonal relationships of the characters and the likes. It's not the most tightly written/directed show of its genre either. But the show is pretty fun to watch and entertaining. The lead actors are quite good too.

- - - Updated - - -

And hey, how come no discussion about Breaking Bad S05 E07.
Was fantastic IMO. As usual great performance by Cranston, especially the opening sequence. The end (although predictable in terms of what happened to the character 'Mike') was unraveled in the most unpredictable fashion. And for sheer dramatic effect, the last line mouthed in the show couldn't have been better !!

Eagerly looking forward to the finale !!

And hey, how come no discussion about Breaking Bad S05 E07.
Was fantastic IMO. As usual great performance by Cranston, especially the opening sequence. The end (although predictable in terms of what happened to the character 'Mike') was unraveled in the most unpredictable fashion. And for sheer dramatic effect, the last line mouthed in the show couldn't have been better !!

Eagerly looking forward to the finale !!
Really I get sad when any goods shows end. Early waiting to see what Mr. White going to do, continue the cooking or dumping all methanol and back to his family. Lot's of show finale.

Any 24 kind of tv series ?, let me know if there is any series having similar story line.

And also I'm downloading Castle :) Plz post your opinions on this.

Started watching The Shield - The Shield (TV Series 2002–2008) - IMDb

Seen 4 episodes till now and I am liking the show quite a bit. Has lots of unexpected wtf moments with interesting characters. Michael Chiklis does an excellent good-bad guy. Other supporting characters are excellent too.

Apparently a must watch for fans of Wire and other gritty cop shows.

An update on this - just finished 2 seasons and it is really superb! Don't know how I missed this in the first place.. Michael Chiklis is perfect in his role as the tough, dirty cop (but with a sense of morality). Only Hollywood shows can make you love and hope for the safety of a crew of dirty cops who bend each and every rule they encounter :p

Read from a fan review somewhere -

The shows which made Hollywood blockbuster action thrillers looked like chick flicks compared to it.

And I agree. Doesn't feel dated and is extremely fast moving (till now ) with lot of twists and surprises.

Shield - Complete First Season - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The best part is how each and every character is shown to be flawed - there is no good or bad. Each character stands out on his own.

- - - Updated - - -

Any 24 kind of tv series ?, let me know if there is any series having similar story line.

And also I'm downloading Castle :) Plz post your opinions on this.

It's good - light and fun.

awesome episode of breaking bad.it seems there is a mid season break now and the pace of the episode today was fast of the lot :clap:

The mid-season finale of Breaking Bad was just brilliant. They concluded it with an epic teaser. As always. Hats off to the writers of the show.

What's coming up? Dexter? And Homeland?

Finished s01 of American horror story and I have to say this is the most disturbing shit i saw on Tv.So wonderfully macabre,depressing and twisted and Jessica lange is now my Second favorite actress after claire danes.Its almost like The Shining..Creepy...very very creepy but not scary.
Must reco For everyone

^ That's what got me interested in American Horror Story will probably try to watch it over the weekend.

Started watching dexter season 6
the first episode was the campiest of all the first episodes from previous season.

Boardwalk empire season 2 just started and so far it has been really good.

Louie CK started watching the first season finished a couple of episodes so far it has been quite good but not as funny as curb your enthusiasm

Finished s01 of American horror story and I have to say this is the most disturbing shit i saw on Tv.So wonderfully macabre,depressing and twisted and Jessica lange is now my Second favorite actress after claire danes.Its almost like The Shining..Creepy...very very creepy but not scary.
Must reco For everyone

Creepy is the only word which comes to mind. Disturbing is a close second.

An update on this - just finished 2 seasons and it is really superb! Don't know how I missed this in the first place.. Michael Chiklis is perfect in his role as the tough, dirty cop (but with a sense of morality). Only Hollywood shows can make you love and hope for the safety of a crew of dirty cops who bend each and every rule they encounter :p

Read from a fan review somewhere -

And I agree. Doesn't feel dated and is extremely fast moving (till now ) with lot of twists and surprises.

Shield - Complete First Season - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The best part is how each and every character is shown to be flawed - there is no good or bad. Each character stands out on his own.
One of the best cop shows made. The quality suffered quite a bit during the later seasons as it should have ended earlier than it did but still the series finale was perfectly done.
The show starts as being all about Vic Mackey but then the other characters just take it out of the ballpark.

One of the best cop shows made. The quality suffered quite a bit during the later seasons as it should have ended earlier than it did but still the series finale was perfectly done.
The show starts as being all about Vic Mackey but then the other characters just take it out of the ballpark.

On season 3 right now.. let's see how it turns out. Though I do agree how they have started giving each and every character its breathing space and grow - amazing performances.

Recently i had started watching crime show from uk,like luther,sherlock...
They r very good crime show comparing to usa show b'coz you dont have to wait for 13 or 24 episode to complete season...just 3 to 6 max episode...
Have heard great thing about doctor who but never had any chance to see any episode...

I have watched alot of English TV Series but my personal best among them are:
1.Dexter
2.Prison Break
3.How i met your mother
4.Big Bang theory
5.Two and a Half men.
And Dexter is the blooody best seriously guys if You have not watched it go and start watching .ITs the best.

Back