English TV series discussion

^^ First and last five minutes were interesting

if you have seen the full trailer then it forms the remaining story in the episode

Watching Breaking Bad season 2 these days. The first few episodes of the first season were pretty slow and dare I say a tad boring but have things changed now or what... getting more and more gripping with each episode!! Bryan Cranston's acting is flawless as Walter White.

This series has actually made me read quite a lot about the decadent threats of crystal-meth addictions. Damn, I was shocked to say the least after reading some of the articles of meth addictions.

The Shield is fantastic!

Grabbed a few episodes and I'm hooked now. Zipped through season 1 and most of season 2 over the weekend. Superb acting by Michael Chiklis.

The Shield is fantastic!

Grabbed a few episodes and I'm hooked now. Zipped through season 1 and most of season 2 over the weekend. Superb acting by Michael Chiklis.

Didn't think I would say this, but it keeps getting better and better. Currently on the last episode of Season 4. Hands-down the best cop show I have seen.

I left The Wire after watching the first few episodes. Seemed very slow on progression. But then again, I might have to watch it again, as Breaking Bad had the same effect in it's first few episodes, but later picked up the pace. Does this show come in 16:9 ratio? The first season I'm pretty sure was tailored for 4:3 screens. What about the remaining seasons?

Started watching American Horror Story and saw 2 episodes back-to-back yesterday. It was 1 AM by then and we called it quits. Looks like a good series to me - genuinely scary sequences and fear-inducing soundtracks. Screenplay is very very good and Jessica Lange's acting is just brilliant! :O

This is the second horror series I am watching after the Zee Horror Show that aired during the golden era of the cable TV. :p

I left The Wire after watching the first few episodes. Seemed very slow on progression. But then again, I might have to watch it again, as Breaking Bad had the same effect in it's first few episodes, but later picked up the pace. Does this show come in 16:9 ratio? The first season I'm pretty sure was tailored for 4:3 screens. What about the remaining seasons?

The Wire is a very evenly paced show with hour long episodes .. very akin to a novel.
Its not episodic in nature and builds up a story though out the whole season (or multiple-seasons).

Yes .. all seasons/episodes are in the 4:3 and SD resolution.

So patience and absolute concentration(with Subtitles) are needed to appreciate this show to the max.

Breaking Bad is still a distant second to The Wire.

The Wire is a very evenly paced show with hour long episodes .. very akin to a novel.
Its not episodic in nature and builds up a story though out the whole season (or multiple-seasons).

Yes .. all seasons/episodes are in the 4:3 and SD resolution.

So patience and absolute concentration(with Subtitles) are needed to appreciate this show to the max.

Breaking Bad is still a distant second to The Wire.

I'm usually very impatient when it comes to slow progressing shows, especially drama. For me, the pilot episode of the show needs to be captivating, else I struggle to go through the rest, Breaking Bad being an exception. I'm sure I'll give this another shot.

How would you rate the seasons? Does it have any peak moments?

It really sucks that the aspect ratio is 4:3. :(

Back