English TV series discussion

Any Supernatural fan here, after watching all 7 seasons, season 8 is even better, too bad they postponed the shooting for Christmas

- - - Updated - - -

Watched Heroes Season 1 recently, complex story, wonderfully done. Too bad they have gone downhill later seasons

Certified closet Supernatural fan here. The first 4 seasons were pretty good and great masala entertainment as we Indians like to call it. Season 5 fell short of my expectations. 6, 7 and 8 are more of a guilty pleasure than anything else for me. It absolutely sucks, but I watch and enjoy it anyway. I wish they had wrapped up the show after season 5. Perhaps Supernatural has the best OST out of any show in the history of television. Kansas, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Lynyrd Skynyrd and even Sabbath on one episode, if my memory serves me correct.

Heroes was absolute garbage to me. There are few shows that I've absolutely regretted wasting time on and Heroes is top of the charts. I watched 1.5 seasons of this garbage and could not take anymore after that.

I'm currently watching Person of Interest and the ongoing seasons of Supernatural and BBT. Can't wait for Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Community and Game of Thrones in 2013.

@Xavier Agree, there are many episodes I felt watching Supernatural is totally silly thing! Still I have to give it to them to always come back to the roots, holding the episodes together and managing it to up to season 8. Heard Season 10 would have the final episode. Strong points are also the weakest points, like bond between brothers, sense of action adventure every time hunting starts, strong actors including the supporting roles, many characters some even taking main roles like Castiel/Bobby/Garth/etc, such character development driven by the episodes/actors without planning is totally amazing. After reaching Season 8 talking about hunting ghosts or some pagan god brings smile to my face! sometimes they are ridiculous on these mythological characters particularly the portrayal of Indian Gods were poorly researched and silly, there are many examples of that. Now in season 8 they are trying to insert the Vamp just like Castiel, not sure if it is going to work, but Ackles makes everything possible!

Heroes, Ep-1, I would give it to them to pull things together! the end showdown is a big letdown, particularly the fight with Sylar. They tried to bring X-men universe kind of to the television, good attempt but overly ambitious.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot about the Music, as you say, it is the killer feature of Supernatural, can't appreciate my Denon 1100 or Z906 setup more! more than movies, Supernatural rocks these gears, OST of Supernatural is amazing! Love the song Kansas!

Been watching two broke girls for past few weeks....good series..good timing for the show as the Big Bang Theory and two and half men are slipping in terms of quality..Now back to watching old episodes of caroline in the city and the fresh prince..

Dude seriously! I read about some of the characters and looks like they are a lot more badass on the comics than on the show. But unfortunately reading books (or even comics for that matter) isn't my forte. Somehow I never cultivated the reading habit in me and I've to let it slide. :(
seriously dont read the comics. Andrea direction is way different than this one. The end of the current arc; something happens to Rick in the comics. Hopefully, something similar doesnt happen here.

seriously dont read the comics. Andrea direction is way different than this one. The end of the current arc; something happens to Rick in the comics. Hopefully, something similar doesnt happen here.

I like the comics more. The characters in the show are 'pussified' for general public, but in the comics they are raw and exciting.

Been watching two broke girls for past few weeks....good series..good timing for the show as the Big Bang Theory and two and half men are slipping in terms of quality..Now back to watching old episodes of caroline in the city and the fresh prince..

Very true. But I find it kinda repetitive.

I like the comics more. The characters in the show are 'pussified' for general public, but in the comics they are raw and exciting.
I agree with you. No doubt the comics are raw. But for people who have watched so much of the TV series, it just gets confusing about sequence in TV series and the comics. @alekhkhanna - Yeah Michonne just gets her ass kicked too easily, if you know what I mean :)

Last edited by a moderator:
seriously an awesome quote :

b1Rlm.jpg

Ok so this something i noticed but was not expecting when watching one of the season 2 episodes of Breaking Bad. Although this does not give away anything from the series, i am still putting this in SPOILER tags

In one of the episodes skyler is confronting Ted, her employer about the unaccounted revenues and she mentions that she found "Xerox Copies" with dates changed. I believe we only say Xerox when what we actually meant was "photocopy"
Nothing important but something which amused me.

- - - Updated - - -

Series got canned. :(

Is it ? No more seasons ?
Although the pilot was good i did not like rest of the series. Still yet to watch 3 last episodes of season 1. Does the series end in a cliffhanger or it is a normal (satisfying) end ? No need to tell what the end really is. Just want to evaluate whether i should watch the remaining episodes or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Am watching nat geo scam city. --- nice for arm chair tourists

Read on wiki, seems interesting and when i saw your post i was sure there would be an Indian city and honestly i expected Mumbai but it seems it is Delhi.
Btw all episodes over ?

Also i like the series Cake Boss very much, good timepass and cakes are great. :)

Started ROME and watched the first two episodes. Looks like a good series to me but the start seems like a bit slow. Might pick up pace in the later episodes. Reminded me of Spartacus but this one is a lot more mature and not just about gore and seks on the screen.

Ray Stevenson! :scared14:

Started ROME and watched the first two episodes. Looks like a good series to me but the start seems like a bit slow. Might pick up pace in the later episodes. Reminded me of Spartacus but this one is a lot more mature and not just about gore and seks on the screen.

Ray Stevenson! :scared14:

Wonderful series and its HBO .

Person of Interest is boring the crap out of me. I have no ideas why it has received so many rave reviews from critics and audiences alike. I'm on episode 6 of season 1 right now and it's already feeling like a drag. Suits me right for trying another J J Abrams borefest after Lost and Fringe. Will give it some more time and watch the rest of season 1 since I've nothing else to do.

Back