English TV series discussion

Well the machine was recently exposed as being real called the PRISM program ;) A real program run by Uncle Sam with help of Google, Facebook etc. And India being the fifth most monitored country. Talk about blurring reality with fiction.

Machine is not as same as prism.
Prism is just one part of it like data gathering but machine has far more analytic capability along with vast video processing capacity which is not possible with even highest possible custom grade asic units.

So in reality uncles sam is yet to build something even 20-30% close to what they show in machine.

What uncles sam has is keyword monitoring and data mining.
As they show in poi as well as reality,
Lots of input goes waste and their output in terms of reports of operators like snowden doesnt get acted upon always.

Current nsa and private contractor capabilities are about data mining but not nearby data processing to generate super quick actionable intelligence.

They still have lot of data they collect which is uncrackable due to encryption.
They are still hold back with encrypted content.thats the reason they are building huge data processing/data storage facility at utah.

Five zettabyte is what is projected data storage they have.

George Orwell must be rolling in his grave. I want someone to adapt a TV show with the setting as shown in his Nineteen Eighty-Four book. It shouldn't be the real world as it is today, but just close enough. The book captures a certain tense kind of atmosphere, and the world being split into three different regions also adds a queer sort of feeling.

Only part which I hate to maximum is ways to protect your own privacy is minimum and getting lesser day by day.

As google founder wrote in his book,
You should consider changing the name once you become adult.

And as seen in poi,
Harold has so many alias's that his partner Nathan asks him,
Harold do you even remember how many eponyms you have changed so far and have you thought about telling your true identity to your fiancée ?

The way google tracks you where you went what you did what you shop .
So much of tracking we ourself give to uncles sam.

Then their is facebook,where we ourself tell entire world what we do what we like and what we want to do.

Facebook orkut and any social network is just giving away your own identity and privacy by your own hands.

Why do we need to be scared off prism or anything alike when we ourself donate so much treasure trove of info ourself ?

Why do we need to be scared off prism or anything alike when we ourself donate so much treasure trove of info ourself ?

Because you willingly give out that information, just like you do in public places. But what PRISM does is that it snoops on even your private life: emails, calls, messaging, video chats etc... Not many willingly want to give out their private information. It is amoral to do so.

It's like me and you and everyone commenting here in this forum threads - everyone can read these. But for private talks, we use the PM system or email. Otherwise, we wouldn't be needing a private messaging system here on the forum, or on Facebook. There are certain things which we want to share with only certain people, and not everyone.

Because you willingly give out that information, just like you do in public places. But what PRISM does is that it snoops on even your private life: emails, calls, messaging, video chats etc... Not many willingly want to give out their private information. It is amoral to do so.

It's like me and you and everyone commenting here in this forum threads - everyone can read these. But for private talks, we use the PM system or email. Otherwise, we wouldn't be needing a private messaging system here on the forum, or on Facebook. There are certain things which we want to share with only certain people, and not everyone.

I know one thing moment any electronic form of communication comes in play,you wash of your hands with privacy.

Only way where you have privacy of any kind is scif box or person to person talk with nothing electronic in that room.

I know one thing moment any electronic form of communication comes in play,you wash of your hands with privacy.

Only way where you have privacy of any kind is scif box or person to person talk with nothing electronic in that room.
True, but it's a complex problem when one authority is privy to all the information. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

Our Indian govt also is coming up with similar authority to spy on entire nation.
It's coming up at Bangalore where they can monitor entire country network and at similar level of ISP nodes.

So prism like system is coming up in our own country.

Our Indian govt also is coming up with similar authority to spy on entire nation.
It's coming up at Bangalore where they can monitor entire country network and at similar level of ISP nodes.

So prism like system is coming up in our own country.

What's worse is they are probably outsourcing this to some security contractor.. I am fairly confident in the incompetence of our Govt' Deep Packet Inspection capabilities...

What's worse is they are probably outsourcing this to some security contractor.. I am fairly confident in the incompetence of our Govt' Deep Packet Inspection capabilities...
How many of us are aware of data administrators for aadhar / uid ?
Its entirely outsourced to private non indian companies and majority are american companies.
So all our biometric data is already in american custody without paying single penny.
Our govt has already sold us all.

And ours is huge super huge biometric database and enormous scale which is not done in any other country in world.

How many of us are aware of data administrators for aadhar / uid ?
Its entirely outsourced to private non indian companies and majority are american companies.
So all our biometric data is already in american custody without paying single penny.
Our govt has already sold us all.

And ours is huge super huge biometric database and enormous scale which is not done in any other country in world.
And from what I've read.. They're getting some shoddy security firm which relies on Spyware to gather data.. How the hell will they scale it for the entire country is beyond me ..

Anyway this has been some major OT. If anyone can create a separate thread to discuss this.

Need recommendation. I have selected these reading few reviews here
  • Person of Interest
  • Walking Dead
  • Hannibal
  • Six Feet Under
  • Da Vinci's Demons
Any inclusion or deletion from the list? Any particular order??

TIA.

Back