English TV series discussion

The Blacklist E12 - The pacing remains the strong point. Again not much time spent on the "inside" mole, resolved in one episode. Many shows over play their hand and keep it running for the whole season. If they get cancelled they just try to cram it all in (I am looking at you Awake!), not a risk in case of Blacklist. I hope it doesn't get cancelled though.

Community - Geothermal Escapism .. the show is back to its Season 1 roots & antics ..
Greendaleverse is such a beautiful magical place :D - heartfelt touching & action packed episode ..

The season just gets better with each episode.

Yeap, community has been good, but I don't see any new audience being attracted to it, the ratings would definitely plummet, I'd be highly surprised if NBC renews it again.

^NBC has nothing else. Parks and Rec has been confirmed as coming back, and Community will be back probably for the mythical 6th and possibly final season.

Done with season 3 of Strike Back and also completed the first season of Peep Show. Strike Back's season 3 was average. Peep show is interesting, but slightly inconsistent. The first 2 episodes were hilarious, but some of the other episodes were mildly amusing. Planning to start Top of the Lake tomorrow.

How's everyone finding True Detective? I really like it. Till now, the focus has been more on the characters than the case. Next ep looks like it will have some action.[DOUBLEPOST=1390847123][/DOUBLEPOST]Just read that each season of True Detective will tell a different story with different cast and characters. Hmm.

Last edited:
I am done with all the seasons of Burn Notice. I really liked this show. Enjoyed it a lot. Now onto imdb for some more fix on the show.
Tomorrow starting with Sherlock.

Guys any suggestions for any ended series ? But not pre-2000 year please. I like to start with series that have ended so i don't have to wait for next season.

Just FYI..the following shows (which have ended) i have already seen..

Prison Break
Lost
Hustle
House
Weeds
Monk
Lost
Leverage
Fringe
Firefly
Entourage
Dexter
Chuck
Breaking Bad
Boston Legal

And probably many more

Shows i have rejected and will probably not see anymore (have seen few episodes/seasons)

Six Feet Under
Sopranos
The Mentalist

Last edited:
I am done with all the seasons of Burn Notice. I really liked this show. Enjoyed it a lot. Now onto imdb for some more fix on the show.

Guys any suggestions for any ended series ? But not pre-2000 year please. I like to start with series that have ended so i don't have to wait for next season.

Prison Break
Lost
Hustle
House
Weeds
Monk
Lost
Leverage
Fringe
Firefly
Entourage
Dexter
Chuck
Breaking Bad
Boston Legal

And probably many more

Shows i have rejected and will probably not see anymore (have seen few episodes/seasons)

Six Feet Under
Sopranos
The Mentalist

Have you seen 'The Shield'? Pretty intense stuff.

Prison Break
Lost
Hustle
House
Weeds
Monk
Lost
Leverage
Fringe
Firefly
Entourage
Dexter
Chuck
Breaking Bad
Boston Legal

And probably many more

Six Feet Under
Sopranos
The Mentalist

I would suggest Spartacus and Rome - both are good and I'd probably rate Rome more than Spartacus.
Also, Coupling if you're looking for a comedy.

(although looking at the list of shows you've seen already, I don't know if these "kinds" of shows interest you)

Edit: This is the Rome I'm talking about. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384766/

Also, anyone here watching "The Black Sails"? Any opinion?
(Its a Starz show - the same guys who made Spartacus)

Back