English TV series discussion

Is it too late to start 'Buffy the vampire slayer'? It used to be very popular but somehow never got around to watching it. Though Sarah Michelle Geller can be reason enough, how has the series aged?

Anyhoo, going to pick up Firefly for this weekend. I have already got hold of Serenity. Now, my question is, should I watch it on the order it was meant to be or in the order of it's release?

The order it is actually meant to be watched. i.e. the 1hr episode serenity is the pilot, then the train job, after that i guess the order is fine. And finally the movie (also called serenity).

What the hell Is wrong with accents of many of the characters in true blood. Everyone speaks in some weird accent.

That's a Southern accent. Like i said earlier that's one of the main reasons i couldn't make it past a couple of episodes, they all sounded like a bunch of rednecks.

Anyone seen The Strain yet ? It's getting good ratings but it goes against my new rule of avoiding anything with zombies/vampires/cops/ aliens/supernatural bs.

P.S Finally found something to watch, dunno how this slipped under the radar, it's a one hour special to conclude the series.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3221116/

Anyone seen The Strain yet ? It's getting good ratings but it goes against my new rule of avoiding anything with zombies/vampires/cops/ aliens/supernatural bs.

P.S Finally found something to watch, dunno how this slipped under the radar, it's a one hour special to conclude the series.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3221116/
Yeah the last episode of IT Crowd is hilarious. It was really sad to let it go. What a wonderful series.

So, let me check...

No Buffy/Angel, True Detective, The Wire, True Blood, or The Shield?

I said new rule, those shows are ancient except TD but anything new with those subjects and i'm not watching.

I'm sorry if you feel that I'm arguing with you, but aren't you limiting yourself? Why does it matter if a show/movie/book has aliens or vampires as long as it is good? These are just elements which can be used in a interesting way to tell good stories.

Maybe you should not start watching new shows right away but if the entire season is amazing then why should things like this matter?

I'm sorry if you feel that I'm arguing with you, but aren't you limiting yourself? Why does it matter if a show/movie/book has aliens or vampires as long as it is good? These are just elements which can be used in a interesting way to tell good stories.

Maybe you should not start watching new shows right away but if the entire season is amazing then why should things like this matter?

No lol i don't think we're arguing. I've been watching shows for so long i'm kinda tired of the same old subject matter shows are based around these days. It's just that i've gotten old and have absolutely no interest in silly beings like vampires and zombies plus don't you think they are massively overused in all kinds of media ?
These writers have run out of ideas long back and now they are targeting movies to base tv shows on, sure Fargo was great but this is not a good trend.

The order it is actually meant to be watched. i.e. the 1hr episode serenity is the pilot, then the train job, after that i guess the order is fine. And finally the movie (also called serenity).

Gotcha! Thankfully, the Blu-Ray has included them in the intended order from the get-go. So looks like I'm all set.

Back