English TV series discussion

Ok. so im into 2nd season of Game of Thrones and all i can say is "Epic". This is a word which is being thrown around to describe everything nowadays. But GOT is actually of epic proportions. I like it even better than Mahabharata. Every character seems tailor made for that role and the soundtrack is really outstanding. An example
when Ned stark dies, in the credits that slow melancholic strings really strike a "pike" through your heart

Ok. so im into 2nd season of Game of Thrones and all i can say is "Epic". This is a word which is being thrown around to describe everything nowadays. But GOT is actually of epic proportions. I like it even better than Mahabharata. Every character seems tailor made for that role and the soundtrack is really outstanding. An example
when Ned stark dies, in the credits that slow melancholic strings really strike a "pike" through your heart

meh the background music is too subduded and they don't zoom in on the faces enough. even balaganapathy's worst episode is indescribably better than got's best episode.

the drama and emotions are lacking too. not to mention morality and decency

Last edited:
Just completed season 10 of Two and a Half Men and Fargo.

Fargo was brilliant. The whole plot, atmosphere, Billy Bob Thorton's bad-ass performance, Martin Freeman's solid acting etc. This show turned out to be a very unique dark comedy/thriller. Highly recommended.

Two and a Half Men now earns the top spot in my favourite comedy show. Even without Sheen, the show is still dam funny, albeit not on the same level, but still good enough to make you laugh.

Watched The Strain Episode 7 and it was frigging awesome.

Who are these geared up guys?Don't they look a bit too much like the strigoi????
Fenix read this only if you really want to know the answer.
Surprisingly (or rather not so) the TV series has yet to expand on the story of the Master. In the story, there are 7 vampire clans. Many of which want a peaceful relation with humans unlike "The Master". Those suited guys are also vampires but more like the German.

How's Fringe?
Just aquired season 1, watched pilot - though I am not impressed much, it was okayish. How does it develops later?

None of the shows I follow is airing at the moment. Need some recommendation.
Already have on my hdd

Modern Family, Fringe, True Detective, OITNB, Sopranos S1, Shield S1

Any clue how shall I proceed? :p

Last edited:
Fringe gone completely downhill in later season...
Skip it it's not worth a watch...
I don't know but I came to conclusion that any tv show that has J.J.Abramas attached to it, it sucks later no matter how good the initial seasons are..

Fringe gone completely downhill in later season...
Skip it it's not worth a watch...
I don't know but I came to conclusion that any tv show that has J.J.Abramas attached to it, it sucks later no matter how good the initial seasons are..

Words to live by. Been doing that since LOST.

They don't just suck later, they suck all the way, we realize later.

Fringe wasn't that bad. OTOH, Lost was awful, pointlessly stretched out made even worse by people endlessly analyzing and looking for meaning to the story when there was none.

Orphan Black Seaon 2 - whoa!! How does Tatiana Maslany do it? Excellent,excellent acting.

Not happy with the finale though, I particularly hate those protagonist-fighting-Big corp type storylines

Back