English TV series discussion

Finished the inbetweeners and its freakin hilarious. My list of top hilarious shows just got updated
1. Peep show
2. Coupling / Inbetweeners
3 The IT Crowd

The later seasons of Inbetweeners were a bit too crude imo, there are also 2 movies, one of which came out last week.

Yeah a bit crude, but doesnt take anything away from the hilarity though. I have seen both the movies and they are very good as well though not as funny as the show itself. The only complaint i have against the british shows are they have so few episodes :( . Would have loved to see some more. But that might have come at the cost of quality. Look what happened to good shows like HIMYM, BBT, The office. The writers started running out of funny ideas :p

Finished season 3 of GOT
Im really sad after Robb and his mother's death. That hit me like deep. I was lying awake for 2 hours yday night thinking abt it :'(

Finished season 3 of GOT
Im really sad after Robb and his mother's death. That hit me like deep. I was lying awake for 2 hours yday night thinking abt it :'(

I was unable to watch that episode after it aired due to some work but my colleagues didn't spoil it for me, i kinda anticipated that event knowing GRR but the scene was still brutal and shocking.
Another event awaits you in season 4 :p

Finished the inbetweeners and its freakin hilarious. My list of top hilarious shows just got updated
1. Peep show
2. Coupling / Inbetweeners
3 The IT Crowd

Confused about Inbetweeners - which one to look for...

IMBD shows 2008 and 2012 as TV series, also like to know is it Coupling = Inbetweeners like office US/UK version ?

Already added Coupling in my getting list.

Confused about Inbetweeners - which one to look for...

IMBD shows 2008 and 2012 as TV series, also like to know is it Coupling = Inbetweeners like office US/UK version ?

Already added Coupling in my getting list.

Coupling and Inbetweeners are completely different shows but are tied for second place on his list.
As for the Inbetweeners get the UK one, the 2012 page probably links to the short lived US adaptation.

Is this Suits Season 4 already over/complete (just 10 Episodes) or it will again start early next year for other 6 episodes (like Season 3)..

I finished Game of thrones season 4. Finally and Wow! the last 2 episodes were just breathtaking. I was thinking it had lost some steam in season 4 but the last few bits absolutely salvaged my faith in the show. So much happened and so fast. Now the only sad part is no other show can match this level of drama. What am i supposed to do now :p
I was absolutely rooting for Tyrion to kill his father. Any man who would have been driven to that point of ridicule and humiliation can turn bloody nasty. I have started liking the Khaleesi less and less. She is an arrogant, pompous and clueless girl despite her acts of kindness from time to time. Arya stark is one of the best characters and her scenes are always great.

^ ...and now my wait begins...
Daeneris' arc had peaked in S3, but S4 had nothing new to offer. This was the season of Tyrion (He deserved emmy for that trial demand). Any comments on Oberyn?

Another thing is the special effects are damn good. Wow those dragons are so detailed. I cant believe a TV show can produce such impressive level of visual beauty. Is that a real wolf which accompanies them? . The visuals are so gorgeous i am more enamoured by the this tv drama than stupid overcheesy CGI's in 300 part 2, pompeii, noah . Especially
the whole war sequence in s4e09 was one of the most visually engaging things ive seen

Still going strong with "The Good Wife". In middle of season 4. It is not like an awesome TV series but I haven't found any reason to stop as well.
Also watching "Under the Dome" weekly.

The good wife is one of the few show which is never become dull in their whole run...
Each season bring something new and last season was mind-blowing with some twist

Just finished Parks and Recreation season 6. It was pretty good. Now waiting for the final season to air.
Now on to OITNB season 2.

Almost done with Modern Family S05.
And this is the first comedy I watched which doesn't have that background laughter sounds. :)

Now the only sad part is no other show can match this level of drama. What am i supposed to do now :p

You can watch the next best thing that is currently on tv Boardwalk Empire (on its last season now btw), sure the period might not be appealing to everyone but you'll be missing out on one of the best yet underrated dramas ever.

Is that a real wolf which accompanies them? [/spoiler]

Lol ofc not, there are cgi reels like this one for every season, check em out

I'm almost near to the completion of the third season of Person of Interest and this is hand down the best season in the series. The first 10 episodes itself were the highlight reel. Great acting, superb action and an equally compelling storyline. I also have to commend the sound effects on this show, amazing detail is present in all the action sequences.

Also started Hemlock Grove and with just 3 episodes in, I'm lost as far as the storyline is concerned. I'm not sure if they explain it in the latter episodes, but the introduction wasn't really compelling. Will see how it goes though.

I'm almost near to the completion of the third season of Person of Interest and this is hand down the best season in the series. The first 10 episodes itself were the highlight reel. Great acting, superb action and an equally compelling storyline. I also have to commend the sound effects on this show, amazing detail is present in all the action sequences.

Seriously, the sound effects and music are both brilliant. I remember making this last season.

<S3 spoilers>

http://a.pomf.se/uakjtk.webm

Back