English TV series discussion

@mathrisk - Fringe sucks for the first season. Even the lead actress has a wooden face throughout, though people say it improves in S02 I just couldn't muster the courage. From the list I think True Detective should be the first. I binge watched the whole show in a day. This is coming from someone who took 4 starts to even get going with Game of Thrones.[DOUBLEPOST=1409413852][/DOUBLEPOST]
Anyone want to try new show watch Utopia, it's fresh from usual crime show with all British ingredients...
I think most of the regulars on the thread have watched Utopia. Its pretty good with the build up and all, I personally loved the way whole chat room conversation was filmed in E01.
I read some where that David Fincher was going to do a US version for HBO.

Person of interest will become one of J.J.Abramas show if they try to stretch it more...
Though I love his work in both star trek movie...

As whatsinaname pointed out, JJ is not a writer but only executive producer on PoI. Jonah Nolan and Greg Plageman are showrunners.

Leave it to HBO & Alan Ball to turn a done-to-twilight story idea into a fangtastic (pun intended) tv show.Right from the opening montage,True Blood is delightfully disturbing and frighteningly funny...

Leave it to HBO & Alan Ball to turn a done-to-twilight story idea into a fangtastic (pun intended) tv show.Right from the opening montage,True Blood is delightfully disturbing and frighteningly funny...

Never made it beyond the first few episodes but the review for the final season is out on IGN and they gave it a 5.6, thought you'd need a warning before you waste any more time on mediocrity since IGN generally gives out higher scores so i'd take this as a 4.

Never made it beyond the first few episodes but the review for the final season is out on IGN and they gave it a 5.6, thought you'd need a warning before you waste any more time on mediocrity since IGN generally gives out higher scores so i'd take this as a 4.
Uh-oh

The meta rating echoes your view - http://www.metacritic.com/tv/true-blood

Did Alan Ball quit in the later seasons?

Anyway,once I have started it i gotta finish it till the end.Its a compulsion i have...thanks for the warning though brother, but i have watched Covert Affairs, so this is nothing :)

Last edited:
Uh-oh

The meta rating echoes your view - http://www.metacritic.com/tv/true-blood

Did Alan Ball quit in the later seasons?

Anyway,once I have started it i gotta finish it till the end.Its a compulsion i have...thanks for the warning though brother, but i have watched Covert Affairs, so this is nothing :)

The last season was a bit of a drag, but mostly cause they were trying to give it a satisfactory end rather than rave ratings. It has its own goodness, and you get addicted to that. The rest of the story line doesnt matter much then.

IMO 4 seasons is the ideal length for tv dramas which allows to flesh out the characters just right. Far too often promising shows get cancelled in the first season while other shows get stretched out to 7 or more seasons because of the ratings they got in the early seasons.

Mr. Sloane turned out to be pretty good. Too few episodes for the first season and it ended sort of abruptly as well. Hopefully it will get a second season.

Just finished Hannibal's second season and man that was one brilliant finale. In fact, the whole season was splendidly done. This season was extremely bloody and visceral. I'm amazed how relaxed NBC, a network channel, has become when it comes to pushing the boundaries on gore level. I'm really keen to see how season 3 is going to turn out.

Also done with Modern Family's 5th season. After watching Two and a Half Men back-2-back, this show only manages to get a few chuckles out of me. Eh, might have to look for some better alternative now.

Will probably load up Person of Interest's season 3 and True Blood's final season next.

Finished the inbetweeners and its freakin hilarious. My list of top hilarious shows just got updated
1. Peep show
2. Coupling / Inbetweeners
3 The IT Crowd

Back