English TV series discussion

Hit-Monkey (8/10)
An animated series revolving around a monkey of all things being guided by the ghost of a dead assassin to wreak havoc on the Yakuza in Japan.
Sounds like a brain-dead idea on paper.

I saw each episode was only 25-30 mins and started watching it yesterday thinking that I will just watch a couple before going to sleep.

Ended up bingeing the whole season till 4:30 AM even on an office working day.

Think of a quirky, violent and cool homage to Quentin Tarantino in animated form.

Last edited:
Hit-Monkey (8/10)
An animated series revolving around a monkey of all things being guided by the ghost of a dead assassin to wreak havoc on the Yakuza in Japan.
Sounds like a brain-dead idea on paper.

I saw each episode was only 25-30 mins and started watching it yesterday thinking that I will just watch a couple before going to sleep.

Ended up bingeing the whole season till 4:30 AM even on an office working day.

Think of a quirky, violent and cool homage to Quentin Tarantino in animated form.

3 episodes in and its brilliant. Sad that Hotstar hasn't released it yet as initially communicated.

3 episodes in and its brilliant. Sad that Hotstar hasn't released it yet as initially communicated.
Wait till you get to episode 8.
I don't understand why Marvel is not hyping it up. Honestly this is the best thing they have done in Phase 4.

Arcane- I am not sure why this one is being hyped so much.
The animation is incredible but its no "Into The Spider Verse" to which its being compared. I gave up around episode 7 when Jinx got too much for me.
It's well done no doubt but not the greatest animated series of the decade.
I think gamers are hyped since this is a good adaptation of a story orginating from video games which are rare.

Hellbound

first 1-2 hours are good, rest it saas-bahu.
please don't waste time .
I dunno man. I mean it not as action packed as Train to Busan but the themes run far deeper here as to how religious dogma comes in to explain things we don't understand and how the clergy class conjures up bullshit rules to expand/hold on to their own power.

Mike Flanagan attempted the same themes around religious fanaticism in Midnight Mass but Hellbound does it better.

Think of the demon execution as a random death and how all religions have come from the fear all humans have due to the curse of our sentience-

We fear death and think we are special enough that it must not be random and there's a higher power with a plan to reward the faithful and punish the sinners.
Furthermore if we are faithful enough we will keep on living for eternity.

If that were the case I think heaven and hell should be too overcrowded by now spanning over 300k years of just homo sapiens' existence.
And I am excluding the other primate versions that led to humans. :p

In the end its all random. We are just a thin film of bacteria on a piece of water,mud and rock hurtling through space.

Last edited:
I dunno man. I mean it not as action packed as Train to Busan but the themes run far deeper here as to how religious dogma comes in to explain things we don't understand and how the clergy class conjures up bullshit rules to expand/hold on to their own power.

Mike Flanagan attempted the same themes around religious fanaticism in Midnight Mass but Hellbound does it better.
while i agree totally on the subject.. i mean they were not able to present it properly.. or may be the way first 2 episodes are made is not carried in rest of the episodes.. all of then were drag, unnecessary stretching of scenes.

> Midnight Mass

haven't seen it yet.. may be i should try

Watched both seasons of The Missing over the past fortnight. It is a slow burn like most British shows, but especially so since it is one case spread over 8 episodes. But the acting and direction is top notch. Story is good, though I would rate Season 2 as better since end of Season 1 was a bit disappointing.

Watched both seasons of The Missing over the past fortnight. It is a slow burn like most British shows, but especially so since it is one case spread over 8 episodes. But the acting and direction is top notch. Story is good, though I would rate Season 2 as better since end of Season 1 was a bit disappointing.
In similar genre, do check out Forbrydelsen as well, if not already watched. There was a US version called 'The Killing', but the original Danish series is a masterpiece in itself.

Cowboy Bebop, the live action version : 7/10. 4 episodes in and its not that bad, corny jokes and all. I have not seen the original animated series so its completely new for me.

Finished Arcane on netflix. Have not played league of legends or any other Riot stuff.
Quite surprised by its quality. Amazing blend of 3D and 2D cgi and motion capture. Good story and brilliant characters. Can't wait for season 2.

Back