English TV series discussion

Enjoy but just skip the last season (season 6). It's plain bad and not worth the watch at all.
I stopped after 4th season. The series showed Frank's rise but since it was so successful, the showrunners kept dragging it out instead of showing his downfall.

To quote Cambridge Dictionary
Hosue of Cards - idiom - a complicated organization or plan that is very weak and can easily be destroyed or easily go wrong

Instead of things going wrong for Frank, he kept successfully managing his way out of all problems.

Then it was publicly revealed that Kevin Spacey is a creep and from what I heard the show just haphazardly dealt with his character off-screen.

They should've just wrapped the story in 4 seasons instead of dragging it out.

Sad that this serial called Person of Interest has been removed from Amazon prime.

See https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/

Eerily sinister portrayal of AI in an action format.

Loved the latter part of season 3 where the rival AI machine called Samaritan comes into play.

And that again sinister sounding voice of the British accent character guy who heads the bad guy team.

I would categorise it as a cult classic now.
Loved PoI when it aired the first time. Have done countless rewatches.

But recently came to know that Jim Caviezel believes in and propagates Qaanon theories. The series does not feel the same anymore.
He had an incoherent outburst a few months back.

Loved PoI when it aired the first time. Have done countless rewatches.

But recently came to know that Jim Caviezel believes in and propagates Qaanon theories. The series does not feel the same anymore.
He had an incoherent outburst a few months back.
Yeah he's a full blown alt-right ahole now.

Fans speculate that Sarah Shahi's character was introduced because if required, showrunners could fire Jim Caviezel due to his behaviour on set.

On the set of Person of Interest, everyone considered him to be the dumbest man alive, which is also why he was so dangerous on the set above everything else.

Cavizel pretty much doesn't understand the difference between acting and real life. He basically acted like a sociopath where actors were the same as props, there for him to play with. If there's a scene where he has to choke a bad guy, he's legit going to choke the actor because "that's what the character would do."

In one scene filmed in Manhattan, he's supposed to be driving to chase someone. He's just supposed to pull out and stop the car for the camera, instead he goes full blast, runs a red light, and nearly hits 4 pedestrians. When asked why he would do such a thing, he says its "because that's what the character would do." After this, he was quickly banned from any scenes involving him driving and a stunt double would do that.

He did not understand his character, at all. He would frequently suggest his character violently murder or torture people. This is despite that being the last thing the character would ever do. He would constantly suggest this despite being shut down hundreds of times, he had no filter between thought and utterance out of his mouth and would say every time, "you're gonna love this."

The show utilized a dog in later seasons, but Jim kept yanking its chain despite being told repeatedly not to. Eventually the dog bit him and they had to find a new dog and paint its chest white. Again, his contact was limited with the animal and a stunt double used whenever possible.

He didn't want to shoot a scene where his character rescues a gay couple because it was against his religion. Eventually he agreed after someone told him about 9/11 firefighters rescuing everyone, not caring about what they believed or who they were with. He then agreed but went the whole day repeating that as if he believed what he was doing was as noble as 9/11 firefighters.

Foundation is a fantastic piece of sci-fi in its truest form. This is an incredible, masterfully done show. Can't believe Foundation S02E08 is the show I've not seen in the last 2-3 years.

Foundation is a fantastic piece of sci-fi in its truest form. This is an incredible, masterfully done show. Can't believe Foundation S02E08 is the show I've not seen in the last 2-3 years.
Agreed, today's episode was very good. Hope more shows like this and the expanse keep coming, there's shortage of good sci-fi shows.

How do you guys remember the past episodes if you are watching a show after a long gap (say a year)? I have troubles with that. I loved Westworld, then stopped watching, now I want you watch again, but forgotten everything. Same with Expanse.

How do you guys remember the past episodes if you are watching a show after a long gap (say a year)? I have troubles with that. I loved Westworld, then stopped watching, now I want you watch again, but forgotten everything. Same with Expanse.
For me i don't even remember last week's episode for most shows i currently watch, i recall only after seeing recap at the start. You should watch the trailer for the shows you're gonna re-watch, like there are trailers for each season which might help you recall something.

Back