English TV series discussion

stalker said:
^ Just finished watching the first season. I'm loving it :D

this show is seriously in the running for best show on tv right now. try and catch up with season 2 before next wednesday so that you can watch the explosive season finale with the rest of us :eek:hyeah:

THE WIRE is awesome its just too reall and a bit hard to understand with all those slangs though but neverthless best cop story i have seen in years

Flash forward 9th episode SUCKED i mean the show needs some pace damn it it started really well

^^ if you liked The Wire (no reason why anyone who gave it a chance wouldn't) then you should also like Homicide: Life on the Street.

Wow! I am blown away by the latest "Sons of Anarchy" episode. Not only was it the best Sons of Anarchy episode ever but I think it was also the best TV episode this season. Never before would you have rooted for the Bad guys the way you are going to do in Sons of Anarchy.

chiron said:
^^ if you liked The Wire (no reason why anyone who gave it a chance wouldn't) then you should also like Homicide: Life on the Street.

I tried Wire. Saw the first episode and dropped it. I see TV series' with my wife and she just hated the first episode. I didn't like it either. Maybe I gave up too soon.

^^ it starts a little slow but once you get into it, it is by far the best tv show ever. And that is not just my personal opinion. After all it has to be something special to get 9.7/10 on imdb and similar ratings on metacritic etc.

Bluffmaster said:
Wow! I am blown away by the latest "Sons of Anarchy" episode. Not only was it the best Sons of Anarchy episode ever but I think it was also the best TV episode this season. Never before would you have rooted for the Bad guys the way you are going to do in Sons of Anarchy.

it was seriously amazing. funniest bit of the episode was when maggie siff (tara) gets tough with that hospital administrator :hap2:. and the face offs that deputy hale stopped twice. god damnit, why did he have to stop them :mad:. that scene in the cigar shop where he sees just how much chief uncer will allow the sons to get away with was really powerful. and here's a question... why the hell does zobelle make out with his daughter like they are lovers? :huh:

^and he can tell just by her smell that she has been with an irish? :rofl: Also Jax kicking westons butt was a little unrealistic, I mean if they were to fight in real, all it would take is one punch from rollins to knock jax out. :p

Bluffmaster said:
^You are actually comparing Sunny with Sons? Not that Sunny is a bad show, it just has a completely different genre.

well u dint mention that sons of anarchy episode was the best drama episode this season, u said it was "the best". so thats y the comparison.

i found those 2 episodes hilarious, funniest scene was when frank gives the paddys pub merchandising egg to dennis & tells him that you are supposed to squeeze it when you get stressed.

Hmm I never really gave a try to Sons of anarchy due to the relatively low ratings, but as many of you seem to be liking it will give it a go..

Aces170 said:
Hmm I never really gave a try to Sons of anarchy due to the relatively low ratings, but as many of you seem to be liking it will give it a go..

actually there aren't many of us who watch the show (i think). it's just 4-5 fellows, but we make a lot of noise about how awesome it is :rofl:

spindoctor said:
actually there aren't many of us who watch the show (i think). it's just 4-5 fellows, but we make a lot of noise about how awesome it is :rofl:

erm,. how many do you think post regularly on this thread? :tongue:

Back