English TV series discussion

i'm aware that my opinion is not shared by many, but i honestly don't think the show was any good after season 1. the port season was meh, hamsterdam was ridiculous and unrealistic, prezbuluski in school season wasn't even the same show, and the last season with the huge lie was just downright stupid.

wow interesting ending to this week's stargate universe.

Ok guys. I am looking for a new series.

Finished Lost, 24, PB, Dexter, Psych(1st season), Fringe(1st season), Jericho, Burn Notice, Heroes, Lost Room, Day Break, Journeyman.

I am thinking "The 4400", some say it is better than Heroes(1st season).

Wonder if there is any series thats based on puzzles(movies like Cube) or time travel.

Heck, just suggest anything good :p

vij said:
Ok guys. I am looking for a new series.

Finished Lost, 24, PB, Dexter, Psych(1st season), Fringe(1st season), Jericho, Burn Notice, Heroes, Lost Room, Day Break, Journeyman.

I am thinking "The 4400", some say it is better than Heroes(1st season).

Wonder if there is any series thats based on puzzles(movies like Cube) or time travel.

Heck, just suggest anything good :p

You and I have quite similar tastes when it comes to TV. I would strongly suggest the following:

Sons of Anarchy

Breaking Bad

The Sopranos

Chuck

Firefly

Oz

Hustle

Also, I have started watching White Collar (Starring Bryce Larkin from Chuck), so far it has been pretty entertaining. You can put this show in the genre of The Mentalist but its different from those type of shows, as in its pretty believable and has its own charm. There have only been 6 episodes so far, so it won't take much time to catch up with it.

Bluffmaster said:
You and I have quite similar tastes when it comes to TV. I would strongly suggest the following:

Sons of Anarchy
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos
Chuck
Firefly
Oz
Hustle
Also, I have started watching White Collar (Starring Bryce Larkin from Chuck), so far it has been pretty entertaining. You can put this show in the genre of The Mentalist but its different from those type of shows, as in its pretty believable and has its own charm. There have only been 6 episodes so far, so it won't take much time to catch up with it.

Thanks Bluffy. Will try out Sons of anarchy.
Hustle and Firefly, I already finished. Missed that in my post.

the article says that it's worldwide dvd sales are pretty good. then there are people who actually like the show... i guess their memory doesn't go further back than 3 weeks, so they don't remember all the nonsense that happens on these shows.

it just bugs me that good shows get shitcanned and trash like this lasts 5 years.

spindoctor said:
it just bugs me that good shows get shitcanned and trash like this lasts 5 years.

not just 5 years. its always been the case. the vieweing audience is very weird. most good shows are canned & shit 1's continue.

wow interesting ending to this week's stargate universe.

Is it, gave up on the series midway :p

Also will start watching Dexter, its got one of the best ratings ever for a tv show :)...

BTW loved scrub's 9th season opening, gives a nice push to the overall settings which was getting old as 8 years past by...

log 1 = 0 said:
Shittt...Crap....****....Damn... :|

It was a pretty ok show..I loved it :(

yep, i feel the same way :(. sure, it wasn't a blockbuster show but it had some good writing. a million times better than the crap fest that is heroes. but heroes will get an extension, and this show gets canned. makes no sense to me.

men of a certain age had an interesting premiere. it's a subtle and sobering comedy about 3 middle aged men and how they deal with their lives and problems. it's not one of those comedies which has a canned laugh track in the background, but it was amusing in parts. actually a better description would be a comedy/drama mix. might be worth checking out seeing as how the late summer shows are ending now and the winter break is starting for the other major ones.

Back