English TV series discussion

V is mediocre at best.

Btw, I'd recommend Jeremiah to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. There are a few plotholes but the overall story is done really well. I liked it as much as I liked Firefly.

Ethan_Hunt said:
I'm also picking up 'V'. Let's see how it is. :)

Watched all 6 episodes of V and all I gotta say is bullshit! It's just a pile of shit with ETs and stuff.
saumilsingh said:
How does Star Trek TOS hold up today? Or should I just start with TNG?

I tried watching Star Trek TOS but the animations, acting and quality just doesn't match up to today's standards that we are used to. Gave up after watching 2 episodes. Better start with a newer Star Trek Series.
Just finished watching all the 12 episodes of Spartacus - Blood and Sand and I was totally blown away. No compromise in any aspect at all. You gotta show violence, you rip their limbs apart, you gotta show bed scenes, you show full on nudity and nasty stuff. Waiting for season finale.

Something for people hunting for something new. Its called Ugly Americans. Its a new show on comedy central. 5 episodes out. I liked it very much. Its an animated show which focuses on a Dept of Integration after Hell *literally* transcends on earth. Its a riot. :)

How does Star Trek TOS hold up today? Or should I just start with TNG?

TOS will seem cheesy if you start with, so will TNG for 1 season. I suggest start with TNG, and dont give up on the 1st season, follow it up with DS9, and Voyager. I would rate the series as:

1. DS9

2. TNG

3. Voyager

4. Enterprise

5. TOS

Till the voyager series, I loved almost all the episodes, enterprise is good at some parts etc. DS9 was my personal favorite, as it got out the subtle political undertones of the Star trek universe.

Aces170 said:
TOS will seem cheesy if you start with, so will TNG for 1 season. I suggest start with TNG, and dont give up on the 1st season, follow it up with DS9, and Voyager. I would rate the series as:
1. DS9
2. TNG
3. Voyager
4. Enterprise
5. TOS

Till the voyager series, I loved almost all the episodes, enterprise is good at some parts etc. DS9 was my personal favorite, as it got out the subtle political undertones of the Star trek universe.

Amen to that :cheers:

Marc Alaimo was simply brilliant in DS9 :clapping:

Aces170 said:
1. DS9
2. TNG
3. Voyager
4. Enterprise
5. TOS

Heh yea, the politics is the best part of Star Trek.

Will start with TNG and follow up with DS9 if I get hooked.
Opinions on Enterprise are bad throughout though.

^^ it aint that bad, its just that people's expectations were pretty high after DS9, infact its much better then a lot of shows categorized "good" at present...

Voyager is also good, but it tries to be too adventurous. BORG were doubtless the most interesting rival races.

Based on the discussion here, I started out with DS9 today. I must admit that I thought TNG is where the show peaked (still do). However this is not half bad. 4 shows down it is getting better.

SharekhaN said:
Based on the discussion here, I started out with DS9 today. I must admit that I thought TNG is where the show peaked (still do). However this is not half bad. 4 shows down it is getting better.

DS9 kept getting better as the seasons progressed :)

Chuck vs the Honeymooners had an overdose of Charah (Chuck+Sarah)...Just what the fans needed.Even General Beckman agrees.:D

Morgan and Casey look like they are going to be one of those epic dysfunctional professional couples.

Chuck just keeps getting better and better.No more gaps now, its non stop till the season finale on May 24th.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Started Spartacus: Blood and Sands and it's kick-ass. I saw 5 episodes back-2-back yesterday. Will complete watching the rest of the episodes today. The production values are really high for this show. Loved the underworld pit fight, had some extremely gory scenes there.

Me too started watching it. And OMFG did not recognize Lucy Lawless, women gets hotter and hotter with age, and then they showd her nude @__@

I LOVE Spartacus, 5 eps in. Best use of cg blood so far.

Back