English TV series discussion

Just got both the seasons of True Blood. Some awesome stuff there. Beats The Vampire Diaries any day of the week. Also got both seasons of Fringe and Spartacus season 1 in 720p. Got my quota of TV shows for this month. :D

How are Castle, Office and Scrubs?

soggy316 said:
Finished the first season of "Archer" - a animated spy comedy that runs on FX, quite hilarious, its worth downloading the first season (10 episodes).

Its about a spy agency called ISIS in which the lead character -Archer is a field agent. and the agency is headed up by his mother.

The first episode will not necessarily hook you, ep2 had me in hysterics, and the show becomes very strong from thereon out. All in all an enjoyable watch. its in the vein of "Always Sunny" as far as the humor is concerned. The voice acting is top notch, with a couple of Arrested Dev. alumni - Jessica Walter and Judy Greer.
Just finished S01 , brilliant show , i wasn't quite convinced with E01 , but E02 had me hooked . Brilliant voice overs , best animation i have seen in a long time :eek:hyeah:

I like Chuck. its a great show that I've just started watching. pretty hilarious.

Nerd gets all the US secret intelligence imprinted into his brain and how he's forced to work with the government agents as a spy, while at the same time maintain his family life and real job at a computer super store called Buy More.

Started Spartacus: Blood and Sands and it's kick-ass. I saw 5 episodes back-2-back yesterday. Will complete watching the rest of the episodes today. The production values are really high for this show. Loved the underworld pit fight, had some extremely gory scenes there.

hyperknight said:
I like Chuck. its a great show that I've just started watching. pretty hilarious.

Nerd gets all the US secret intelligence imprinted into his brain and how he's forced to work with the government agents as a spy, while at the same time maintain his family life and real job at a computer super store called Buy More.

Yeah, we know who/what Chuck is...

Btw, Chuck won the E-online Save One Show Poll! :clap: and that too, quite convincingly...

After starting off Save One Show with 20 contenders (all network series that have not yet received a pickup for the 2010-11 season), you fans narrowed the list down to six finalists. Nearly a million votes came in, and here are the final results:

Chuck 52%

One Tree Hill 20%

Life Unexpected 11%

Heroes 8%

Better Off Ted 5%

Parenthood 4%

It would be nice if they concluded the series with a two part special or something but yeah, definitely no reason to have another season of Heroes :D

Watched the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory and as usual, it rocked. HIMYM on the other hand, was a completely different story. Why don't they just finish off the series and get it over with!

dipen01 said:
There is but one path... WE KILL THEM ALL :D.. Nice ending...to Ep 12..
And Kill them all, it is. Man I can't wait to see how the season ends. I completed watching all the episodes in 2 days. It surpassed my expectations. I must admit STARZ has took an extremely bold move by bringing great deal of gore, blood, nudity and foul language in a Television series. I thought I had seen everything in Californication, but this show just breaks all barriers for nudity.

I'm also picking up 'V'. Let's see how it is. :)

Back