English TV series discussion

anyone watching band of brothers pacific? three episodes down the line--its still not as good as the previous band of brothers--not intense enough--not much fighting.was expecting Pacific to feature more brutality since the japanese were some of the most brutal disciplined and dedicated fighters. also the episodes seem shorter if compared to the previous series.

^^Watched the 3 episodes which are aired so far. No where near Band of Brothers. I hate that there is no character development. The acting is also not that good. Have to wait and see if the remaining episodes are any better.

i hope iwo jima and the other episodes are intensive with loads of gore and violence-wtf band of brother pacific-its world war 2--its supposed to be hell! its more of the dull drama romantic crap now!

eggman said:
What's your opinion about THE OFFICE!!! I think it's the funniest sitcom ever created!!!

It's kind of a microcosm of real world problems.They make that tiny little office space their entire Universe.Brilliant stuff.

Jasku said:
Guys, any reviews on 'Flash Forward' worth the dload?
It started off nicely enough.. but turned to crap faster. They just keep prolonging the pain :(

sibot said:
alot of people here keep talking about Spartacus, is it that good of a show?

Nope.. Spartacus sucks... hence the praise :rofl::rofl:

flash forward is no good. they had a brilliant idea and botched it up with absolutely lousy execution. i'd bet money that it will not last more than 1 season.

flashforward dint even last a full 1 season. i think its canned after 13episodes.

the show was very promising & had 1 of the best pilot ep i have seen, but after 3-4 eps they just drifted from the actual plot & kept showing something else all together.

stormblast said:
flashforward dint even last a full 1 season. i think its canned after 13episodes.

the show was very promising & had 1 of the best pilot ep i have seen, but after 3-4 eps they just drifted from the actual plot & kept showing something else all together.

well imdb and tv.com are both showing that there will be at least 15 episodes aired, which means 2 more after the last one. i just read that it's ratings are in the toilet, so you're right, it could get pulled. that would suck though, because we wouldn't get any sort of conclusion to the story at all. entire season wasted :no:

just watched the season finale of how to make it in america. nice show, shame they only gave it an 8 episode run. hopefully it did well enough to warrant a second season.

@Pacific : A good show but not but most reviews here are that its not as good as Band of Brothers. I say it is not supposed to be compared only in the first place. Totally different stories, totally different character development. In BoB the focus was on the Easy Company as a whole.. Here its limited to 3 characters. And fact matters too.. In 3rd ep if fact demands the details about their visit to Australia, then it had to be shown.. One cannot expect boom bang in every episode..

I liked BoB and I like this one as well.

@Flashforward :- Well I agree that show has gone down hill after the solid Pilot.. But I don't think its that bad as others (Including reviews) are claiming it to be. I mean, ok they pakaofyed in the middle. But start and end of every episode is interesting (Case in Point - Ep 14) and I also like the flow of the show (not the pace). And yea chances are that its going to be canned after this season but surely they will finish the 1st season.

@Spartacus - All I can say is everyone has a different reason to like the show :bleh: But yeah chances are that people will like it ;)..

Anyone followed up on THE BRIDGE ?.. I mentioned about that few weeks back. I am not sure how the series has progressed (currently on Ep 5)..Although the Pilot (Ep1+2) was pretty solid...

Anyone checked out new comedy Sons of Tucson ? - decent show..

Back