English TV series discussion

pacific isn't nearly as good as band of brothers though. at least not yet... in bob, even the first episodes were pretty damn good. heck i still remember currahee and scenes from it, even though i haven't seen the series in years. not true for this new series.

was so missing BoB after Pacific...that i ended up watching BoB again in just 2 days... 5 eps yes...5 today..

I think the main reason that show isn't as good as BoB is the time.. 45 min is just not enough... BoB eps ranged from 1hr to as long as 1:20 hr.. for a proper section/episode to conclude that much is needed IMO..

Spartacus Ep10 just blew me away. What story. The Drama that unfolded was just amazing. I thought that what they achieved in Ep9 would be a benchmark for the whole season but Ep10 was folds better. I could completely compare the scale of drama with the movie Troy when Achilles drags the body of Hector infront of his whole family. I almost had few tears in my eyes at the end of the episode. Just when i thought that a particular character would have a special role, Bam he is gone.

I guess we are soon going to have a separate thread for the series.

Spartacus Ep10 was really awesome.. Unexpected twist in the story. Even I was feeling that this particular character would have a very big role in the later episodes, but...!! Am eagerly waiting for next Sunday.

I am watching Castle S1 right now and loving it.
It's not particularly well written and the characters tend to act very OOC most of the time, but it's nice light-hearted detective stories of the kind I enjoy thoroughly (like Monk and Veronica Mars :p).

saumilsingh said:
I am watching Castle S1 right now and loving it.

It's not particularly well written and the characters tend to act very OOC most of the time, but it's nice light-hearted detective stories of the kind I enjoy thoroughly (like Monk and Veronica Mars :p).

the writing gets better later.

Switch said:
Spartacus Ep10 just blew me away. What story. The Drama that unfolded was just amazing. I thought that what they achieved in Ep9 would be a benchmark for the whole season but Ep10 was folds better. I could completely compare the scale of drama with the movie Troy when Achilles drags the body of Hector infront of his whole family. I almost had few tears in my eyes at the end of the episode. Just when i thought that a particular character would have a special role, Bam he is gone.

I guess we are soon going to have a separate thread for the series.
Gonna start watching Spartacus next. Troy was awesome despite its mediocre reviews.

Back