English TV series discussion

how many of you saw the new episode of fringe? the episode was a little slow, but the intro was brilliant. since the episode was based in 1985 the intro music, text & gfx were changed. was quite good.

The new Doctor is awesome! Moffat! Amy Pond!!

(As you can see, I really liked the episode and the extended peek into the season. I may be a tad excited.)

Watched all the 5 episodes of this new show "V" and it plain sucks. The pilot was without any doubt really interesting but the series doesn't seem like it's going anywhere. For a show with a theme like Aliens, "V" is way too slow.

Got True Blood in HD last night and watched the first few episodes. Seems way better than The Vampire Diaries or Angel.

Guys please recommend some good shows. I'm currently following Chuck, Heroes, HIMYM, TBBT, Supernatural, Smallville, V, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Fringe.

abtom said:
Watched all the 5 episodes of this new show "V" and it plain sucks. The pilot was without any doubt really interesting but the series doesn't seem like it's going anywhere. For a show with a theme like Aliens, "V" is way too slow.

too slow??:S It was just the opposite for me, too fast with just no character development whatsoever. Give me the 80's 'V' any time.

Since there were mixed opinions about 'Flash Forward', I skipped it, and dloaded 'Modern Family', and watched a couple episodes, its funny, kinda reminds me of 'Arrested Development', anyone else feel the same way?!

Anyone following Australian TV ?

I am following

Rush - A Police drama

Packed to Rafters - A family drama

Both are in their season 2, Both are pretty decent and better than quite a few American shows..

Bluffmaster said:
Was the latest episode of Chuck the best ever? I was literally overwhelmed with emotion by the end of it. God, Sarah is beautiful!

By far the best so far.FINALLY a concrete bond between the two.What a way to seal the deal with what Chuck finally does at the end.Not to mention the hilarious moments with Morgan and General Beckman.I was literally lost for words by the end of the episode.There was so much I wanted Chuck and Sarah to say about each other.An absolutely solid episode.Yvonne proved YET again that she is by far one of the most beautiful woman and one of the most under-rated actresses on TV.She really deserves so much more.

23 days for the next episode to air, good thing too, my finals are starting this week and by the way in which every new episode keeps getting better and better, a distraction is the last thing I need.:bleh:

Episode 14 Chuck vs The Honeymooners looks like another killer episode.Can't wait for it!

I really hope NBC renews Chuck for a 4th season.This is by far one of the best, most entertaining and lovable shows on T.V right now.There are already campaigns started to renew the series.I'm doing all I can as a fan to help make a difference.

Another way in which YOU can make a difference is by voting for Chuck on E-online's 'Save One Show'.Chuck has made it to the final 5 shows to save.Please head on to E-online and cast your votes for Chuck.You can vote as many times as you want.Just refresh your browser and vote again...and again..and again.:)

On an ending note, never mix Gaming with Whiskey, according to Morgan.:rofl:

episode 4 of pacific was a total letdown and the whole series is not worth the trouble! the makers are minting on the popularity of the original band of brothers - the acting is not good/neither is the story - there have been 2-3 japanese banzai charges in 4 episodes- no gore no bloodshed - doesn't feel like war. this has been a total letdown.

anyone know of the harry enfield comedy series - don't know the name. i wanted to watch it any reviews would be helpful.

Finished watching Boston Legal (one of the best series ever IMO), Scrubs and Royal Pains.

Watching - Big Bang Theory, Psych, Two and a Half Men, Gary Unmarried.

Will watch later - House MD, Entourage.

SharekhaN said:
I thought Royal Pains would be good, however the show just lost its charm after a while.

Thats just me tho.

that's because you were expecting the party scene from the first episode to continue throughout the series :bleh:. royal pains is your typical, low budget summer cable show. watch and forget kind of stuff. it would have been nice if they had some sort of proper story telling throughout the season though. summer is typically the time when tv viewership plummets in america and high budget serialized shows are just not viable for the channels. that's why all the heavy hitters from fall go on hiatus and are replaced by (usually) second string stuff.

dipen01 said:
^^

Yup went downhill pretty fast.. The girl was cute though ;)

indeed. and she's a pretty good actor as well. just hasn't hit the big leagues yet.

Finished the first season of "Archer" - a animated spy comedy that runs on FX, quite hilarious, its worth downloading the first season (10 episodes).

Its about a spy agency called ISIS in which the lead character -Archer is a field agent. and the agency is headed up by his mother.

The first episode will not necessarily hook you, ep2 had me in hysterics, and the show becomes very strong from thereon out. All in all an enjoyable watch. its in the vein of "Always Sunny" as far as the humor is concerned. The voice acting is top notch, with a couple of Arrested Dev. alumni - Jessica Walter and Judy Greer.

Back