English TV series discussion

dipen01

Skilled
Aug 14, 2005
F|0ccY said:
Its shallow compared to Band of Brothers, some episodes were down right boring.
Can't compare those 2 shows just because its from same production house.. The storyline, premise, emphasis on characters - everything is totally different. Ofcourse at the end of the day, its all personal opinion ;)

F-0ccY

Skilled
Jan 21, 2006
Mumbai
www.hlfallout.com
dipen01 said:
Can't compare those 2 shows just because its from same production house.. The storyline, premise, emphasis on characters - everything is totally different. Ofcourse at the end of the day, its all personal opinion ;)
True, but the experience of The Pacific was dampened because Band of Brothers was just so good.

iyengar

Adept
May 27, 2010
Dont want to sound stupid but still want to say..Every time u watch a Series be sure not to have expectations, cause thatz what makes the Series either top or flop (our expectations) just enjoy regular as it is.

My 2 cents

eBro

dipen01

Skilled
Aug 14, 2005
F|0ccY said:
True, but the experience of The Pacific was dampened because Band of Brothers was just so good.
That I agree because our we wanted to see 'Band of Brothers - Part II' and not The Pacific ;)

Switch

Skilled
Jan 13, 2005
Sheldon is a superhero IMHO...

Also... Now that LOST is over... Anything else remotely as good as it was... I also liked Spartacus to be honest and found V to be mere timepass...

gizmoholic

Adept
Jul 6, 2005
The Big Bang Theory - I was startled at the Battlestar Galactica reference. I was like, "Aah..Finally a reference to one of the best sci-fi series of all time !" Else it's generally Star Wars/Star Trek as far as sci-fi is concerned. The show clearly is aimed at an intelligent audience, as some of my friends didn't get quite a few jokes at which I was laughing hysterically :D :p { Yes. I am showing signs of Sheldon.}

Bluffmaster

Skilled
Jan 4, 2006
gizmoholic said:
The Big Bang Theory - I was startled at the Battlestar Galactica reference. I was like, "Aah..Finally a reference to one of the best sci-fi series of all time !" Else it's generally Star Wars/Star Trek as far as sci-fi is concerned. The show clearly is aimed at Geeks, as some of my friends didn't get quite a few jokes at which I was laughing hysterically :D :p { Yes. I am showing signs of Sheldon.}

Corrected.

gizmoholic

Adept
Jul 6, 2005
Bluffmaster said:
Corrected.
Moral of the story - Geeks = Intelligent Audience :p

Besides, it's been rated the highest rated sitcom this year. So you can't say that it's restricted to geeks. Just that the jokes are not as flat as they are in HIMYM.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Chuck has ended as well. I'm glad they gave the finale a proper treatment. I was almost beginning to loose hope after watching 'Chuck vs the Honeymooners' and 'Chuck versus the Role Models' episodes. They were downright atrocious. Thankfully, it picked up after that and got really interesting. Loved the ending song of Episode 17; I am Your Skin - Bravery. Casey's daughter is so freakin' cute. Morgan has really been the only consistent performer on the show. Jeff and Lester need to be sent on a break, they are seriously getting annoying. I think it would have been good if they had ended the show with the last episode, it would have been a perfect closure.

F-0ccY

Skilled
Jan 21, 2006
Mumbai
www.hlfallout.com
Ethan_Hunt said:
I think it would have been good if they had ended the show with the last episode, it would have been a perfect closure.

How is that?Chuck JUST discovered something that was hidden from him ever since his childhood.His mother has now come into the picture, its far from over.Season 4 is going to be all about family.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
F|0ccY said:
How is that?Chuck JUST discovered something that was hidden from him ever since his childhood.His mother has now come into the picture, its far from over.Season 4 is going to be all about family.

It was an incentive to make the 4th Season. It was all fun until the spy operation was a secret. Now, pretty much most of the lead characters know about Chuck's identity. So I'm not sure how things will pan out. Will Chuck tell Ellie about their mother? I thought he had promised to stop this once he stopped/killed Shaw.