English TV series discussion

watched the pilot of persons unknown. nice idea, ridiculous execution. i actually laughed a couple of times (and this is supposed to be a thriller/mystery show). i bet it gets canned soon, but if anyone is looking for something to watch, give it a shot.

has anyone watched luther? 6 episode season 1 just ended, starring idris elba ("stringer bell" from the wire). wondering if it's any good.

I find the mentalist much more serious than PSYCH ..May be just me.. I was trying to get to understand this PSYCH series on Startworld.. I liked Mentalist.

eBRo

iyengar said:
I find the mentalist much more serious than PSYCH ..May be just me.. I was trying to get to understand this PSYCH series on Startworld.. I liked Mentalist.

eBRo

Mentalist is supposed to be serious. Psych is more comedy oriented and you'll rarely find serious parts in that show.

Just finished watching Jericho. Can't believe they canned something like this.. :(

It does get cheesey in bits (ok.. maybe a little more than just bits).. but on the whole its just such an awesome story :(

Now to hunt down the comic through which they are completing the story.

Another great show that got canned and that I just finished was Arrested Development.. Hope they make the movie soon enough.

Started watching 30Rock. Tina Fey & Alec Baldwin are fantastic!

hv started with glee really cool, not that funny but a nice drama i liked it

already over with 2n1/2men completed, big bang theory, chuck, house all completed full season

and yea do watch

THE IT CROWD its a british sitcom but amazing

stalker said:
Just finished watching Jericho. Can't believe they canned something like this.. :(

It does get cheesey in bits (ok.. maybe a little more than just bits).. but on the whole its just such an awesome story :(

Now to hunt down the comic through which they are completing the story.

Another great show that got canned and that I just finished was Arrested Development.. Hope they make the movie soon enough.
jerich was really good. season 2 was very fast & seemed very hurried, but that was because the show was canned & they got picked up for just 7 episodes.

arrested development never got canned. it got finished, the writer ended it. its 1 of the best comedy shows. tobais, gob & buster own.

So, I finally found the time (and patience) to watch Spartacus and OMFG, what an amazing piece of work! I'm hooked!.I'm upto episode 6, need to get the rest.

saumilsingh said:
Tracy Jordan owns all. I assume you find him annoying right now (as does everyone in the beginning), but give it some time.
he was never annoying, he's always the funniest along with dotcom & the other guy. lol

WHO DAT NINJA

stormblast said:
jerich was really good. season 2 was very fast & seemed very hurried, but that was because the show was canned & they got picked up for just 7 episodes.

arrested development never got canned. it got finished, the writer ended it. its 1 of the best comedy shows. tobais, gob & buster own.
Fox told the writer after the 2nd season that the ratings weren't good enough for the show to last beyond the third. Hence the writing worked to close up the story and get michael the CEO's post. Showtime offered to pick it up later, but the writer declined coz he had already wrapped up all that he wanted to say.
Also, "I'm a Monster"/ "Marry Me"

saumilsingh said:
Tracy Jordan owns all. I assume you find him annoying right now (as does everyone in the beginning), but give it some time.
On the contrary, I find him to be fantastic. Jenna Maroney on the other hand is ewwwwww

stormblast said:
he was never annoying, he's always the funniest along with dotcom & the other guy. lol

WHO DAT NINJA
“This Honky Grandma be Trippin”

^^hell yeah man, the boys are back soon. cannot wait for season 7 to start.

also started season 9 of scrubs and i do not really like what they have done to the show, liked the earlier setting better.

was looking for a crime-thriller ..just couldnt get anything like prison break

castle - was nice ; like it mainly because of the chemistry btw richard and beckitt ; per episode story

24 - was addicitive , its better than castle but i still watch castle coz i am not looking for addiction ; per season story

Back