English TV series discussion

Ethan_Hunt said:
Excellent start to Entourage's Season 7. But wasn't Vince supposed to be doing the Scorsese movie?
Wasn't that Gatsby? That was done before season 6 aired.He was supposed to do the Darabont movie, where he played Enzo Ferrari.

F|0ccY said:
Wasn't that Gatsby? That was done before season 6 aired.He was supposed to do the Darabont movie, where he played Enzo Ferrari.

Oh yeah! I lost touch of the show completely after it went on a hiatus. Don't even recollect what happened in Season 6.

Of the new shows:

Scoundrels: Amazing show, has great potentials. Great funny crime/comedy drama.
The Gates: Give it a miss. Its like Twlight: New moon in a Hiranandani complex. Whats with werewolves and vampires in every god damn tv show.

yes.season 6 had him wait for 12 weeks before he was off to Rome for the ferrari movie.guess we should assume that he finished that and started another movie.

New episode seemed short.may be it's coz of all the wait. Loved Turtle's entry in the episode.

Has anybody tried Chuck? Its a show about a computer geek who also gets entwined into the mysterious world of spies. The IT Crowd?
And, is anybody watchin Will and grace these days, or I am the only one who still finds it funny.

Finished watching Dexter season 4, watched the last episode last night and it was mind blowing, what a turn around in the story in the last 5 minutes it was awesome.

In case of Scoundrels :- Its just painful to watch..

Its copied from UK Show - Honest

which was copied from New Zealand Show - Outrageous Fortune..

And not just the theme.. Whole bloody plot was copied by both Honest as well as Scoundrels.. Scene - Scene (I'm serious).. It took me just 30 sec to realise that they are gonna copy the whole plot..

Pitiful..

raptor3624 said:
I second that.
I concur... stopped it after 2-3 eps..

Has anybody watched the following Brit Sitcoms?? After watching IT Crowd i thought of giving a try for the following:

1. Peep Show

2. That Mitchell and Webb Look

3. The Thick of It

WAtching Robin Hood s1 right now, its an average show, but some brilliant acting by the sherrif, hood and few other characters..

Very nice timepass..

pradeep200417 said:
Has anybody watched the following Brit Sitcoms?? After watching IT Crowd i thought of giving a try for the following:
1. Peep Show

Seen Peep Show. Very much "guys only" comedy - lots of sexual stuff etc., unlike IT Crowd which is very light comedy which can be enjoyed by all.

The only british comedy which I completely watched end-to-end was 'Coupling'. I loved the show.. except for the last season when Jeff(Richard Coyle) left the show.

pradeep200417 said:
DO you mean verbally or graphically??
There's no nudity in the show, but a lot of stuff happening in the show is around these two guys trying to get laid. It's not everyone's cup of tea. I suggest download and watch a couple of episodes at first, instead of the entire Season 1 (or others) and take it from there.

Back