English TV series discussion

ubergeek said:
does anybody here watrch the Pacific its awesome saw the first episode it was really any nice

btw need opinoins on californication,glee

-cough-

The Pacific was awesome, but Band of Brothers is better any day.

Watched the 1st season of Glee. Nothing special, its your typical high school comedy/drama with some music thrown in. Jane Lynch gets a few good lines, but she has no one to really play off so she is not as funny as she could be, the music is quite decent, typically only showtunes and current pop music, although it occasionally surprises you with a springsteen or a mellencamp or a Queen song. The stories are a cluster**** of epic proportions, none really get any chance to breathe. Its basic problem is that the show has no idea what it wants to be. All in all it a generic highschool drama with good-decent songs, no harm in watching it, but not worth spending too much effort on.

red_devil said:
watched 2 seasons of Chuck. Was pretty OK kinda series. Before I allocate bandwidth for the 3rd season, any quick pointers as to how good/bad it is (in comparison to S1 and S2)

Also planning to start off with CASTLE. So which one do I allocate precious bandwidth :p to - Chuck S03 or CASTLE?
Castle..

And I've started watching White Collar. Interesting. Seems almost like Castle with characters replaced and the type of crimes changed to white collar ones.

dipen01 said:
@RookieBlue:

Checked its pilot last night.. It was okay I mean ..Enjoyed it in parts..

Got a hint of Southland...but there are too many rookies (5)..so the situation is kept diluted and little bit of humour and romance is added.. I am plannin to download 2nd ep too..
thanks for the heads up.. i'll add it to my queue... what's another 2 episodes on a mountain of a backlog eh?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ubergeek said:
does anybody here watrch the Pacific its awesome saw the first episode it was really any nice

btw need opinoins on californication,glee
the pacific is terrible on it's own, and in comparison to band of brothers it is an abomination that should never have been made.

check out californication though, that is hilarious.

Guys, anyone checked out 'Gravity', its a new show, kinda dark, seen the first 8 episodes, not quite sure how this one is going, but from my initial impressions, south is most likely direction.

Need suggestion for comedy sitcom.

Personal favs include: TBBT, 2.5 Men and HIMYM (few ep of S05 were good so stuck with it)

Finished these 3.

Need recommendations.. and anybody in noida/ncr willing to share would be added bonus.

Thanks in advance. :)

Leverage is back and it still remains the fun show that it was before. Not quite in the league of Hustle but it does kinda stand on its own when you warm up to the characters.

The only thing I like about Indian TV shows are their schedule. They air every week throughout the year....w/o breaks......lol....

Finally got around to watching Prison Break after repeated recommendations from friends. The first season was damn good, the rest were also apart from a few episodes in Season 3 where i got bored.

SPOILER, READ ONLY IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE SERIES FINALE

But hated the goddam way they ended the series, they killed the protagonist, what a way to end the series. Stupid writers! Seriously thought it be a happy ending what with his surgery and all :mad:

wingmysoul said:
Finally got around to watching Prison Break after repeated recommendations from friends. The first season was damn good, the rest were also apart from a few episodes in Season 3 where i got bored.

SPOILER, READ ONLY IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE SERIES FINALE

But hated the goddam way they ended the series, they killed the protagonist, what a way to end the series. Stupid writers! Seriously thought it be a happy ending what with his surgery and all :mad:

lol..yea teh first season is arguably the best season of any show.

Back