English TV series discussion

madnav said:
started watching house MD after many friends suggested.

it is just a detective series with medical theme.. i mean, when did docs started bursting into patient's house?
The docs report to House and they talk just like how detectives talk with alternative perspectives in detective series..

surely it is interesting, but maybe for the wrong reason ?
are you looking for logic? i mean a serial killer in a police station :| , a guy with matrix in his head :??? :| , people with superpowers??????????

kippu said:
are you looking for logic? i mean a serial killer in a police station :| , a guy with matrix in his head :??? :| , people with superpowers??????????

ohh no.. no heroes, matrices etc :p

im just saying that the series is not about hospital..they could have had the same impact if it was a detective theme series..say, like mentalist and psych.

House in House MD is analytical just like Patrice Jane in The Mentalist. The other 3 do the field work like trio in The Mentalist.

There is 1 boss in Mentalist whereas that job is split in two in case of HouseMD.

Both lead characters are loners.

the rest of the part: Breaking into house, analysing clothe and household samples... is common to both :lol: :p

this is just as per 1st 5 episodes on HouseMD..

it surely is interesting; but makes me think that any irrelevant theme would feel interesting with these patterns backed with similar kind of music.

chiron said:
Yeah, they should have given a second season to Rubicon and cancelled Walking Dead... that one was such a disappointed. Terriers should have gotten another season too... such an underrated show.
Rubicon had such a good cast , a very complex theme , 1 season wasnt enough to judje it :( whereas the Walking dead is a theme done to death :mad:

Fringe is on its way out it seems , moved to Fridays

How about Frasier and Seinfeld?
People always forget about these.
Frasier is darn funny, unlike the modern day comedy like Coupling and what not, where funny means saying something that revolves around sex.

Scrubs, How i met your mother,scrubs,big bang theory,

Nikita,The vampire Diaries,Detroit

Chuck,Fringe,The Mentalist,Supernatural

^^

Go for "Defenders" - If you are into 'law' based shows : Nice actors / Decent script... Overall, a fun to watch..!!

Another is "Blue Bloods" - A very good cop-based show : Great actors / Great script.. Overall, a good package..!!

And as you have mentioned shows mostly from Showtime/FX - You can checkout a Pilot of - "HUFF". Slightly Old show, Chances are you will like it..

Just finished the Finale of 1st season of "The Big C".. A good watch and along with that splendid acting from Laura Linney & Oliver Pratt..!!

Showtime really airs awesome shows..!!

Californication is ON b**ches! Time to start the new year with a BANG!

Spartacus will come up in a couple of weeks, so we will have 2 kick-ass shows from 2 kick-ass networks.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Spartacus will come up in a couple of weeks, so we will have 2 kick-ass shows from 2 kick-ass networks.

I saw the add in HBO.. as coming soon.. Loved it wonder how much would be censored to telecast in India.. oh that womens, blood, war

eBRo

eBRo

GuruGulabKhatri said:
^^ Yeah Its My Favourite Channel Now along With fx

1 / LOST/Dollhouse Blurays are out....Should I Download It?

2 / Also Did anybody Watch Nikita/Hawaii 5.0 /Human target / Breaking Bad??

D
1) No need for Dollhouse... D/l LOST only if you are a die hard fan..!!

2) Nikita - Appealed to me initially, lost it after 3 eps.. Hawaii 5.0 - Pretty decent.. Human Target - Left after 2nd ep.... Breaking Bad - A very good series. (atleast till S2)..

Back