English TV series discussion

Just watched the Pilot of "Last Resort"... Best Pilot I have ever seen, at par with Prison Break..!

Show with Immense Potential, Premise & Cast.. Hope it sustains..Highly Recommended.. Plot is mentioned below - I suggest you don't read it to get the real grip..!

the pilot was absolutely brilliant...

- - - Updated - - -

Saw Dexter S7 E1 - pretty good for an opening episode I'd say. Where is Yvonne Strahovski? :unsure:

she will be introduced in episode 3 or 4

Deb : Are u a serial killer ??
Dex : yes .. ( Closes eyes and then curtains down )

Oh yeah !! I waited for this scene for a year ..
Never have been so excited for mondays till now. :p

For those that have gotten through Shield and haven't watched Homicide - Life on the Streets, yet, please do.
It's based on the same book as The Wire, by David Simon and is another fantastic piece of work.

Andre Braugher's(plays the lead on Last Resort) career took off as a result of his portrayal of Det. Frank Pembleton in Homicide.

Is it just me or did anyone find Season 4 of Breaking Bad a tad slow and not much happening. Season 3 was literally so gripping and choc filled with cliffhanger moments and season 4 just seems much slower after it. I'm upto season 4, episode 8... will watch episodes 9 and 10 tonight after dinner.

Dexter , An awesome start to an awesome Show .
Totally agreed with @aquaticbullet , same with me when i watched the last episode of 6th season ,i can't resist myself and start imagining what will be happening next and the thing was killing me inside that damn , hurry up 31st September 2012 just fly into my calender .
@Gannu Just wait for 2-3 episodes she will be in front of you , but damn only on your screen ;) :D
And the Chuck princess will be rolling some entertainment ,waiting eagerly to see her with Dexter :sign21: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that have gotten through Shield and haven't watched Homicide - Life on the Streets, yet, please do.
It's based on the same book as The Wire, by David Simon and is another fantastic piece of work.

Andre Braugher's(plays the lead on Last Resort) career took off as a result of his portrayal of Det. Frank Pembleton in Homicide.

Thanks for the heads-up! Downloading now.

Completed the first season of The Shield yesterday and it was awesome. Like the second season's start as well. I'm definitely getting the remaining seasons and plan to complete them in my vacation. :D

**** Dexter, did anyone watch Homeland's S2 E1? That was much better than Dexter's episode! I had a terrible headache yesterday (thanks to the sudden change in the weather!) else I'd have enjoyed it even more. This is going to get a lot more interesting I reckon.

Is it just me or did anyone find Season 4 of Breaking Bad a tad slow and not much happening. Season 3 was literally so gripping and choc filled with cliffhanger moments and season 4 just seems much slower after it. I'm upto season 4, episode 8... will watch episodes 9 and 10 tonight after dinner.

Please wait for the season finale. That's all I've got to say. :p

i watched both the seasons of game of thrones in 2 days, OMG! wat a serial it was , never seen anything like that , eagerly waiting for the season 3 to unfold, now starting with breaking bad :p

Anyone watching Matthew Perry's new show Go On? I quite liked it. And the melancholic bits do add to the standard sitcom forumla without being too cheesy.

Just started watching Louie, and am really enjoying the show. For starters I feel it has more real people then professional actors, and the situations also seem more real.

Please wait for the season finale. That's all I've got to say. :p

Watched Season 4, Episode 11 last night and boy did they beef up the momentum suddenly. I'm guessing this will be a riveter of a finale!
v.Na5h: Thank-you for your siggy... that there is a humongous list of TV shows you have seen and I boomarked it for my 'To Watch' list. :eek:hyeah:

EDIT: Saw the Season 4 finale last night and what a brilliantly directed episode it was!! Hail to Vince Gilligan, hail to Bryan Cranston!!

Just caught up with Dexter's first episode of season 7 and all I can say is, HOLY SHITZO! He's back, and back in style. Amazing first episode. So much tension and intensity. A lot was revealed about Dexter's past as well. I'm psyched for the next episode now. Also, I see where Yvonne Strahovski would probably fit in. I pray this season just redeems itself from the last 2 mediocre runs.

Back