English TV series discussion

Done with 6 episodes of Entourage season 1. I seem to be unable to develop interest in this TV series. Is this how it is supposed to be? :(

Even I haven't found the show too absorbing .. Its a male fantasy parade ..

I'm down to S2E06 so far and find the characters very artificial .. the comedic moments are pretty repetitive .. Drama remembering his past 'tiny' achievement in Hollywood .. Turtle calling him out on it .. E laughing along .. and Chase being all cool and dismissive.

The cast seems limited to 5-6 main characters .. there is the regular 'guest' star who will as-always invite the gang for a party happening at their place .. Little to none minor/recurring characters.

E sounds so childish trying to act tough n bad-mouth along with the others. The show comes off a parody more ..

^^ I found the show very great. Its all about hollywood and the men from Queens who are trying to make it big. Its about how they hold together as friends. I kind of liked it.

@dexBG

You said what i could not. You are right in all aspects. I am on S02E09 and i think i will be able to finish off this series faster. Currently under ideal circumstances i am targeting around 5 episodes per day (nothing on weekends). Lets see how it goes.
I would not say i am bored but yes things are repetitive and it is just a timepass series and also many a times the nudity shown in totally unnecessary i feel.
Also i see absolutely no use of Turtle.

Last edited by a moderator:
@dexBG

You said what i could not. You are right in all aspects. I am on S02E09 and i think i will be able to finish off this series faster. Currently under ideal circumstances i am targeting around 5 episodes per day (nothing on weekends). Lets see how it goes.
I would not say i am bored but yes things are repetitive and it is just a timepass series and also many a times the nudity shown in totally unnecessary i feel.
Also i see absolutely no use of Turtle.
One more thing i want to add is that, it is based on Life of Mark Wahlberg.
All characters are almost real life characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
One more thing i want to add is that, it is based on Life of Mark Wahlberg.
All characters are almost real life characters.

Really :)

I'd like to see the Rap phase of Vincent Chase.

But overall the show lacks any kind of struggle or adversarial entity which prevents it from being a story. The entourage is living life one party to another..

There doesn't seem to be any larger story arc .. E is the only one who is trying to grow as a character ..

Ari Gold is amusing to watch but the writers seem to have given all the good lines to his character only.

Mark Whalberg must pull a lot of favours to get celebs to pitch in some screen time.

But overall the show lacks any kind of struggle or adversarial entity which prevents it from being a story. The entourage is living life one party to another..

There doesn't seem to be any larger story arc .. E is the only one who is trying to grow as a character ..

Ari Gold is amusing to watch but the writers seem to have given all the good lines to his character only.

Mark Whalberg must pull a lot of favours to get celebs to pitch in some screen time.

You are only in the second season. This show grows on you. Yes it might sound like a fantasyland but I found each episode entertaining.
I just did an Entourage Marathon last weekend and even though I was watching it the second time, I was still thoroughly entertained.

Going by the heaps of praises for this show I was expecting something better ..
It Doesn't bring anything else to the table. all characters are one dimensional ..

That is true. None of the characters will go through a major personality change and this show is also not about how one succeeds despite adversities. I liked it for the banter and the camaraderie between the guys and because it was fun. It is definitely not a drama and is mostly fiction. I am pretty sure no one can have such an easy life and still be so rich and be a superstar in Hollywood this easily shown in this show. But this is not a biopic. It is just a fantasy come true story where everything works itself out for the hero in the end.

If that's what you like, you should stick to Indian Soap Operas. Please dont badmouth the awesome show here :)

Its a happy show man. The lows are not very low and the highs are pretty high.

Entourage, is a fantastic 'feel good' entertaining show does have its highs and lows, I was kinda disappointed with the final season, but the show is a must watch just to get introduced a certain character called "Ari Gold"

Back