English TV series discussion

Guilty Pleasure -- Veronica Mars .. :D

I just watch it for Kristen Bell .. the ratings are good but the direction of the show isn't clear from the first few EPs

Seems like Buffy without the demons & supernatural ..

Started with Hannibal...Completed 3 episodes so far. I really like the way the show is made. Some may find it slow paced but I personally feel its perfectly paced and the visuals are amazing.

Finished Chuck yesterday. A bit disappointed at the direction they took on later seasons. 1st and 2nd season were great - classic action/comedy. They lost the lighter part in the 3rd season and made it a complete suspense/thriller till 4th. The fifth and final season seemed completely unnecessary and confused and kinda waste of time.

I suggest you "The Vampire Diaries". It's a great story of a girl Elena and two vampires brothers Stefan and Demon. It's a great fiction story with full suspense. I think you must watch it.

Breaking Bad finale to be screened at Hollywood Forever Cemetary.

Is that a hint of things to come? Scarface's inspiration is seen throughout the show and there is a also scene where Walt is watching it and saying how everyone dies in that movie. Moreover, there is the famous "Say Hello To My Little Friend" scene, and Walt is shown in Season 5 premiere receiving a parcel of an automatic. Can't wait; this show better deliver an epic ending.

Finished Chuck yesterday. A bit disappointed at the direction they took on later seasons. 1st and 2nd season were great - classic action/comedy. They lost the lighter part in the 3rd season and made it a complete suspense/thriller till 4th. The fifth and final season seemed completely unnecessary and confused and kinda waste of time.

5th season reason.
That was cause the show was cancelled and they had to end it.

^Chuck was in danger of being cancelled every season, right from S2 :p. I for one liked the bittersweet ending, even if they got there in kind of a chaotic.

^It was cancelled after the 2nd season, but Subway rescued it, and then It got a couple of last minute renewals initially for 12-13 episodes for the season and then expanding to 18 or so, they knew S5 would be the last, the stories were "planned" as such.

^Chuck was in danger of being cancelled every season, right from S2 :p. I for one liked the bittersweet ending, even if they got there in kind of a chaotic.

I'm not talking about the ending - the whole fifth season seemed forced. Comparatively the finale was better than the previous episodes.

Saw a few more episodes of Sons of Anarchy and the show is progressing quite well. Loved the relationship between Jax and his mother. And Ron Perlman is just kickass!

There are a few familiar faces from The Shield and Person of Interest as well.

Done with 6 episodes of Sopranos, this show needs to be watched without diverting your attention.
Like in Entourage, you can go somewhere in between, miss few minutes and it does not matter there. Here it does.
I guess it will take some time for Sopranos to grow. Not the usual run of the mill show.

Guilty Pleasure -- Veronica Mars .. :D

I just watch it for Kristen Bell .. the ratings are good but the direction of the show isn't clear from the first few EPs

Seems like Buffy without the demons & supernatural ..

I used to watch charmed just for Holly marie combs :D (although alyssa milano, shannon doherty and rose mcgowan weren't too bad either)

Completed 1st season of The Good Wife, must quite gripping storyline, probably the second best law show after the 'Practice'. A must watch for law show fans.

Glad that you liked it. Got over pretty quickly for me - just 9 episodes. :p

Yeah! I have this really really bad habit of churning through seasons in one go if they're interesting. I watched the first season of Spartacus in one go as well. I squeezed in 3 hours of sleep, but I still consider it to be one go. I just couldn't help myself :(

If the quality of the remaining Vikings season stays the same as the first two episodes, I think I won't be able to stop myself from doing a marathon tonight. :/

Back