English TV series discussion

Is it really that good? Looks like I need to give it a try.
From the trailers it looked like Dr. House (read brilliant doctor with drug issues) set in 1900s. I think there is a Cuddy like character too.
House has got nothing on this. Clive Owen is amazing. Add to that the surgical knowhow (or the lack of it thereof) on that era, and you actually get to see how surgeons devised many of the methods we take for granted today. Till now I've only read about the surgical "experiments" in the 80s and 90s. Now see them firsthand the genius (and madness and the concern to improve and improvise techniques) of those surgeons. Cannot recommend it enough.
On the record, not a fan of House here. Too unrealistic. This, on the other hand, I guess, is exactly what the surgeons of that era did.

Completed the 6th season of Two and a half men. Is it just me or is Jake turning out to be an even bigger douche with each season? Since the last 2 seasons he has been an obnoxious little twat.

The cuteness factor of Jake started to fade as he started maturing into a teenager. Sad but inevitable.[DOUBLEPOST=1407772936][/DOUBLEPOST]So many new tv shows are getting so much love. I will wait until entire season is finished. Im sticking to my no per-episode viewing policy :D .

Started with Game of Thrones. 1 Episode in and i am absolutely hooked. The land of Westeroos( or whatever) is so beautiful. Im glad i had copied the full hd prints from my friend's hard drive.

BTW, how is that awful show True blood on the top of most downloaded list of tv shows.

Started with Game of Thrones. 1 Episode in and i am absolutely hooked. The land of Westeroos( or whatever) is so beautiful. Im glad i had copied the full hd prints from my friend's hard drive.

BTW, how is that awful show True blood on the top of most downloaded list of tv shows.
Because its not aweful. Its just very different and not for everyone. Add to that generous amounts of sex and a unique plot.

It's good for first two season and after that they have started stretching with two many character and true blood look too cheap in terms of production value...
Sookie and her teeth alone will make you too stop watching it...

Yeah that gal was the youngest oscar winner or something, she is talented, but is really wasting her talent on this show.

Can someone help me with a GOT doubt please

So i finished 2nd episode of season 1 where Bran wakes up and after that, during the recap in episode 3, i am seeing recap scenes which were not present in ep 2 i.e. Viserys is talking with someone regarding the only thing he cares about is regaining crown. Arya's brother teaching him swordsmanship or something saying "use it at the pointy end". Im confused. Is this not the episode 3. I really dont want to know the plot and hence im afraid to research on this. Can someone help me out?

^^You might feel a bit lost in the early episodes with so many characters. And many little details are missed out which only make sense on a repeated viewing. Keep at it and you will slowly start to feel the epicness.
And yes, STAY AWAY from any forums (or anything on the net even remotely related to GoT) or the other GoT thread here.

Sookie and her teeth alone will make you too stop watching it...
Never noticed the teeth, but I'm so bored of looking at her tits. Its like OH NO NOT HER TITS AGAIN. But otherwise the show is good fun. Each character has its own little things. Eric, Pam, Jason, Bill make the show totally worth watching. And Jessica, oh jessicaaa <3 <3

This is what made me curious about the show. God bless tumblr.

If you miss the show, you miss some of the best sex scenes on tv. And its a very high quality production HBO series. :)

Last edited:
Started with Game of Thrones. 1 Episode in and i am absolutely hooked.

Lol wth man you finished watching shows like Trophy wife and whatnot before this, you should be banned from this thread :p.
Enjoy watching the show and yes it might be a bit confusing in the beginning since so many sub-plots are shown at the same time but everything falls into place eventually.
Regarding spoilers, GoT readers aren't a-holes so you won't come across them.

Lol wth man you finished watching shows like Trophy wife and whatnot before this, you should be banned from this thread :p.
Enjoy watching the show and yes it might be a bit confusing in the beginning since so many sub-plots are shown at the same time but everything falls into place eventually.
Regarding spoilers, GoT readers aren't a-holes so you won't come across them.
Yeah with me it s like if i like a show, i love it immensely, i become obsessed by it or if i dont like, i stop watching. For now im avoiding any article/link related to GOT as there is too much got exposure on the internet. Damn even i think i have to unsubscribe from 9gag as it posts trolls related to GOT which i dont understand as of yet.

Never noticed the teeth, but I'm so bored of looking at her tits. Its like OH NO NOT HER TITS AGAIN. But otherwise the show is good fun. Each character has its own little things. Eric, Pam, Jason, Bill make the show totally worth watching. And Jessica, oh jessicaaa <3 <3

This is what made me curious about the show. God bless tumblr.

If you miss the show, you miss some of the best sex scenes on tv. And its a very high quality production HBO series. :)
Thanks Buddy!!!
I didn't know True Blood aired on HBO and is Created By Alan ball (xpro of Banshee & Six Feet Under), the two factors which almost guarantee it to be a good show ,Lazily perceived it to a Vampire diaries Type of show. Time to Procurement :)

Thanks Buddy!!!
I didn't know True Blood aired on HBO and is Created By Alan ball (xpro of Banshee & Six Feet Under), the two factors which almost guarantee it to be a good show ,Lazily perceived it to a Vampire diaries Type of show. Time to Procurement :)
Haha its nothing like that crap. Go in with no expectations. Have fun :D

Done with season 8 of Two and a Half Men and it was solid gold. Started season 9 and it turned to shite almost immediately. It was such an epic run, I mean the skunk episode in season 8 had almost killed me with laughter. Should I continue? Does it get any better?

I don't find Ashton Butcher funny at all. The only reason I might continue is because Jon Cryer is still consistent with his role. But I can see how losing Charlie had such a dramatic impact on the show.

Back