English TV series discussion

@raksrules

There is no 'breaking the fourth wall' thing with B99. No speaking to the audience. (I am yet to watch office/parks n rec)
I was a big fan of Big bang theory till season 3. It started to go downhill from there and finally i had to look for better alternative and bumped into B99.

It took me one episode to start liking their brand of comedy, and it is consistently brilliant. From ep1 itself.
Every character has been given good lines/adequate screen time accordingly, and the lead cast blows the competition out of the water. (also confirmed by other fans)
I can go about speaking highly about this show further, but anybody who hasnt seen this, should give it a try. Two-Three ep only, and i am sure it wont be a disappointment.

Any reviews of Rome and Spartacus?
Looking to start watching one of these. But I need to know till which season these are watchable.
Spartacus S1 was really good. Had not seen a period drama with this high production value earlier which made me like it even more. Also lots of nudity helped :woot:. But mind you, it's too much gore and nudity. Lost interest in S2 after the lead actor changed. Never watched after that, although people say S3 was better. The 6 part mini-series between S1 and 2 is also good though.

@raksrules

There is no 'breaking the fourth wall' thing with B99. No speaking to the audience. (I am yet to watch office/parks n rec)
I was a big fan of Big bang theory till season 3. It started to go downhill from there and finally i had to look for better alternative and bumped into B99.

It took me one episode to start liking their brand of comedy, and it is consistently brilliant. From ep1 itself.
Every character has been given good lines/adequate screen time accordingly, and the lead cast blows the competition out of the water. (also confirmed by other fans)
I can go about speaking highly about this show further, but anybody who hasnt seen this, should give it a try. Two-Three ep only, and i am sure it wont be a disappointment.
Agree about B-99. Haven't seen S2 yet. Is the quality still same?

Any reviews of Rome and Spartacus?
Looking to start watching one of these. But I need to know till which season these are watchable.
Rome - watch the complete series. It's just two seasons.
Spartacus - the first season is amazing, especially the finale. The prequel is good too. The next two seasons are OK; you can give them a miss if you want to.

Agree about b99. there is a formula that just works in every episode. the ensemble cast is adorable except maybe that hot headed girl. my favorite is Gina. it may not be a hilarity inducing series but there is always a smile on my face while watching it

^^

List 10.
1. Humour is forced onto the audience. In other words, it's non-existent. The laugh track doesn't help either.
10. It's not intelligent for a show that claims to cater to geeks/nerds. I'd say it does the exact opposite. Everything normal geeks/nerds do, like play video games or read comics/fantasy/sci-fi, etc..., are made fun of for no reason. The activity itself is supposed to be the joke. How pathetic.

There, 10 reasons listed :D

Started watching Sirens and it is really good. I think that anyone who likes B99/The League etc would like this too, probably even more than either of those shows. Also, You're the Worst's first season was decent.

Last edited:
Back