English TV series discussion

Very bad example. Those 'awkward pauses' are because actors are waiting for people in studio to stop laughing.

Shocking, I know.

Lol you missed my point, why are those people laughing at all ? It's not even remotely funny.

Last edited:
Homeland's previous episode was great too. It's getting better and more exciting every week.

Next episode's preview here:
[DOUBLEPOST=1416850582][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lol you missed my point, why are those people laughing at all ? It's not even remotely funny.
They are given instructions on how and when to laugh. If they don't, then why will they be invited there in the first place? They just use this as an excuse for canned laughter.

Walking dead - S05E07..
Now they are just dragging it for no reason...
Series is headed to nowhere after almost completing 5 and half season...

They are given instructions on how and when to laugh. If they don't, then why will they be invited there in the first place? They just use this as an excuse for canned laughter.

Again, that was not my point at all, i initially posted the video to highlight how more unfunny it becomes when you remove the laughter track. All the studio audience discussion is irrelevant, ofc they are paid and indicated to do just that, I was pointing out how forced the humor is just like the other members.

Exciting ending to the latest episode of Homeland. I almost banged my table for cutting me off right there.
The next episode would be more like the terrorists taking over the mall type thing in Kenya, I guess. More action based

Again, that was not my point at all, i initially posted the video to highlight how more unfunny it becomes when you remove the laughter track. All the studio audience discussion is irrelevant, ofc they are paid and indicated to do just that, I was pointing out how forced the humor is just like the other members.

Do you have any proof about this? IIRC, there are tickets for sale which are bought by many people who genuinely enjoy the show. It has been nominated for many and has won some for awards like Golden Globes, Emmy and Critic's Choice awards. Hell, it has got its own Lego set now because people voted for it.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/58456

So you can say that you don't like the show and I will respect your opinion, but don't so condescending about it. I already get enough of it on Reddit.

BTW, I'm quite sure I also wouldn't laugh as much I do when watching stand up comedy without audience laughter. Does that make my favourite comedians unfunny?

Exciting ending to the latest episode of Homeland. I almost banged my table for cutting me off right there.
The next episode would be more like the terrorists taking over the mall type thing in Kenya, I guess. More action based
Peter Quinn finally gets to portray his badassery.

Peter Quinn finally gets to portray his badassery.

There will be a 2 week wait for the next episode of Homeland. It's thanksgiving weekend in the US so no episode this Sunday. :(

Do you have any proof about this? IIRC, there are tickets for sale which are bought by many people who genuinely enjoy the show. It has been nominated for many and has won some for awards like Golden Globes, Emmy and Critic's Choice awards. Hell, it has got its own Lego set now because people voted for it.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/58456

So you can say that you don't like the show and I will respect your opinion, but don't so condescending about it. I already get enough of it on Reddit.

BTW, I'm quite sure I also wouldn't laugh as much I do when watching stand up comedy without audience laughter. Does that make my favourite comedians unfunny?

Obviously you like the show and you're free to post your opinion like i can post mine. Not my intention to be condescending but you completely went off on a tangent and missed my point, everyone and their granny knows how studio audiences work.
Also, any American award is a joke most of the times so it's not really an accurate scale of quality. The hipsters have been giving best comedy to Modern family for ages, they just keep going with what's popular to keep themselves relevant. The lego thing ain't a big deal either, you can kickstart your own idea and 10,000 isn't really a big number.
As for the funnies, i have rofled more watching shows like Parks & Rec, Arrested Dev, B99 which don't have a laughter track so I really don't get your point regarding stand up comedy. You mean to say you need acknowledgment from others before you form your own opinion ?

I gave up on Homeland mid season 2, just couldn't take the family drama. Any way I can skip S3 and start with S4 directly?

Yes you can start directly S4,no need to go through S3...
Just read what happen in season 3 in Wikipedia and you are good to go.. Although season 4 has not much to do with season 3

Homeland season 4 is the best so far of the series. Brody and his family just took out the pace and added unnecessary family emotional drama.
Right from Ep1 this season grips the viewer. though what happened in last ep is not possible realistically.

I gave up on Homeland mid season 2, just couldn't take the family drama. Any way I can skip S3 and start with S4 directly?
I would say endure it. Skip the family drama part. May be just watch the part with Brody, Carrey and Sol.[DOUBLEPOST=1416979597][/DOUBLEPOST]
There will be a 2 week wait for the next episode of Homeland. It's thanksgiving weekend in the US so no episode this Sunday. :(
Why God why??? Anyways.. Blacklist is also gonna be releasing it's latest episode by that time I think.

I would say endure it. Skip the family drama part. May be just watch the part with Brody, Carrey and Sol.[DOUBLEPOST=1416979597][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why God why??? Anyways.. Blacklist is also gonna be releasing it's latest episode by that time I think.
Let me see if I can muster some courage :p

As for Blacklist, its not returning till Feb 2015.

Back